Leo Castiel?

I’ve discovered [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] recently, and while I really like it (which is a feat for me! I’m not sure there’s ever been a [name_m]Leo[/name_m] combo I’ve loved, in the history of my love for [name_m]Leo[/name_m], which has been quite long), I’m slightly concerned about [name_m]Castiel[/name_m]. I like the purported meaning (“my cover is God”), but it seems like the strongest (if not only!) association is [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] from Supernatural. I don’t watch the show, so am not really familiar with the character (although I’ve heard he’s an angel?)–would it be a good or bad association for you? I’ve started to like [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] for its meaning, and its sound and feel and look and personality (and that [name_m]Cas[/name_m]- beginning! I seem to be drawn to them, as I already have [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] on my list, as well), but I’m worried about the strong pop-culture ties, regardless of whether [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] is a good or bad character. I’m not, in general, a huge fan of using names hugely tied to pop-culture. Can [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] be separated from Supernatural? Or should I cross [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] off the list? If I used it, I would probably use [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] as the full combo.

If you would say no to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m], what combos would you suggest in the same vein of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Emilian[/name_m] (another combo that intrigues me, but I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Emilian[/name_m] in general)?

Thanks, Berries!

ETA: Oops! I can’t believe I posted this in the girls’ forum. :confused: Closing this and opening a new one in the boys’ forum…

I think you should keep it because you like it. And in a few years Supernatural wont even be a thing anymore.