Leo?

Hubby has suggested [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but do you think [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] work together? Not sure about the two O endings.

I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] works just fine with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], and then all three siblings have a long O to connect them!

Well, it looks like I’m the first negative, but yes, I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are much too close in sound for brothers. The matchiness detracts from the classy set of your first two, in my opinion.

I think they’re wonderful together. And they both have built-in nicknames that don’t sound like each other ([name_u]Lee[/name_u] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]) if you’re into that.
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] is similar-ish to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (short, starts with an L, ends with a vowel) but has a different ending than [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. Maybe you would consider [name_u]Luca[/name_u]? Or maybe you will have the same problem, since [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] and [name_f]Lu[/name_f] are similar. Sorry lol.
Good luck!

I agree with @quirkflower. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] just sound too similar to me and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] also seems quite modern/trendy whereas your other children’s names are vintage and unusual.

I find it a tad matchy with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and also a bit lacklustre besides [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] -sorry, I’ve met quite a few of them recently. [name_m]Leon[/name_m] maybe?

Yes! All of them have the O sound. I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] also.

I second [name_m]Leon[/name_m].

Ok, so mixed response so far!

What if the full name was [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]?

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] & [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]…?

Yes! Loving it.

I just came back to say that [name_m]Leon[/name_m] would be a stunning addition to the sibset! And while [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a lovely combo on its own, it doesn’t change anything for me as it would still be [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Sorry!

[name_m]Leon[/name_m] is gorgeous with your sib set. I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] & [name_m]Leon[/name_m] would be gorgeous and it’s a great suggestion : )

I so love [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and I love the combo [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

In general, I do think that two o-endings can seem a bit matchy, but you’ve also got a non-o ending child and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is such a well-loved and well-established name that it doesn’t seem chosen for “theme” reasons at all.

I like it a lot. Some of your other name ideas feel fresher and more “stylish” (in terms of matching the ever-so-slightly quirky, international vintage vibe of your other children’s names) but you can’t go wrong with [name_m]Leo[/name_m], ever. It’s pretty much the perfect boys’ name to me.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is fantastic. Obviously I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] as I have one, and I actually just said to my husband yesterday “it’s a shame we can’t ever have a [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] since we have a [name_m]Leo[/name_m]” (to which he told me that [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] wasn’t his favourite anyway, so a non-issue) but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if I’m wrong.

If you had a [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and a [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] I wouldn’t bat an eye. Or if you had an [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and a [name_m]Declan[/name_m]. If you wanted a [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] with [name_f]Violet[/name_f], I’m unsure. Or a [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and a [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]. But it’s only the -o that is the same between [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. The rest of the name is vastly different. So I think maybe it’s okay.

Also, as said above, [name_f]Violet[/name_f]'s name has a non-o ending, so that makes it less matchy too.

I think if you both love it, it could work. Your sibset isn’t everything, either. It’s a bonus for all the names to go well together, but I don’t think it’s essential. Your feelings matter so much more.

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and think it goes so well with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]! I don’t think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is too matchy with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] at all, although if that is a concern how about [name_m]Louis[/name_m]? [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] also make a brilliant sibling set.

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m]! And [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is too handsome! (love [name_m]Leon[/name_m] too)