Less popular?

Which of these names do you think is less popular (meaning—on boys you know under age 10) ---- [name]Christopher[/name] or [name]Ty[/name] ?

[name]Christopher[/name], easy!

I know hundreds of little boys between the ages of 1 and 12 named [name]Ty[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], nn [name]Ty[/name] and a half dozen assorted other [name]Ty[/name]-type names. But I know one young [name]Christopher[/name] and he’s 12! That’s it.

I’ve never met a [name]Ty[/name] and I know lots of little Christophers. That’s in eastern Pennsylvania.

I know two [name]Ty[/name]'s recently born, some older as well but the only Christophers I know are all older. I haven’t heard of a [name]Christopher[/name] baby in a while. Thats in MN. Now [name]Evan[/name], [name]Owen[/name] and [name]James[/name] … we have had lots of those babies lately!

While I know of quite a few Tylers, I don’t know of any that are called [name]Ty[/name] with regularity. [name]Christopher[/name] on the other hand… Mon Dieu, he’s everywhere. [name]Every[/name]. Where.

[name]Christopher[/name] is ranked #6 in popularity, and [name]Tyler[/name] is #21, so it serves to reason that there are more Christophers than [name]Tyler[/name]/Tys running around. I personally prefer the classic [name]Christopher[/name] over [name]Tyler[/name]/[name]Ty[/name], as it’s timeless. What about [name]Christian[/name] or [name]Tyson[/name]?

Yes I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Christian[/name]! The two Christians I have known were both smart and very handsome.

I second that [name]Jill[/name]!

I do know that [name]Christopher[/name] is ranked number 6 in the US popularity-wise, and I know tons of Christophers, all going by [name]Chris[/name]. [name]Ty[/name] does not seem like a complete name to me, and while I don’t know any, [name]Tyler[/name] is pretty common (I haven’t heard much of [name]Tyson[/name], but it isn’t very appealing to me). Here’s what I recommend: I fully endorse [name]Christopher[/name] with a different nickname. I’ve got him up pretty high in my lists with the nickname [name]Kit[/name]. Others you can use are [name]Kip[/name], [name]Kipper[/name], Kippy, [name]Topher[/name], [name]Christo[/name], etc. The reason I prefer [name]Christopher[/name] to [name]Ty[/name] is what others were mentioning- he is a timeless classic. If [name]Ty[/name] seems like the way to go for you, I say use it as a nickname for [name]Tyler[/name], at least. You know what would make an awesome [name]Ty[/name]? [name]Titus[/name]! :smiley: