Lennox?

I really like this name, but I’m worried it seems strange. What’s your opinion of [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], and do you prefer [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]?

It’s uncommon but doesn’t seem weird or over the top. I like both it and [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] about equally. [name_m]Lenny[/name_m] or (K)nox would be cute nicknames.

It’s not ‘stranger’ than [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]; actually, it’s higher on the popularity list (US). I slightly prefer [name_u]Lennon[/name_u], possibly because of the obvious [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] reference. [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] reminds me of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] from Eurythmics and also of a girl I’ve known (she was named after [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]). I think both names would make distinctive choices.

I like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]! Much better that [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] which sounds like linen.

We’re having a [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] in [name_u]January[/name_u]. We like the lennon reference, nature oriented, [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] inspired pieces of it. Plus it sounds familiar, easy to pronounce, while still uncommon.

I hugely prefer [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] to [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] (I don’t like The Beatles at all), but I think [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] is great, and it’s been a contender for me before. Great pick!

I don’t think it’s too strange, it sounds like it fits in with a lot of the trendy names in the top 1000. That said, I don’t really like it or [name_u]Lennon[/name_u].