Let's make fun of my name list from when I was a kid!

So I recently found my first written out name list. I’m still a teen, but this must have been from when I was around 8 or 9. Some of the names were fine, and some were, well, not. A lot of these names were taken from other cultures, but even then I understood that I couldn’t use them. I would love to hear your reaction. Have fun!!

first/middle combos from my first name list:

Yamuna [name_f]Avia[/name_f]

Sequoia [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Sumaya[/name_f] Shachar

[name_m]Coyote[/name_m] Roshi - Roshi is the name of my cat

[name_m]Fosse[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] - [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] is an honor name, [name_m]Fosse[/name_m] (foss-ee) after [name_m]Bob[/name_m] [name_m]Fosse[/name_m].

[name_u]California[/name_u] [name_f]Sedona[/name_f] (I’m sorry)

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (what is it with my A on A combos?)

[name_f]Chava[/name_f] Yeta (I went full out Jewish on this one)

[name_f]Milana[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]

[name_f]Loa[/name_f] [name_f]Orly[/name_f]

Dare [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] (once again, I’m sorry)

[name_f]Spirit[/name_f] [name_f]Nava[/name_f] (okay, I promise I’m done with the I’m sorries but I’m actually sorry for this one)

[name_u]Thunder[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Aquarius[/name_f] “[name_f]Aqua[/name_f]” [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]

[name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Selene[/name_f]

Hydrangia Phobia (I promised I wouldn’t, but…)

Manzanita [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Nala[/name_f]

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] “[name_u]Indie[/name_u]” [name_f]Mia[/name_f]

[name_m]Pheonix[/name_m] [name_u]Lynx[/name_u] (I guess I had recently discovered “x”)

Xilah Acai (no words needed)

First names without middles from my first name list:

Yndiara
Shamayim
[name_f]Pacifica[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]

7 Likes

I like seeing [name_u]California[/name_u], [name_f]Sedona[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], and [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f] of the less traditional choices.

Plus [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but those are more traditional names.

Manzanita (the meaning here is adorable, though!), Phobia, and Acai gave me a good laugh :joy:

2 Likes

I submitted it before I was ready, so I’m retyping it, don’t worry!

2 Likes

Whatever did Hydrangeas do to you haha? This is so funny.

Some of these are real gems like [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Mia[/name_f]! I also do like Dare and [name_u]Thunder[/name_u]. Not sure they’re usable, but that’s okay.

3 Likes

First name Dare sounds like you lost a bet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you had a talent at a young age since these are mostly not too bad!

3 Likes

Don’t worry I’m scared of hydrangeas too haha!

4 Likes

awwww thanks :laughing:

1 Like

I’m noticing a strong state motif :joy:. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is Hydrangia Phobia; it made me laugh (Phobia is a new one!
[name_u]Thunder[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is so raw, though.

October [name_f]Selene[/name_f] is kinda gorgeous! Amazing. :slight_smile:

Dare is a fun name! (Though definitely a gp lol)

Aquarius [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]…uhhh ([name_f]Aqua[/name_f] [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] is really beautiful, though; the a on a works well here…a rare feat!)

Sapphire and Xilah are beautiful!

Spirit [name_f]Nava[/name_f] - Bold. Cool. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] wacky :joy:.

I actually really enjoy these names. They have flow and balance for the most part ([name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]…still kinda cute honestly :joy:). [name_m]Coyote[/name_m] and [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] are opposites, but I really like both. [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] is so underrated imo. A lot of these have strong Nameberry vibes. A lot of these were obviously from a young child, but they are really wonderful ha ha. ([name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Selene[/name_f]…amazing!)

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing! I wasn’t expecting to get such a positive reaction!! I honestly can’t get over Hydrangia Phobia though. Maybe I have some blocked out memory?

3 Likes

Were you pricked by a flower’s thorn, maybe? :joy:

3 Likes

[name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Selene[/name_f] is super pretty and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] is actually pretty nice too!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Mia[/name_f]! Never heard Phobia for a name before. It’s interesting.

1 Like

Hydrangia Phobia is on a whole nother level! :joy:

3 Likes

Hey, great creativity!

And I can’t talk b/c my first baby name choices (when I was 3-5) were Jiffy and Jelly!

1 Like

If I was a celebrity that could name my baby something wild, I’d really like coyote. It’s kind of cute :sweat_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Mia[/name_f] aren’t that bad. :joy:

1 Like

Some of these are actually usable and fresh, but others gave me a good laugh!

Winnie is super cute, but I always thought it worked better as a nickname for [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f], [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], etc.

Coyote is… new, lmao! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know how you even thought of that? And I think it’s sweet you wanted to name your kid after your cat :joy:

Fosse just sounds like Fossil to me!

California actually isn’t that bad with a different middle! Could work with nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] (although I don’t know how well it would go down if you actually lived in [name_u]California[/name_u]).

Willow, [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are all great! I think they’re sweet, so you must have had some sort of name talent, even when you were little!

I got stuck pronouncing [name_f]Loa[/name_f] [name_f]Orly[/name_f] out loud for a couple of minutes because the flow is funny to me for some reason! I keep getting tongue tied.

Spirit [name_f]Nava[/name_f] is bold and… spirited :no_mouth:

October [name_f]Selene[/name_f] is actually really lovely! Modern and Fresh.

Hydrangea Phobia is too funny! Best one so far! God, what did those flowers do to you?

Artemis, [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] are fun! Definitely usable, especially compared to [name_f]Hydrangea[/name_f] Phobia lmao! Same with [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]… just not with [name_u]Lynx[/name_u].

Thanks for the list! Definitely made me laugh and reminded me of the names I used to love when I was younger - our tastes change so much over time!

1 Like

I do live in [name_u]California[/name_u]!! I don’t think it would be very appreciated lol

Hydrangea Phobia is the star of the show here, let’s be honest. :joy: [name_m]Coyote[/name_m] Roshi and Dare [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] are gaining on her, though.

1 Like

I agree about [name_m]Coyote[/name_m]—only a matter of time until there’s a celebrity [name_m]Coyote[/name_m], right?

Sone of these are actually quite great! I think [name_f]Sumaya[/name_f] and Yamuna are gorgeous—they wouldn’t work for me culturally but I think they’re great choices for someone else!

2 Likes