Let's get to know each other!

I’ve realised that even though many other Berries know each other a little bit but I know very little about some of you being relatively new to this site, so I thought it was worth maybe setting up a special post to help me get to know some of you but also vice versa and maybe help other Berries who like me might not know a lot about others.

About me:
[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and I’m 24 going on 25 next month and I’m expecting my first baby with husband [name_m]Simon[/name_m] in [name_u]August[/name_u]! I’m a high school [name_m]French[/name_m] teacher and I have a joint degree in [name_m]French[/name_m] and Italian and I love languages! I have one big sister, [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], and she has two beautiful little girls, [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mitzi[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum is English and my dad was Irish so I’m half English and half Irish.

I like cooking (although I’m not very good at it, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is the cook), I love my job and I’m very sad to be on maternity leave at the moment and I can’t wait to get back to work! I like travelling and my husband and I took a three week honeymoon travelling through [name_f]Italy[/name_f].

I adore vintage pieces and it’s very hard for me to ignore vintage fairs, charity shops or car boot sales. Our house is filled with mismatched plates and cups - what’s the point of having them all the same? I will only drop them - and I don’t think anything but electrical appliances and our sofas is new, it’s all second hand. I prefer something to have a past, to have some character! I do like vintage pieces for clothes but I’m not totally opposed to new clothes.

I also collect thing: I collect handbags (new and old), I’ve been collecting old Latin dictionaries for years I’m not really sure why…they look great on bookshelves though! :slight_smile: I also collect lipsticks, red ones in particular.

So now to you! You can reveal as much or little as you want!

Can’t wait to read some other people’s lives!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and my middle name, [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], honors my dad’s mother, who was 100% [name_m]French[/name_m]-Canadian–which makes me Irish and [name_m]French[/name_m], with bits of Scottish and Welsh. I’m from a big family, 4 girls (I’m the 3rd) and 4 boys (I’m younger than all of them, darn it). [name_f]My[/name_f] older sisters are in the Order of Preachers (started by St. [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] in the 13th century) and my oldest brother is a Dominican friar, as well.

I’m 13 and I’ll be 14 at the end of the summer. I write short stories and poetry and want to write a novel at some point. I love books and I’m rereading [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] L. [name_m]Sayers[/name_m]’ The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club. I like cooking, too! (I’m making dinner tonight, actually–butternut squash and sausages. :)) I’m going to a youth camp tomorrow; it’s called Militia [name_f]Immaculata[/name_f] and it was started by St. [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] Kolbe.

[name_f]Molly[/name_f], my mum really loves thrift stores and knickknacks and she and I and my younger sister, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], are always on the lookout for mismatched dishes, baskets, and odds and ends. (The key phrase is “not too matchy”.) We have a strange history with 2nd- (or 3rd- or 4th-) hand toasters, and practically everything in our house was found on Craigslist or a thrift store.

So that’s about it! Thank you for starting this thread, [name_f]Molly[/name_f]!

I’m so glad you’ve started this. I’ve been here for a few years but I’ve never really gotten to know anyone! I’m formerly @thejollyfinch initially and then @hypatia_anne after my name change. I’d forgotten I had this username and so I’m a bit all over the place but this is it. I am and will now forever be @finch.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m [name_f]Hypatia[/name_f]. I recently turned 25. I’m from Central Kentucky. I’m not currently expecting and have had a loss in the past.

I’m a stockgrower. That means I breed, grow, and sell cattle. It’s a family business. I do it, as does my father, and his father before him. I mostly do the paperwork but I sell occasionally as well. I’ve been taking wedding and engagement photos on the side. It’s not a very lucrative hobby. But it’s one of my passions.

I’m thinking about returning to school, with no clear goal in mind. Possibly to become an RN and see if that leads anywhere. I am very interested in the medical field. I find the human body fascinating.

I spend most of my time with my niece, K. She’s nearly two and a half years old. I love that little girl more than life itself and would do anything for her. She spends roughly 4-5 days a week with me. I just call it shared custody. If you ever wonder about my odd hours that would be the explanation. I also have an album of her pictures that is public if you would like to gaze upon Miss K in all of her loveliness.

I am the eldest of two. I have a younger brother named [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. We’re not close. He’s K’s father.

I’m a minimalist but I love beautiful things. If it’s vintage, has a story, or is visually appealing I can find a place for it. As much as I love to cook, bake, grill, etc. I’m awful at it. I can undercook or burn just about anything.

Regarding personality types I’m an ISFP. I don’t see many of those floating around here.

Music makes me happy! I like Dia Frampton, Mindy Gledhill, Ingrid Michaelson, Alela Diane and a few others along that line.

Words are my thing. I love to write but I lack imagination at times. I have very vivid dreams which you’d think would help but it doesn’t. I’ve carved a house out of the writers block.

I also have trouble talking about myself.

I like the way you said that, [name_f]Hypatia[/name_f]! “I’ve carved a house out of the writers block.” :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! (I feel like I might have done this “about me” thing before, but here it is again!)

I am 29 and have one beautiful 4 month old baby boy, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]. I have endometriosis and it took us a few years and a surgery to get pregnant. We are anxiously awaiting our next pregnancy! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have been married almost 10 years.

I am a speech-language pathologist and work primarily with early childhood (ages 3-5.) I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] my job and am also one who misses going to work when I’m off. I have recently started a private practice and am seeing some therapy clients during the summer, a venture I’m pretty excited about.

I am an extreme introvert, unless it comes to something I’m tremendously passionate about, (in which case I can talk your ear off!) I enjoy knitting, crochet, and many other crafty endeavors. I strive to find joy in the small, everyday things. Not much makes me happier than sitting on my back porch with my family, sipping coffee and watching birds. I love God and strive to let others see his love through my life.

Nameberry has been a fun place for me to gather information and ideas. I really enjoy hearing from you all, and it is a pleasure to meet you!

Hello, everyone! I feel like I’ve been around forever, but there’s a lot of people here I don’t really know, so I’ll share. :slight_smile:

I’m Ashley. I’ve officially entered the latter half of my twenties (which, honestly, depresses me!), and I live in the northeastern quadrant of the United States. I graduated about 3 years ago with a degree in Professional Writing, but I’m not sure I want to pursue it. I’ve been searching for proofreader/editorial jobs for the past couple years, but what I really want to do is be a Christian novelist, travel the world encouraging people in simple and (okay, they’re honestly very awkward, haha!) strange ways. I also want to be an adoptive mom and a wife just as bad. For now, I work at a bakery-cafe called Panera Bread (I’m sure quite a few Americans might have heard of it?). It’s a pretty popular food chain around here.

I’m a total girl–I wear sundresses on my days off of work, and I love nauseatingly girly colors like pink and purple (especially purple, haha).

I’m the oldest of four kids (there’s also Johnny, Becca, and Tallie). No nieces or nephews yet, but I adore my cousins’ kids to pieces (especially the itty-bitty ones!).

I have been diagnosed with both moderate depression and OCD. I don’t want to go too far into all of that, because I don’t want to give them opportunity to rule my life or to have some sort of feeling of accomplishment over me (okay, I hate them, I hate that I’ve ever had to experience them, and I still can’t for the life of me understand why when I was SUCH a happy little kid with such huge dreams for changing the world, when my life was completely sidelined for over half a decade by these two ugly diseases), but there they are. I want to be able to accept them, at least, because I feel like because I’ve known that pain, I can better relate to others who feel that way, and give them hope and love, but argh, I hate them. No one should ever have to feel that self-loathing, that anger, that emptiness, that despair. And let’s move on from that, shall we?

Besides writing (which I’m on a hiatus from right now. I hope to get back to it sometime this year. Originally my depression kept from it, but lately I’ve been thinking I could get back into it–but my current job is stressful enough that I just can’t get creative. I’m hoping to have a new job by year’s end, and maybe I can write then. :)), I love to play the piano (think Mozart, Bach, Handel, etc.! I love the classics), do oil painting (although I’m such a perfectionist at it, thanks to my OCD, that I rarely do it), read, and I’m currently trying to teach myself French (Molly, I might totally call on you! I found a free French app that was really quite good, but it’s only given me a strong base, and I’m nowhere near fluent. And I’m not sure where to go from here. I sort of intuitively know how the language works, but I’m pretty much rubbish at understanding French grammar!).

I also really, really want to travel. I’ve been to both Brazil and Honduras (and with the World Cup, I am just itching to go back to Brazil! I utterly loved it there. I’ve been broody for Brazil for like, half a month now!), as well as to Canada several times (and all around the US), but I am just itching to see Europe, especially, but I would not be opposed to seeing the rest of the world. I especially want to go to Prague (I couldn’t even tell you why–I just read a novel set in Prague, and it seemed like such a beautiful, historic city, and all the touristy places I hear about there seem so fantastic!) and Paris (France in general, really, but especially Paris, as it’s where my best friend lived her whole life, essentially, before she passed away, and it’s on my bucket list to pay my respects at her grave before I die). I’m crossing my fingers that if and when I get married, my husband will have the good sense to not take me anywhere but to somewhere in Europe, haha!

Ah, also, I sponsor a little girl in Peru named Is@bel. She is my world. I’ve unofficially adopted her. :slight_smile: She turned six last month, loves baby dolls, bicycling, movies, the color pink, and volleyball, and I swear, her best friend changes on a monthly basis. She’s adorable, haha. She draws me pictures of the beach and houses and flowers, and I can tell, she’s something really special, and I can’t wait to save up enough money to go meet her in person. (I am already starting to stockpile gifts I want to take her, haha!)

Erm, I think that’s mostly it. Sorry for making this a novel in and of itself. :slight_smile:

So nice to read about so many familiar faces!

I have two daughters, aged 5 and 1. [name_f]My[/name_f] younger daughter was somewhat of a surprise to us, but a very welcome surprise all the same. I’m of below average height, green eyes and short brown hair. I recently got my previously waist length hair cut into a graduated bob - probably the bravest decision I’ve ever made - and I’m loving it!

I’m currently on a career break, and will be returning to work in [name_u]January[/name_u] 2015. Having the chance to take a few years to spend at home is something I’ll ever be grateful for. I love being at home with my children, but I’m excited to go back to work. Our family feels complete at the moment and we have no plans to have any more children in the future. We have a gorgeous Westie named [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], and we’re hoping to adopt another doggie into our family soon.

I love gardening, and we even have a little allotment in our garden for growing vegetables, but I must confess I’m terrible at it! I enjoy it even so, despite the fact that my cabbages are of an abysmal quality. Cooking is my real calling, providing a healthy balanced diet for my children is one of the most important things to me as a mother and I could happily spend hours in the kitchen every day. [name_f]My[/name_f] mothers motto was that nothing in life couldn’t be solved by a hearty dinner and a cup of tea and I believe the same. To me, home = comforts = food. Besides that, I enjoy going to zumba with with [name_m]SiL[/name_m], and going for long walks with my iPod when I have the chance.

I’m a very neat person, I’m one of those abnormal people who actually enjoys cleaning. [name_f]My[/name_f] DH jokes that I develop a little twitch if something is out of place, but I don’t think I’m so bad. I take great pride in my appearance when out of the house, and my children’s too, but it wouldn’t be uncommon to find me in leggings and a t-shirt and the kids in their pyjamas if we don’t need to go out all day! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colour is blue.

I just wanted to take a moment to say I love this thread. It’s so nice to meet each of you even if it’s just a bit of text. Your all’s personalities really shine through. :slight_smile:

What a great idea! :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Haley[/name_u], and I am turning 19 this [name_f]October[/name_f]. I am the eldest of two girls, my younger sister [name_f]Mikayla[/name_f] is 15. I’m not currently in school, due to dropping out of college for a little bit to rethink my career choices. I’ve decided that I would like to go to teacher"s college, but I’m starting off with my [name_u]Early[/name_u] Childhood Educator course in Sept 2015, then after that I can save up for university and become a teacher. I would love to teach like, kindergarten-grade 2, personally. I love being around children and getting to be creative and artistic, and use that to plan lessons and activities.

I tend to have a gravitational pull to anything vintage - I share a room with my sister, and we have incredibly different tastes, so painting our wood panelling walls is out of the question, so each of us have our halves decorated to our liking.

Mine is (still) covered in One Direction posters and other British bands most people havent heard of, as well as lots of pink, and about 7 vintage style boxes holding my various things :stuck_out_tongue:

If I’m honest, I feel childish keeping the posters up, but they sort of remind me that, really, as cheesy and cliche as it sounds, I owe a lot to One Direction. I think I was about 15 or so when they started on X [name_m]Factor[/name_m] (been a fan since X [name_m]Factor[/name_m]), and when What Makes You Beautiful came out, it was at a time when my self confidence level was at about -1000000 and really, I had no friends. Thanks to them (that song and [name_m]Little[/name_m] Things in particular), I gained a small amount of confidence in myself, and made my best friend/pen pal. I know I wouldnt be me without them, so, although I probably should be ashamed, I’m not. I was bullied for having different interests in elementary and high school, doesn’t really bother me at all now :wink:

Anyways, that was likely too much info, oops.

I’m mesmerised by silent films, the glamour and dramatics were phenomenal back then. [name_f]My[/name_f] family thinks I’m absolutely insane for liking them, but oh well :stuck_out_tongue: I also tend to enjoy a spot of reality tv, [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] movies, [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u], and almost anything from the Victorian era (Seriously, I fangirled over a baby stroller that had been done by [name_u]Silver[/name_u] [name_m]Cross[/name_m] for [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]" 150th anniversary that my best friend showed me, it was a sad moment).

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite bands are probably Room 94, Kingsland Road, 5 Seconds of [name_f]Summer[/name_f], One Direction, Collabro, [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] and The Vamps. [name_f]My[/name_f] music taste varies from like, pop sounding boybands, to indie acoustic bands, to more punk bands. It’s really odd.

I don’t know if it’s childish or not, but I think its safe to say I have a massive celebrity crush on three singers from [name_f]England[/name_f] right now; [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Tomlinson[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] Tanton (of Room 94) and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Lambert[/name_m] (of Collabro).

Sorry for carrying on, I currently can’t sleep because it’s too hot in my bedroom, so my teenage girl mind is in ramble mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and @pinkballerina - I adore your daughters’ names!

I’m really enjoying reading this thread!
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u], I love pink and purple too, and someday I’d like to be a (Catholic) [name_m]Christian[/name_m] novelist/writer as well. ([name_f]Rumer[/name_f] Godden, by the way, is a good novelist and her In This House of Brede is one of my favorite books.) And pinkballerina, you remind me of my mum :)–she loves gardening and cooking!
[name_u]Haley[/name_u], I love, love, love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] and stuff like that, also black and white movies–[name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] is a funny silent movies actor, maybe you’ve heard of him?
Sorry I keep posting, this thread is just so much fun!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,
I’m [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] but I prefer Ebs. I’m 15 and live in Australia. I’m from a farming family and attend an all girls catholic high school as a boarder. I have one brother ([name_m]Isaac[/name_m] aged 10) and one sister ([name_f]Adele[/name_f] aged 12).

[name_f]Music[/name_f] is my life even though I’m tone deaf I spend my week waiting for Friday, [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] and [name_f]Monday[/name_f] for the Billboard, [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and UK official charts to update. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite artists are [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] Goulding, The vamps, 5 Seconds of [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_f]Rita[/name_f] [name_f]Ora[/name_f], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m], 360 (Australian rapper) and MKTO (who I have loved since 2012). [name_f]My[/name_f] current favourite songs are [name_m]Price[/name_m] of Fame by360 and [name_f]Fancy[/name_f] by [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] incidentally both Australian rap songs. [name_f]My[/name_f] music taste varies but I love Pop and Rap and both together. I would hate problem with out the rap verse.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite TV show is Glee I’ve seen every episode and my favourite character is [name_f]Santana[/name_f] and my favourite couple was [name_m]Jake[/name_m] and [name_u]Marley[/name_u]. I don’t normally watch movies but I loved the Fault in Our Stars although I preferred the book.

The only sport I play is netball but I’m not too good at it my sister is a gymnast and my brother plays Australian rules football.

Lastly I’ve only been out of the country three times to [name_f]Bali[/name_f], Indonesia (Australia’s version of Mexico it’s a three hour flight from my capital city), [name_f]Malaysia[/name_f] (I travelled around a lot but I was there for 16 days) and Singapore but I was only there for a day since we were in Johor which was a 1.5 hour drive from Singapore so we went to universal studios.

Thats me it’s nice to “meet” all of you I apologise if it was rambly

Im so glad that so many people are enjoying this thread and it’s great to get to know some of you a little more! There are so many writers or aspiring writers on NB so I would like to apologise to you all now for my terrible grammar and spelling mistakes, English still hasn’t fully clicked in my mind and I often end up mixing up grammar from other languages even though English is my first languages.

@lawsonhaley: there is nothing wrong with loving 1D! They are ah-mazing! I have a 1D pencil case and I always get funny looks from my students…I’m also currently wearing a 1D t-shirt! :slight_smile:

@pinkballerina: we have a westie too! His name is [name_m]Mikey[/name_m] and we also have a cat called Schrodinger (I always feel awfully smart for naming him that).

@ashthedreamer: [name_u]Paris[/name_u] is so beautiful and there is a lot more to it than people think! The museums and all that jazz is great but I think the best thing to do in a city like that is to take a day to just wonder around, there is so much beauty in the city that goes unseen because people are more concerned with seeing the Eiffel [name_m]Tower[/name_m].

I can’t wait to learn more about people! :slight_smile:

This thread is a great idea.

Hello, my name is [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]. I’m 21 and will turn 22 in EXACTLY THREE DAYS FROM NOW. I’m freaking out. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know that feeling when you get older and you feel like you accomplish little to nothing? That’s what I’m feeling right now, so sorry for my craziness. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I just graduated with a BA Comms earlier this year. I got magna cum laude, which means another √ on my bucket list, but now I’m still struggling to find a job that matches my passion. I’m also considering to go back to school for a master degree (possibly for anything related to psychology, communication, sociology, human rights issue or gender issue. I still think about this childhood dream of mine to work with a humanitarian project). But this plan kinda needs to wait because a) I need to either get a scholarship or earn enough money first. b) I always want to study abroad but I’m still not sure where/how. c) I’m so not ready to face another thesis anytime soon. le sigh For now I’m just staying at home.

I’m the youngest of two. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother is four years older than me (best big bro ever! :)). I also have this LDR boyfriend whom I love dearly, but I’m still not sure about our future. In case we actually end up together someday, I have to move halfway across the planet to be with him and I still haven’t told my parents about this plan, because let’s face it, it’ll probably be the biggest fight I ever have in my life.

I’m an ambivert, INFJ, melancholy-choleric, and enneagram type 4 & 7 (yes, I love taking personality tests). I love to read, sing, draw, design, watch movie and be lazy. Er… what else… I have on and off depression and, though never actually diagnosed, am sure enough I have OCPD and two stupid phobias. le sigh I also love traveling. I am so sad I had to cancel my gap year plan (due to a family problem) and it cost me two months of extreme depression in [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_f]April[/name_f] this year. I hope I get to see the world someday. I really, really want to travel around the world… it’s on the top of my bucket list, along with flying with a hot air balloon, see the northern lights, get married and have kids. :stuck_out_tongue:

After C@29’s post I was inspired to go and try a personality test and this is what it came back with:
Your personality type: INFJ (Turbulent variant).
Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Introverted (11%), [name_f]Energy[/name_f] - Intuitive (7%), Nature - Feeling (18%), Tactics - Judging (39%), Identity - Turbulent (50%).

I’m not quite sure what that means to be perfectly honest…here is a little more:
The INFJ type is believed to be very rare (less than 1 percent of the population) and has an unusual set of traits. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though their presence can be described as very quiet, INFJ personalities usually have many strong opinions, especially when it comes to issues they consider really important in life. If an INFJ is fighting for something, this is because they believe in the idea itself, not because of some selfish reasons.

So C@29 and me have the same results!

This is a good idea. :slight_smile:
I’m Raevyn. I overuse smilies/emoticons, I’m an aspie (don’t judge!), and I love reading! I used to always start ‘charities’ about sending books to needy children, but they never worked–probably because I was only in fourth grade, tbh. I can’t stand the word despise or the acronym IMHO (sorry to any of you who use those terms). I’ll be going to eighth grade in the fall. I’m American, and one more thing:
I’m a proud Baptist. I was saved at nine years old, and now I’m helping out with the first-and-second-graders at VBS (vacation Bible school), which occurs every summer. Sorry for the long, rambling paragraph…:slight_smile:

[name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: I forgot to add that I have one younger sister. :slight_smile:

Hooray for more 1D fans who are over 18! :smiley: I usually take my sister to see them, I have the past two years when theyre here, but we couldnt this year :frowning:

I have two 1D tops (1 tour top from 2013, and one of 1Ds first tops ever with XF pics on it) and a hoodie, I swear I live in my 1D hoodie when [name_f]October[/name_f] rolls around, I got some funny looks at college when I wore it, but I didnt really care too much :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] reading and getting to know you all, here’s my story.

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], I’m 22 years old and I live in Central [name_f]England[/name_f]. I’ve just graduated from university with a masters degree in Biochemistry and Genetics and I’m currently trying to find a job as a laboratory technician. I hope to be able to do my own medical research someday, possibly in Alzheimer’s/dementia research.

I have two older siblings ([name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], 36 and [name_u]James[/name_u], 32) from my father’s previous marriage and I have a nephew ([name_u]James[/name_u]’ son) called [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]; he is nearly 5 years old and cute as a button! I only see my sister on holidays and I have no contact with [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] (long, personal story), so I’ve grown up pretty much as an only child.

I still live with my parents currently, but I cannot wait until I have the money to move out and gain some independence. I love my parents, but they drive me insane!

I have two cats - [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - both elderly with various medical problems. I love them to pieces and dread the day when they inevitably leave us. In the past, I’ve had a myriad of pets including a dog called [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]; two bunnies called [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Dora[/name_f]; a hamster called [name_u]Robbie[/name_u] and a tarantula called [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. I’d love to own a bearded dragon or a snake, but my parents said no :frowning: As you can see, I love animals; my favourite wild animals are wolves and leopards.

I am an introvert who prefers to be at home watching TV or reading than out partying with friends. Due to bad experiences, it takes time for me to open up and trust people, so I do not have a lot of friends. However, once I get to know people, I am quite friendly, a good listener and very loyal. I do not like confrontation but will stand up for what I believe in.

I love TV (probably more than is healthy!), and I get very invested in my shows. I watch mostly crime dramas; my current favourites are Castle, NCIS LA and Rookie [name_u]Blue[/name_u]. I also love science, medical and nature documentaries as well as the occasional comedy and reality show (my guilty pleasure show is Glee!). I love to read and write fan-fiction, though I haven’t had much time to write these past few years due to university.

I love music too. I listen to a wide range of music, but my favourite artist at the moment is Alexz [name_m]Johnson[/name_m], a highly underrated Canadian singer and actress (check her out, she’s seriously amazing!).

I would love to travel; I’d especially like to visit the US, [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and Australia. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents have no interest in overseas travel so I have been to pretty much every holiday destination within the UK, but just once I’d like to go somewhere really warm where I can sunbathe on the beach and swim in the sea without getting frostbite!

And I think that’s about it, sorry for the long, rambling story!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’m really happy this topic was created. I’m a big lurker here in the forums, and just recently started to participate more. It’s really nice to know a little more of you guys!

I’m [name_f]Ana[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (latin double-name), I’m 21 and live in the capital of [name_u]Brazil[/name_u]. I’m a law student and will graduate in the end of the year if everything goes as planned. I’m currently studying to get my [name_m]Law[/name_m] License (it’s a test we have here in order to be an attourney) and struggling with my term piece at college, a dissertation about the recent changes in our law regarding money laundering. I’m very anxious about those, and nameberry is a way I found to relax.

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. He’s a publicist and graduated in the beginning of the year. We have lots of plans and hope to have 2 kids in the future, one girl named [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (definitive choice) and a boy named either [name_m]Tom[/name_m]ás or [name_m]Francisco[/name_m] (we’re still fighting over this lol). We also plan to have a yorkshire and visit [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] together.

I’m a language enthusiast. I got my Cambridge english certificate two years ago, and one of the reasons that led me to join the forums is improving my english. I also study german, although I’m nearly as fluent as in English. I’ll get my german certificate in [name_u]November[/name_u]. I plan to learn [name_m]French[/name_m] afterwards.

I have a younger brother named [name_m]Henrique[/name_m], who is 12. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents are doctors, my father being an orthopedist and my mother, a neuropediatrician. I’ve never wanted to be a doctor, though. I’m not sure of what I want to do after I graduate, but I’m leaning towards being an administrative law expert.

I’m a bit shy and my biggest flaw is that I judge people a lot - I’m trying to improve that as it’s not good for me and not fair to the people I’m surrounded by. I’m very very critic and perfectionist. I’m very ironic and sometimes sarcastic. Despite that, my friends say that I have a nice sense of humor, and I like to believe that :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really proud of being brazilian, and I love and value my country, although I’m aware of the problems we face. I’m a bit into politics. I have a great respect for our culture, and love our typical music and traditions.

I’m not into sports, although I’ve swimmed from 6 to 16 years old. I love watching football, and I’m a volunteer in the airport now in the World Cup. Despite the problems, I think the event is doing great.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite type of music is MPB (brazilian popular music), indie and trip hop (huuge Björk fan!) and alternative rock. I also like rap, both brazilian and international. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite artists are [name_m]Geraldo[/name_m] Azevedo, Zé Ramalho, Facção Central, Björk, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Apple[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f] Spektor, Kings of [name_m]Leon[/name_m], Garbage, Danzig, 2pac, Alt-J, [name_m]Angus[/name_m] & [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_m]Stone[/name_m], SBTRKT and some others I can’t remember now. BONUS: another 1D fan here, though they’re more of a guilty pleasure of mine. The same goes for [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] - I find her very amusing.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s family is from the former Czechoslovakia, my great-grandfather fled WWII in late 30’s. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s family is jewish and my father’s is catholic, though we are not very religious overall. [name_f]My[/name_f] father’s family is of native american, portuguese and spanish descent. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s is czech, italian and portuguese. We are very mixed, as is everyone else in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u].

I’m sorry if this came out a bit long - I tend to ramble a lot in all of my posts. I ask you all to politely correct me if I made any spelling/grammar mistakes!

And @[name_u]Ash[/name_u], where have you been here in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u]? :smiley:

After reading some people’s replies I realised that I left out some more “basic” things about me so here are a few extras:
[name_f]Music[/name_f]: I love 1D, [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Swift, [name_u]Robbie[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m], [name_m]Foster[/name_m] the People (their song Pumped up Kicks is amazing!), [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_m]Jenkins[/name_m], [name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]. As you can probably tell from that my music taste varies, I love a little of everything except rap which just isn’t my cup of tea (not that I really like tea much anyway…)

TV Shows: Revenge, [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who (the [name_m]Smith[/name_m] years are my favourites), British soap operas (Hollyoaks, Coronation [name_m]Street[/name_m] and Eastenders), Bad Education and Backchat (anything with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Whitehall in is brilliant and I will watch it)

Guilty Pleasures: musicals, reality TV

Things I love: the smell of coffee (not really the taste), really warm, slouchy jumpers, my dog and cat, baking (although I’m not terribly good at it), food shopping and cleaning (yes, I’m very sad), I also [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and I’m already planning for it now and I’ve already bought some presents for people…jeez, I really need a life…

Things I don’t like: driving, milk, eggs, spring, summer, autumn (because of the hay fever)

I agree with everyone else !! This is a great thread .

Well , my name is Vassiliki ( I hate my name) , iam 17 and i live in Athens , Greece . I have two younger brothers name Christos & Giorgos that irritated me pretty much all day .

Iam a short person with dyed brown hair with blonde in the end and a mix of grey , blue and green eyes . Lately i want to dye my hair purple but my mom thinks its too crazy . She is a hair stylist so i guess she knows better .

This year i finish high school . I will start hopefully university next year . I want to be a kindergarden teacher . My exams result will come out in Monday so good luck on me .

I call myself a weird person . Iam crazy and quiet all at once . Although i love my friends i call myself a loner . I just prefer yo be on my room all day and just watch movies , listen music and eat . My friends think that all my life is surrounded by food . Well what can i say ? I love food to death lol . But i have absolotely no talent on cooking so hopefully will marry a man that knows how to cook . Otherwise we will end up living with delivery food .

I will start piano lessons next year . Is one of my biggest wishes . Also i want to travel all the world but i dont thats possible for me .

This is embarrasmet but i want to confess that i turn music on all day and i start to jump (pretend dancing) and pretend be a differwnt person witha weird life .

Mm what else . My favorite color is green . Iam a overreacting person with a prolem with confidence that thinks she will never be good enough with anyone .

I have only being with one person beforw and currently iam single . One of my biggest fears is that i will die alone and that i will not have do anything i want to succed in my life .

I pretty much listen to any music nowdays adn cutrently iam obsessed with Chandelier by Sia .

The past few months i save money to buy myself a new phone with no luck yet .
Iam a person that will yhink first for the other and then for herself . Iam a person that when she says something bad to someone will have guilty thoughts on her mind after and she will searching a way to apologise even if its not her fault .

Thats pretty much me . Sorry if its propably all over the place and for the terrible english i use .

Ahh and currently iam obsessed (easy to say) with wolves . I have cover all my room with posters with wolfs . My parents think i have lost my mind .