Leolyn

I want honest opinions on this. Is it usable? Is it easy to make fun of? What kind of middle name goes well with Leolyn? [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it? What are some good nicknames? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’d pronounce it [name]Lee[/name]-oh-lyn. I don’t think it’s usable. It looks made up, like [name]Leo[/name] with a trendy -lyn suffix tacked on in an attempt to make it feminine. There are two obvious nicknames, [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Lyn[/name], though I think [name]Lion[/name] is also acceptable. For middle names I’d say something more classic or vintage, like Leolyn [name]Agnes[/name], Leolyn [name]Catherine[/name], or Leolyn [name]Penelope[/name]. I don’t think there are many points for teasing with it, but kids can come up with some pretty out there stuff.
[name]Hope[/name] that wasn’t too harsh.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I think it’s at least easy to spell and hear. It might get heard or pronounced as [name]Leah[/name]-lyn or something similar a lot. I would probably say [name]LEE[/name] o lyn, and that stress on the first syllable would turn the o more into an a. I might try lee OH lyn, but that is awkward to say. It’s not ugly. It does seem invented. It kind of sounds like a chemical or product (lanolin is a sheep-based product that’s found in a lot of personal care products). I don’t know that it’s easier to make fun of than any other name on average. Nicknames seem like [name]Leo[/name], lyn, maybe Leol.

You might consider [name]Leonie[/name], [name]Leona[/name], Elowen.

Ummm, I don’t like it. Seems made up. [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Lyn[/name] :confused:

I just see [name]Leo[/name] with a lyn tacked on. [name]Leo[/name] is a boys name so it just seems a strange mix to me. Lealyn said like [name]Leah[/name]-lyn is a bit better but still sounds kind of awkward.

[name]Leola[/name]???

I don’t like it, but I’m not keen on the -lyn trend at all. And there are so many beautiful feminine spins on [name]Leo[/name] that it seems a bit of a missed opportunity.

I really like [name]Leora[/name], [name]Leontine[/name], [name]Leonora[/name]…? [name]Even[/name] [name]Leona[/name], which is very simple. [name]Leah[/name] is nice too.

[name]Leona[/name] or [name]Leonie[/name] are much prettier. Leolyn reminds me of the words Violin and Lanolin for some reason.

It’s not for me, it looks rather smushed together. I would prn. it [name]Lay[/name]-o-lynn

Not terrible…[name]Leo[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is how I am saying it. My daughter is [name]Leonie[/name]. Maybe that or [name]Leah[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]?

Very made-up looking…but I don’t hate it. I do think Lanolin though!