Let’s talk Elizabeth

I’m starting to really like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] after overlooking this beautiful name for quite some time! I love [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (French variation) and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (Spanish variation) and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] so so much! But I’ve never looked into [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. She’s classy, timeless, and gorgeous! Here’s some nicknames I like for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], what are your thoughts?

[name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Bebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
Lei

I’m not the biggest fan of these nicknames, they’re very cute just not my style…
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Izzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_f]Liz[/name_f]

I think from the nicknames you like [name_f]Libby[/name_f] or [name_f]Bea[/name_f] would be good choices to go with :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is beautiful, regal and classic. I love the simple [name_f]Beth[/name_f], I also really love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but see it more as a stand-alone than a natural nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

1 Like

I agree! [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is very pretty but it’s a stand alone name for me too.

I’m always happy to meet a young [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I think it’s the ultimate girls’ name that never goes out of style.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nn for it is probably [name_f]Libby[/name_f], but I do also like your idea of [name_f]Zella[/name_f]. It’s stretchy but definitely works.

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Libby[/name_f] - such a bubbly and cheerful sound, but grounded too

[name_f]Lilla[/name_f], [name_f]Bebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are cute too

1 Like

I love all of those! Libby and Bea are my favorite.

-This may be too similar to Lizzy, but I love the nickname Lissy, especially if it’s pronounced with the soft s sound.
-Liddy/Lidi or Lydia might also be fun

1 Like

I absolutely love Elizabeth!

She’s regal, elegant, timeless, enduring, strong, has lovely religious connections along with a fabulous meaning ‘pledged to G-d’ and I think would make a refreshing choice. I considered (among many other names) using Elizabeth for my daughter but was vetoed (like I was with many many names) however she is in the middle name slot.

I love Libby that’s the nickname I wanted. I went out for dinner tonight and funnily enough my lovely waitress was named Libby. I think Libby is sweet, summery, cosy and joyous. Very cottagecore. Libby is definitely my favourite Elizabeth nickname.

1 Like

[name_f]Libby[/name_f] is my favorite nickname of your favorites! I also love the sound of [name_f]Zella[/name_f], but it’s on the stretchier side for a nickname.

1 Like

[name_f]Bea[/name_f] is my favorite nickname! I also like [name_f]Liz[/name_f].

1 Like

libby’s my favorite out of what you listed! my other favorite, more eccentric choice is lily <3

bess is my all-time favorite!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s my middle, after my great-grandmother. I’ve heard that she was such a firecracker and loving woman. I really just love the name.

I love Ellabeth as an alternate version!

[name_f]Beth[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are some fave nicknames!

1 Like

I have fallen in love with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as well. :blush: Such a gorgeous, grand name! [name_f]Every[/name_f] time I hear it, I swoon (I’m currently watching Poldark, and one of the main characters is Elizabeth). Right now I prefer [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], because it feels softer and more cottagecore. :blossom::bird:
[name_f]My[/name_f] current favourite nn’s for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are [name_f]Beth[/name_f] (I’m on a vintage kick) and [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] (because of the nn [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] had in Pride and Prejudice 2005 :smile: So ‘Lizzy’ with [name_f]British[/name_f] accent :smile:). But if my name was [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], I’d like my nickname to be [name_f]Lisbet[/name_f], [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is beautiful! I do think [name_f]Liz[/name_f] is very intuitive as a nickname though, so if you want to use another nickname, make it clear from the very beginning. Otherwise most people outside of the Nameberry sphere would call her [name_f]Liz[/name_f].
I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f] would be your best options!

1 Like

I love the beautiful classic [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is my favorite nickname, with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] being my second favorite nickname.

1 Like

elizabeth isn’t a favourite of mine, but recently i have been liking elisabeth ‘elsie’! of your nicknames, i like libby best. she is so zippy and bubbly but grounded too! i love the name bea so much, but can’t really see it as a nickname for elizabeth.

my favourite nicknames for elizabeth are libby, izzy and betty :sunflower:

1 Like

I like other forms other than just classic [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (although she is lovely!), especially [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and Liliana/Lillian. The beauty of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], though, is she molds herself to each generation with new nicknames and appeal! I love your nn options of [name_f]Zella[/name_f] and Lilibet; my favorite nns are [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Izzy[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], and maybe [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] or [name_f]Isby[/name_f]. Realistically I would use [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Ella[/name_f], though.

Good luck!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (and the alternative spelling, Elisabeth)! I like it best as a full name, but if I had to choose my favorite nicknames…

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
Bethie
[name_f]Lissy[/name_f]

1 Like