Let's go about this another way - name this girl:)

We are still cracking away working on a girl name for our second child. I thought we could try something different - my first daughter is told 50% of the time that she looks exactly like me and 50% she looks exactly like her father, so I think its a safe bet that if we have another girl she will look quite similar to the first. So I thought I would show you a picture and tell you a little about her and you tell me what a good name for her (or her, part 2!) might be! If you insist, I will tell you what this daughter’s name is and some of you might already know from seeing my other posts. But I thought it might help to have a clean slate and not know her name.

So here she is:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/kellihope/[name]Isla[/name]%20[name]Hope[/name]/lorelei-1.jpg

and again:

So she’s 12mo old right now, an extremely social and outgoing child, very good tempered, almost always happy and giggling. She loves to get dirty and play with her puppies and the other animals on our farm here in [name]Vermont[/name]. She loves to go to the barn and see the BAA BAAS and the piggies and chase chickens down the alleyway. She also loves music and dancing and is a real character!! She’s been walking since 8 1/2 months and has a 20 or so word vocabulary so we expect she’ll be a smart cookie her whole life.

Oh, and since she looks a lot like me and I am a farm girl & puppy lover myself, its possible that she’ll look a lot like this when she grows up:

So, what would you name her if it were up to you???

thanks! I hope this will be fun:)

GIRLY:
[name]Jenna[/name]
[name]Alaina[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]

CLASSIC:
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] - for [name]Sadie[/name]!
[name]Margaret[/name] - for [name]Maisie[/name]!
[name]Clara[/name]

UNISEX:
[name]Tegan[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]

I could see any of these on your gorgeous little girl, or her baby sister! I already know what your daughter’s name is, so I would personally pick [name]Jenna[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Tegan[/name], or [name]Brynn[/name], myself.

Good luck!

ha! We just started talking about [name]Harper[/name] yesterday! We both like it. . .but do you think it ages very well? I can picture a little girl [name]Harper[/name] and a spunky teenage [name]Harper[/name], but not really an adult woman with husband minivan and 3 kids [name]Harper[/name]. . .

I could see [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], or [name]Clio[/name].

UGH I friken [name]LOVe[/name] [name]Clio[/name] (though prefer [name]Cleo[/name]!!) too bad dh says it sounds like a “stripper” name! LOL the man must have known a lot of strippers b/c that’s his favorite comeback for any name he doesn’t like, including [name]Chloe[/name] - would you ever in a million years think [name]Chloe[/name] sounded like a stripper name?? Leave it to my husband eye rolling
Seriously though I so wish I could convince him of [name]Cleo[/name] I think it would go awesome with my first daughter’s name

[quote=“kellihope”]

ha! We just started talking about [name]Harper[/name] yesterday! We both like it. . .but do you think it ages very well? I can picture a little girl [name]Harper[/name] and a spunky teenage [name]Harper[/name], but not really an adult woman with husband minivan and 3 kids [name]Harper[/name]. . .[/quote]

Well, [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name] did it! Granted, her given name was [name]Nelle[/name] [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name], but she went by [name]Harper[/name] all her life. Right now, it may seem difficult, but [name]Harper[/name] is no more difficult for me to picture on a grown woman than [name]Regan[/name], [name]Peyton[/name], or [name]Sawyer[/name]. I can do it if I try, though, and I think it is definitely a name she can grow into! Cute!

Too funny!!! What about [name]Neve[/name], [name]Eden[/name], or [name]Willa[/name]. Or if you like the “o” ending in [name]Cleo[/name], maybe, [name]Margo[/name] or [name]Willow[/name].

UGH I friken [name]LOVe[/name] [name]Clio[/name] (though prefer [name]Cleo[/name]!!) too bad dh says it sounds like a “stripper” name! LOL the man must have known a lot of strippers b/c that’s his favorite comeback for any name he doesn’t like, including [name]Chloe[/name] - would you ever in a million years think [name]Chloe[/name] sounded like a stripper name?? Leave it to my husband eye rolling
Seriously though I so wish I could convince him of [name]Cleo[/name] I think it would go awesome with my first daughter’s name[/quote]

I love [name]Cleo[/name], especially with your first daughter’s name (she is so cute by the way!). I don’t really see a really girly name on her, or sisters.

What about…
[name]Clea[/name] (maybe less “stripper” than [name]Cleo[/name]?)
[name]Fiona[/name] (I still really, really, really love this one for you!)
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]

Seriously though I so wish I could convince him of [name]Cleo[/name] I think it would go awesome with my first daughter’s name[/quote]

I love [name]Cleo[/name], especially with your first daughter’s name (she is so cute by the way!). I don’t really see a really girly name on her, or sisters.

What about…
[name]Clea[/name] (maybe less “stripper” than [name]Cleo[/name]?)
[name]Fiona[/name] (I still really, really, really love this one for you!)
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Greer[/name][/quote]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Rory[/name]!

We like [name]Willa[/name], but with dd’s name it is too similar.
I also like [name]Margo[/name] and it works well b/c dh’s grandmother is [name]Marguerite[/name] so it could be short for that, but dh doesn’t like [name]Margo[/name].
[name]Willow[/name] is cute, but too. . .woodsy for my liking. People think we are hippies already, living on a farm in [name]Vermont[/name], so we don’t need to encourage that with naturey names.

Funny, She isn’t very girly but I have a hard time falling for boy-ish names, or rather, unisex names. [name]Harper[/name] is the first one I’ve really been interested in. . .but I’m willing to go down other avenues I guess!

What about…
[name]Clea[/name] - this doesn’t sound as complete as [name]Cleo[/name] for some reason, feels like it needs a full name to back it up.
[name]Fiona[/name] - We really got over [name]Fiona[/name], dh never warmed to it and I really fell out of love with it. And my mother who really doesn’t get a vote but likes to talk like she does, has told me not to name her [name]Fiona[/name] b/c it’s an ogar name and the next kid will already have a lot to live up to being little sister to the wonder-child my firrst born is and naming her after an ogar will be mean.

[name]Molly[/name] - molly is cute, but just cute. . I can’t see a serious adult woman named [name]Molly[/name]. I know - [name]Molly[/name] Sims. . but I’m just not sold!

[name]Hannah[/name] - we both like hannah, just too popular for us.

[name]Julie[/name] - we also love this name, julia, juliet, etc. but my sister who died as a baby was named [name]Julie[/name] and I ran it by my mom thinking she might like us to honor her by naming our child [name]Julie[/name] but she said it would just make her sad. So that’s out.

[name]Georgia[/name] - too. . .[name]George[/name] for me.

[name]Cara[/name] - We actually do like this. . .And LOL there is an antique ring my grandmother has that says either [name]Carrie[/name] or just as a C on it and it belonged to a family member named [name]Carrie[/name] or [name]Cara[/name] or something and she always said she’d give it to the first grandchild named that. . .so there’s a plus:) I guess I just felt like [name]Cara[/name] was too plain next to dd’s name. . .do you not think so?

[name]Lucy[/name] - see molly
[name]Anna[/name] - too plain
[name]Finley[/name] - too cutesy
[name]Rory[/name] - i like lorelie but one of our dog’s is named that:) We do like it a lot though, maybe a mn?
[name]Greer[/name]- too masculine.

Hmm shame about [name]Fiona[/name]. And [name]Julie[/name] too, I think that would have been lovely, especially as a way to honour your sister, but if it would make your mother sad, then it’s obviously out.

[name]Cara[/name], I don’t think it’s too plain, I think it’s sweet and simple. But how about [name]Ciara[/name]/[name]Kiera[/name]?

Here’s some more you may like, or not.
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] (simple, but strong, I feel like this would suit her a lot)
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Neve[/name] or [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Rhian[/name] (ree-ann)
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Tess/name

Awe, she’s adorable! She looks like a lot of fun!:slight_smile: I remember her name, so I’ll only list the ones I can see with it:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name])
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Wynn[/name] (I think you like [name]Bryn[/name], or that may be someone else…[name]Wynn[/name] reminds me of [name]Bryn[/name]) :slight_smile:
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

how about [name]Ciara[/name]/[name]Kiera[/name]? no. . .

Here’s some more you may like, or not.
[name]Alice[/name] - no, reminds me of a waitress

[name]Bronwen[/name] - I’ve tried getting into this name but can’t. . I think its the -wen that does it to me

[name]Carys[/name] - [name]How[/name] do you pronounce this? MY book says KAH-ris. … is it like [name]Cary[/name]'s? I do like this and think the style goes well with [name]Isla[/name] and nn could be [name]Cara[/name] or [name]Carrie[/name]. . .but I’m troubled by not immediately knowing how to pronounce it.

[name]Freya[/name]- like this, dh vetoed

[name]Kate[/name] (simple, but strong, I feel like this would suit her a lot) - too popular/common for my taste

[name]Hazel[/name] - we considered [name]Hazel[/name] for a while but couldn’t fall in love with it.
[name]Neve[/name] or [name]Niamh[/name] - nah
[name]Rhian[/name] (ree-ann) - nah
[name]Ruby[/name] - I love [name]Ruby[/name] and think it would go great with dd’s name, but dh says no.
[name]Sadie[/name]- sounds like a dog’s name to me.
[name]Tess/name- very cute, but I feel like it needs a full name to back it up and I don’t like any of the names it is short for.

I’m horribly picky, thanks for the suggestions though!

[name]Cora[/name] - love it, but it’s a cousin’s name so can’t use it :frowning:
[name]Charlotte[/name]- our last name starts with SH so a ch fn sounds goofy - too bad though.
[name]Clara[/name]- reminds us of a cow name, and living on a farm. . .
[name]Daisy[/name]- too girly, I can’t see a serious adult named this
[name]Daphne[/name]- I’ve tried to like this one, but my sister had this white poodle named daphne and she used to dye it pink. . . can’t do it!
[name]Emmeline[/name] - my sister is [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]- apparently there was an abusive family member on dh’s side named this, bummer
[name]Genevieve[/name]- no. . too long. We have a REALLY long last name.
[name]Hazel[/name] - see above post
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name]) - liked this for a while but it’s a duggar name, lol and that turned me off. DH brought up [name]Josie[/name] today again and someone said “[name]Josie[/name] Grossie” lol so that ones shot now too.
[name]Julia[/name]- no, see avove post
[name]Laurel[/name]- nms
[name]Maeve[/name]- can’t get into this one
[name]Miranda[/name]- liked this for a while with nn [name]Andi[/name]. . .might leave it on the list but I’m not sure it goes with dd’s name very well.
[name]Phoebe[/name]- no, reminds me of Friends
[name]Ruby[/name]- see above
[name]Rose[/name]- cute. . but not it.
[name]Tess[/name]- see above
[name]Wynn[/name] (I think you like [name]Bryn[/name], or that may be someone else…[name]Wynn[/name] reminds me of [name]Bryn[/name]) :slight_smile: Yep, that’s us that like [name]Brynn[/name]. . .[name]Wynn[/name] is cute too, [name]Winnie[/name] is adorable, but dh says no.
[name]Bridget[/name] - I really like this (even though I had an arch nemesis in grade school named this, I got over it and really love the name and thik it would go great with [name]Isla[/name], BUT, guess what? Dh says no.
[name]Bryn[/name] - [name]Brynn[/name] is def still on our list. We’re just not 100% on it.
[name]Bronwyn[/name] - see above

great job guys, keep them coming!

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Grace[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]”
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name] “[name]Katie[/name]”

[name]Teagan[/name]/[name]Tegan[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] were already suggested but they came to my mind as well when seeng the picture.
Her cute little face reminds me of my [name]Mia[/name], so I also see this name fitting her too.

Some more - (sorry for repeats)

[name]Leonie[/name] - lay-oh-nee/lee-oh-nee
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Bela[/name] pronounced bay-la
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Audra[/name] nn [name]Audie[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Laila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name] - as a nn for something else
[name]Nina[/name] - nee- na not nye-na
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]

[name]Carys[/name] is pronounced Care-is. I think it’s pretty, simple, and strong, and goes really well with [name]Isla[/name], especially because it is also a Scottish name. I wouldn’t be too worried about pronounciation problems, it’s pretty phonetic.

[name]Esme[/name]?

[name]Abigail[/name] “[name]Abby[/name]”
[name]Emma[/name]*
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Katie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Jana[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name] “[name]Jessie[/name]”
[name]Sarah[/name]

• My only con about [name]Emma[/name] is that it is #1. POPULAR. Enough said