Let me rename you (with direction!) 💕

If you’re still up for this, please let me have a go at renaming you by posting: a description of yourself, imagery/feel you hope the name evokes, and also a few general name preferences in the form of origins (eg Gaelic, French), type (established or more “out there”), gender (fem, masc, neutral) etc, whether a mix is preferred, and lastly how many names (2 or 3).

But please don’t give examples of each or your favourite names or otherwise have any attachments/ideas in mind! This isn’t me guessing your set names, still hoping to surprise you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay this is so fun!! I’d love a fem name if possible, first name established with middle names being your choice (can be more established or out there) and no origin preferred!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I am am very short (yet loud!!) girl with short shag-cut strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles, and gold-rimmed circular glasses. [name_f]My[/name_f] glasses are often found atop my head a little bit askew rather than on my face which makes my hair stick up a bit. I love names, traveling, learning new languages, and the color green! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite animals are crabs, giraffes, and any type of cat, and I want to own tons of pets when I am able to, including a snake.
I’m hoping the name can evoke some of my aesthetic - maximalist and fun with a touch of cozy and warm. Thank you for doing this!!

1 Like

@winterlyricalfox Anastasia Tawny Faline :gem::ribbon::crab:

Reasoning

I went for something loud and decadent but also playful and fun to match the messy-haired, cute-as-a-button image you gave me. With its regal origins, Anastasia feels like the perfect name for a maximalist go-getter. Tawny is an Irish name symbolising both green fields and golden brown (perfect for a traveller and animal lover). Faline (“fuh-leen”), because you sound as sweet as Bambi and because it’s also, and more immediately a very sophisticated name in my mind (like many “ine” names). It means feline - associating with your love of cats. Also, all three names have a strawberry, golden honey and orange feel to me, which connects to your cute, scuffed up hair, gold framed glasses, and your favourite animals in the giraffe and crab. You could of course take out Tawny and just have Anastasia Faline!

1 Like

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Tawny[/name_f] [name_f]Faline[/name_f] is so perfect!! And your reasoning is just so thoughtful. I love her, thank you!! :green_heart:

1 Like

i’d love a fem and/or neutral name that’s a little bit out there please! no origin preferred and two middles please <3 thanks in advance!

i’m on the taller side, with medium-length wavy brown hair, dark brown eyes, and some freckles from the sun. i can be quite energetic and loud sometimes, quite moody, but what i’m showing is usually not what i’m feeling. i love music and reading (i play the flute!!), and i swim and row. if you’re going for an aesthetic, it would probably either be some type of academia or quite maximalist!

Summary

I am a teenager living in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] and I have short black hair and dark eyes. I am not tall at all, and I look younger than my age, due to me being small and slender of consitution. I wear glasses.

About my interests: [name_m]History[/name_m], politics, literature, onomastics, language learning / linguistics, literate roleplaying, poems writing, world and characters creating (occasionally) and I always love reading a good story / novel or watching a cool film. I like comedies in these days to cheer me up.

I like old stuff from other eras and I enjoy [name_m]Roman[/name_m] history, Greek mythology, and about [name_m]History[/name_m] I am very interested in the [name_f]Belle[/name_f] Epoque, [name_u]French[/name_u] revolution + I am also interested in Great Navigation era (Pirates, corsars, explorations) and in the 1700-1800s art currents and styles and classical music and literature. I started to be interested in cold war history recently.

I enjoy art, music (I sing and my favourite instrument is the piano). I like going to have a walk in old parks or in the old part of my city / the museums.

I generally like finding the romantic and poetic, novel-esque parts of life. Maybe I over dramatise stuff but I am such a soul.

I think I am somehow like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]. (I tend also to be a quiet masculine person, while still somehow being feminine, and relate a lot to Jo.)

I want to travel the world and meet a lot of people.

Names… Of any gender is fine!

Preferred: [name_m]German[/name_m], [name_u]French[/name_u], Italian. I also like Russian, Spanish and Romanian names sometimes but those are more GP. Please use only this kind of names! I tend to go more Pan-European myself
Type: Both are fine

Fun idea!! I’d like a feminine name with two middles please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

about me

I live in an apartment in a big old house with my husband and a naughty white kitten. I’m brunette with blue eyes and almost exclusively wear blue. I’m a ‘look at the moon!’ kind of person, a daydreamer, a romantic - and a procrastinator. I love interior decorating, horse riding, and going for long walks. With my friends I play board games including dungeons and dragons, and get overexcited about [name_m]Tolkien[/name_m] and [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek. I am on a mission to watch every period drama in existence. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut and I still love the stars :sparkles:

preferences

I love nature and celestial imagery, fairytale/historical vibes, my favourite name origins are Greek/French/Italian/Scottish/Welsh/Cornish, and I’m happy with either established or ‘out there’!

@moon.lark [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] [name_u]Sable[/name_u] or [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] :mermaid:t2::musical_score::mortar_board:

Reasoning

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] (or could be Fifer) to capture your being a flautist, and your musical flair and occasional loudness. [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] because it means optimum strength or health, needed for your pursuits - and it’s “academic” and maximalist. [name_u]Sable[/name_u] for your dark features - or [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], because it’s a literary, clever girl name, if [name_u]Sable[/name_u] doesn’t quite land.

i love this!! thank you so much!

1 Like

This is super fun! I’d like a fem name, an established first name and the middle name(s) can be either established or out there! (I’m okay with any amount of middles!)

description

I’m a 14-year old girl. I have wavy/curly golden blonde hair and blue-green eyes. I’m interested in music (I sing!) theater and baking. My style is soft, casual and girly and has a lot of flowery stuff. I also really like the dollette/coquette aesthetic. My favorite color is soft pink and foxes are my favorite animals.
I’m ENFP in 16personalities and ESFJ in cognitive functions.
I’m smart, fun and thoughtful but also kind of a people pleaser and a perfectionist.

name preferences

Honestly, origins don’t matter that much to me, but if I had to choose, my favorite name origins probably are English, French, Latin and Greek. Finnish origins could also work since I’m from Finland!
I’d love the name to evoke something similar to my aesthetic/vibe!

@persephonescrown A little intimidated being asked by you given your encyclopaedic name knowledge! But here we go, I created two options:

:sparkles:Ursula Tindra Nerys :sparkles:
(or if put off by The Little Mermaid Ursula, I’m not)
:dizzy:Teal Fayra Celeste :dizzy:

Reasoning

Ursula because I think it suits a thoughtful, blue eyed and dark haired gal; a sweet and sumptuous (Greek!) name for someone who likes to hang at home and not rush anywhere. Tindra means to twinkle to capture your star-gazing reveries (it also sounds like a D&D name), and Nerys is Welsh for lady but also a reference as you’d know to Star Trek (plus I see it as a navy coloured name). Teal meaning the colour (given you favour blue and for your eyes. Fayra is an invented fairy queen name. Celeste of course means heavenly.

1 Like

Wow, quite the compliment!! I’m honoured you think so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

These are both gorgeous!!! But I am especially loving Ursula Tindra Nerys, that is so stunning. I’m not at all put off by the Disney villain (although I think it’s less useable on a baby because of the new adaptation :smiling_face_with_tear:) and in fact the meaning, bear, is an important honour for me so it’s perfect. Tindra is new to me and I love her! :sparkles: And Nerys is wonderful, a lovely Welsh name and such a great character (interestingly it’s green and a sort of coral colour to me which I’m 100% sure is influenced by what Major Kira wears :wink:)

[name_u]French[/name_u], Greek, Latin origin, fem or neutral. Chill and light vibe.2 names.

description

I’m quite tall, at around 5’11, and I have hazel eyes. I am a Slytherin and INFJ. I write a lot, mostly poetry, but I occasionally write stories as well. I listen to a lot of music by various artists, including but not limited to Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey & Dua Lipa. I used to read a lot, stories and the sort, but I have significantly reduced the amount of books I read in the past years. I love a good literary reference though! My favourite books would have to be the Sherlock Holmes series. When I have the time, I also watch shows from Marvel and others like Bridgerton and Peaky Blinders. My favourite colours are black, pink and blue. I generally like jewel-tones and dark colours. I play football and sometimes basketball, but I will admit I am inadequate at the latter. I am an introvert with a small circle of friends, and if I had to describe myself in three words, they would be: romantic, poetic & tranquil.

I am looking for a medieval royalty vibe, which preferably alludes to the night. I’d also appreciate a poetic/literary association!

Thank you :heart:

[name_f]Fem[/name_f] or neutral, please. Thanks in advance!

Summary

I’m a young teenager, I love reading, writing poetry, learning about history, singing, and spending time with family and friends. I’m a hopeless romantic, and I’m always lost in a daydream. I’m an INFP and an awkward introvert, but I get quite talkative around people I’m comfortable with. I also love nature, and spending time outside. I press flowers that I find lol, and you can find me gardening with my mom during the spring and summer–which are my two favorite seasons, coincidentally. I hate the cold.
In terms of names, I love nature names or anything old-fashioned sounding. If it sounds like it came out of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables, or a [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] novel, then I’ll probably love it!

Yes! I linked “bear” to your apparent homebody nature (hibernation, strong habits/hobbies etc) but finally selected because I think it suits a curious, romantic person in a cute house with a kitty (and husband)! Am stoked you like it! :raised_hands:t2:

Oh, and I can see why [name_f]Nerys[/name_f] not navy for you, now I’ve looked her up (I’m a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars gal). I still see dark blue but I get why not so for you! Hello synesthesia!

1 Like

I’m really thinking my mother should have named me [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] haha (bear was her childhood nickname :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:). I love [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars too!

1 Like

@AStudyIn_Scarlet Put me to work! :crazy_face:

:crown::princess:t2:

Edith Benedicte Filomena Clotilde

or Wulfhilda Clarimond Hazel Lunete

Reasoning

Edith is traced to medieval times - the abandoned child of King Edgar; Benedict is also a medieval name (Pope Benedict VIII) and connects to Sherlock Holmes — this is of course the femininised version. Filomena is a character is The Decameron (and also ties to your love of music) and Clotilde was a famous Frankish queen - and the name contains the hilde sound, later distinctive among medieval royalty. This is why your second option is Wulfhilda, a real name from Brit medieval royalty (it could have been Gunhilda, also a real name from that time). Clarimond is a medieval name (though perhaps poorly chosen as means light of the world - but could refer to stars to get night connection?! - and there to ground the first name), Hazel to bring in your eye colour (and it also has a literary connection to medieval times) and Lunete is from the Arthurian legends and has a moon/night connotation. I was going to put Æthel and Isolde in there too but too crowded!

1 Like

@rosefairiie Have made you a set instead - where [name_u]Kitty[/name_u] links to “Fox”; with few Finnish names in there; and hopefully capturing a romantic and balletic feel. :ribbon::ballet_shoes::two_hearts:

[name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Velvet[/name_f] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Hildie[/name_f] [name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f] [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Cecile[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Pipsa[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Kitty[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] (or [name_u]Kitty[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] Blair)

1 Like

I absolutely love these!! my favorites are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f] (ironically, it kind of ties into my real name) and [name_u]Camille[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]!

1 Like