Let’s Do That Hockey! 🏒

Any fellow hockey fans out there on Nameberry? :slight_smile:

I’m pretty well hockey obsessed - my hometown is a bit of a breeding ground for NHL players (not listing names for privacy reasons though), and my grandfather and dad were both huge members of our local hockey community. I grew up watching it and I love the sport, as does S/O :slight_smile:

So, if you like hockey, let’s chat about it!! I’d love to meet some fellow hockey fans/name nerds :joy:

I’m afraid I’m not. But I’ve been to a few hockey games. And I used to live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to get into hockey these last few years. It is the only sport I will willingly or happily watch on TV. Maybe this year I’ll catch more of the season.

1 Like

I love hockey! I’m still not entirely sure of the rules but it’s still fun to watch!

I go to a game whenever I can since EIHL games are not usually televised like NHL games are. There’s only one channel (that’s free) which shows games but if there’s a major NHL game on at the same time, I have to follow updates on Twitter since that’s the one that’s shown.

1 Like

Love hockey! Played it for years and still love watching it! Go Bruins :black_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

@tp_b - That is pretty cool though! I do prefer live hockey to watching it on the tv tbh!
@VanillaMoff - thanks for tagging her! I don’t play (never learned how to skate :sweat_smile:) but I’m almost always at S/O’s games when Covid’s not a thing :joy:
@AerieEerie - I recommend it! :stuck_out_tongue:
@carys1 - Honestly, I’ve watched it for years but I still don’t know all the rules :joy: EIHL games are good to watch! I’ve watched them a handful of times! I didn’t know NHL games were broadcast in the UK!
@Sky85 - [name_f]Awesome[/name_f]! LOL I can’t say I’m a Bruins fan, but they are a great team to watch! I particularly love watching McAvoy - he’s a great player!

4 Likes

Names and hockey are the two things that I have a quiet obsession with and are definitely taking away from the things I’m supposed to be doing!
The area I’m from has an NHL team that I follow and where I am for school has an AHL team. I’ve had an article published talking about recent hockey social/political events:)

@lateaugust - That sounds like me :sweat_smile: That’s awesome! I live about an hour or so from Toronto, so I have the Leafs and Marlies - I go to Marlies games pretty often (Toronto’s AHL team), S/O and I went to one for one of our first dates!

Penguins fan here! (let the hate roll in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Sidney [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] is a hero here so I do have a soft spot for the Pens :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am attracted to the name [name_u]Sidney[/name_u]/Sydney mostly because of him lol

2 Likes

Fair enough! S/O only wants to use [name_m]Auston[/name_m] because of [name_m]Auston[/name_m] [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] :joy: and I sold him on [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] because of [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_m]Rielly[/name_m] :wink:

I use hockey players to convince S/O to like my boys names :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I know this is everything BUT names, but there are some good hockey names (so fun to say):
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Marleau, [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Pollack[/name_m], Kasperi Kapanen, [name_u]Shea[/name_u] [name_m]Weber[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m] Draisaitl
Plus the kids: [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] & [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] [name_m]Carlson[/name_m]; [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] Landeskog; [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]; [name_f]Blanche[/name_f] & [name_m]Tage[/name_m] Hagelin; [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], and [name_u]James[/name_u] Fleury

1 Like

Yes!!! Also- S/O wanted to name our kitten after Kasperi Kapanen :joy: JD was very nearly Katsperi Katanen :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

I can’t say I keep up with hockey much now, but when I was younger I was a massive fan of my closest NHL team (not in my city but nearby). When I was little I named two identical action figures I had after [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_m]Henrik[/name_m] Sedin- no idea why I liked them, as I’m not from Vancouver :joy:

1 Like

The Sedin twins were pretty cool to be fair :joy:

1 Like

I grew up in Finland so I’m kind of into it by birthright (only really watch the IIHF World Championships though and used to go to the local team’s matches in my home town sometimes). The Finland-[name_u]Sweden[/name_u] 1995 match and the accompanying Den Glider In song are like 60% of my culture. :smile:

1 Like

My family loves hockey! We’re also Penguins fans!

2 Likes