Let’s talk Virtue Names!

Okay, I know this is very much a marmite type of topic when it comes to names, you either love or hate virtue names which I can totally respect, however, they have a very special place in my heart thanks to my late mother, named Faithe… I always said I would name my first daughter after her and being the person I am, I now feel like any other daughter I have will need to (although would rather enjoy it myself) have a virtue name, too!

I’m saying that, these are the other virtue type names we have came up with and wondered your opinions, maybe even other suggestions!

Our last name is 1 syllable (another touchy subject) but I enjoy the flow of the name with a longer middle name!

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

[name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]

[name_u]Honor[/name_u] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

I quite like virtue names! Honor Vivienne is such a stunning combo (and it probably flows the best with your last name), but I really enjoy Joy Esmeralda and Hope Ophelia too.

You might also like Felicity, Merry, Mercy, Justice, Serenity, True, Verity, Clemency or Amity!

1 Like

Oh, I absolutely adore [name_f]Verity[/name_f]! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Amity[/name_f] are just stunning, too. They sound so elegant :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_u]Honor[/name_u] Vivienne!!

A few other suggestions:

[name_f]Clarity[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_u]Truth[/name_u], [name_u]Wisdom[/name_u], [name_f]Glory[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] are my favorites from your list

[name_f]Faithe[/name_f] & _______:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
Temperence [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_u]Solace[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Irie[/name_u] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphney[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]

1 Like

All of those are just lovely! I love the balance of the shorter first names with the longer, more elaborate middles.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first suggestions were [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but I see they’ve already been suggested. Also seconding [name_u]Truth[/name_u], [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], and [name_u]Merry[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],

so personally the only virtue names I’d use are [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. But I also really like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

From your list I like [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite (and I am certainly biased) is [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (: I think [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Faith[/name_f] are super cute together! Although if you have another name you prefer I don’t think it’s necessary to use two virtue names! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and my sisters are [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (you could also go for biblical names to keep a theme if that appeals to you!)
I also really like [name_f]Joy[/name_f] but honestly I think all of these are really cute

1 Like

i just love hope ophelia & eve anastasia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they feel so charming and regal yet the virtue names are so down-to-earth that all of your combos feel so special and are very well-balanced!
i might be biased though, because my own first name in real life is a virtue name and i am a huge fan of it!

other ideas for you (count any repeats as me being in agreement!)
felicity, blythe, amity, mercy, charity, liberty, haven, promise, valor, sage, prosper, ever

1 Like

I love [name_f]Faithe[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma’s name was [name_f]Hope[/name_f] which I would like to use, but similarly to you, our surname is Mill, which is a bit short and has issues.

I love your thoughts in having a lovely long middle name to balance out your short surname x

1 Like

I like all of these combos but [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is my favourite. You can’t go wrong with whatever you choose but I’ve recently began to really like the name [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies! The suggestions have been incredible, definitely a few names to look into and learn more about. :heart_eyes:

The surname certainly provides issues for us, doesn’t it? But I absolutely reckon the longer middle name gives us the perfect excuse to use shorter names!

1 Like

[name_f]Amity[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] are just amazing! How absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes: