Let's pretend you named your daughter Lulette...

I know, a lot of you don’t like it. But let’s make this a hypothetical situation. Pretend it’s your great grandmothers name and that she was amazing and a very worthy namesake and you’ve loved the name your whole life. [name]Say[/name] she was very glamorous and elegant and that is how the name feels to you. [name]Say[/name] it’s the one and only name that you’ve loved your entire life and the only name you think you would look back on 20 years from now and regret not using it. I know, i know, thats not how you really feel, but try to pretend!

So, you name your daughter Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], because [name]Elizabeth[/name] is your other favorite name and in case you only have one daughter, you don’t want to have any regrets! And say [name]Pearl[/name] honors your dad’s middle name, [name]Earl[/name]. And you happen to also love it. Oh, and your sophisticated great grandmother never used a nickname, but you aren’t as fancy as she was, so you call yours [name]Lulu[/name] or something like that to make it fit in with your spunkiness.

So. You got that? Now, what would you name her sisters?

Lulette is actually not too bad. Paired up with [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], it’s almost kinda nice. (I would use [name]Lettie[/name] as the nn though, I’m not a big fan of [name]Lulu[/name].)

Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
Rosabel [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Dove[/name]

I was able to imagine the situation you described, and Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is very nice! I would name her sister…

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Lyndsay[/name],

Well, I almost said [name]Charlene[/name], but then I slapped myself on the hand and said that was a terrible idea. Then I thought of [name]Roxane[/name] or [name]Roxana[/name], because [name]Roxy[/name] is really spunky and the name is just so [name]Cyrano[/name] de Bergerac - it’s classy but it doesn’t sound like it’s trying too hard, you know? But, then I decided maybe neither of those were really ideal. So…

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]June[/name] “[name]Poppy[/name]”
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]May[/name] “[name]Minnie[/name]”
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Frances[/name] “[name]Dixie[/name]”
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Margo[/name] “[name]Bea[/name]”
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Sukey[/name]”

By the way, I think [name]Lulu[/name] is a great nickname for Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] considering [name]Lulu[/name] means “pearl.”

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Wow guys! Your suggestions are amazing! Those are the exact kind of names that i think go with Lulette!

I have thought of [name]Roxana[/name], but does it sound trashy to you? I love [name]Roxy[/name], or any xy nickname so i so want to love this. I sort of do love it but it makes me think of a tacky 80s [name]Jersey[/name] girl. :frowning:

Something clicked just now, what about [name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Heidi[/name]? [name]Heidi[/name] is a nickname for the original form of [name]Adelaide[/name], spelled something like [name]Adelheid[/name]. I know it seems odd for [name]Heidi[/name] to come from [name]Adelaide[/name] when not spelled with an H, but that really doesn’t bother me. [name]Every[/name] time I see the name [name]Adelaide[/name] OR Heid I remember how much I love them, never occurred to me to use both, though. We are mostly [name]German[/name] and have a [name]German[/name] surname, too, so i think it could be cute. I dig Lady as a pet name, too. I always dismissed the lovely [name]Adelaide[/name] because i don’t like [name]Addy[/name], but i love [name]Heidi[/name]! I think [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Heidi[/name] make a spunky pair, while Lulette and [name]Adelaide[/name] are dressed up.

My other favorites are [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]. I love that two of you suggested [name]Penelope[/name], we do love that, and P is my favorite letter!

[name]Lyndsay[/name],

Funny you should mention [name]Heidi[/name]. I watched the 1937 version of [name]Heidi[/name] with [name]Shirley[/name] [name]Temple[/name] the other night - fabulous! - and [name]Clara[/name]'s governess makes a big fuss about calling [name]Heidi[/name] by her baptismal name, [name]Adelheid[/name]. So, yes, I definitely think you could use [name]Adelaide[/name], and I think it works well with both [name]Dashiell[/name] and Lulette!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS Lady is darling. I love Lady as a nickname for [name]Adelaide[/name] and, surprisingly, [name]Diana[/name]!

I think Lulette is cute. I love the nickname [name]Lulu[/name]. Adorable!
I would name her sister(s):
[name]Penelope[/name] (i adore this with Lulette!)
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]

I think its great Lulette has so much history for you :slight_smile: and Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Peal[/name] is really quite lovely!

As I’m sure you already know, I love the name Lulette, and I think Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is gorgeous.
I am loving [name]Adelaide[/name] with Lulette! I was actually going to suggest that last night, but I was too tired to think of middle names, so I never posted. [name]Heidi[/name] is a very cute nickname for [name]Adelaide[/name], and I think
it works just fine. [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name] are so cute!

I love [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]. Would [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Cassie[/name] be the nicknames? So [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Cassie[/name]? Very cute.

If you’d like some other suggestions, I can only think of first names right now:
[name]Genevieve[/name] “[name]Jenny[/name]” or “[name]Eve[/name]” (very elegant with a fun nickname, like your other girls names)
[name]Sedona[/name] (okay, maybe a little out there, but I love the name and for some reason I can see you using it. I know one little girl named [name]Sedona[/name], and she acts like I would imagine your daughter to be - a happy, peppy little firecracker who is always smiling.)
[name]Emmeline[/name] “[name]Emmy[/name]” (it feels like it fits with the rest, and I think it’s really pretty)
[name]Cecilia[/name] “Ceci” or “[name]Lia[/name]” (why not? It honors someone in your family, and it’s really pretty)

[name]Hope[/name] this helps you out, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! And if not, I already love
your girls names anyway.

I am kind of liking Lulette, and I have always really liked [name]LuLu[/name]. My only thought would be that since Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is so chock-full of family names and favorites, I would just want to be sure I had some equally meaningful names included for any other children. I wouldn’t want to be the sister that all the special ran out on! I have the opposite problem in that we only use one middle name and will prob have 3 or 4 kids at most, so I don’t think we’ll get to all the people we would like to honor. But you are sure going to run through the names!

I am meh on Lady. [name]Remember[/name] Lady Goodman (aka [name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name]) on Almost Famous? “My mother always said marry up. [name]Marry[/name] someone grand. And that’s why she named me Lady.”

[name]Phoebe[/name]'s mom, I too always think of Lady Goodman! So, I’m not crazy about Lady, but [name]Heidi[/name] is sweet. And I [name]LOVE[/name] Lulette! I would use it on my own child. As for [name]Roxana[/name], I prefer [name]Roxanne[/name]. I think that’s a bit more professional. [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Roxy[/name] are perfect!

Lulette elizabeth pearl.
[name]Arabella[/name] hailey jane
[name]Camilla[/name] leah belle
[name]Jacalyn[/name] michelle reese

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/07/23/unique-baby-names-don-t-s/

Refers to your [name]Amelia[/name] question re. potential popularity.

Phoebesmom, that was a great article! Thanks so much for posting the link. Ergh, a lot of names I love fall into those categories! My only real issue with Lulette is the double L… which I know is popular in my area. I so want to love [name]Etta[/name] as a nickname instead, I try to so hard, but it just doesn’t work for me. But who knows, maybe my future daughter will love it! I’m glad to hear it’s the classier trend, though… and [name]Lulu[/name] is actually the only one I haven’t heard of any little ones being called.

I also love the long I, and sort of the tough boy names, well not the examples they gave, but you know the Powerboy List in Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]? I love much of that list.

I think they’re really spot on with that list. I’ve heard a lot of people who plan to have kids in a couple years tossing those names around. My cousin plans to name a girl [name]Paisley[/name], I was astonished the first time she mentioned it (about 2 years ago). [name]Paisley[/name]? Really? I’ve never heard of that as a name, but now it’s on that list! Crazy!

Again @phoebes mom, you make a good point about using up all the special names. I mean, there are more, but coming up with an [name]Adelaide[/name] combo is really difficult!

I’m thinking maybe using [name]Eliza[/name] instead of [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a middle… Maybe. I like Lulette [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. Oh, the reason I thought of that is because [name]Adelaide[/name] needs a shortish middle and it looks kind of strange next to [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Maria[/name] [name]Rose[/name], is actually perfect but i don’t much care for [name]Maria[/name], I do love it in this combo though.
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rose[/name], I kind of really like this.
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Ann[/name] - ahh, no nature!
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Apple[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Apple[/name]

A [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] name paired with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Ann[/name] would honor both families perfectly. [name]Chris[/name]’ favorite is [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] Darling, he loves it. Problem is [name]Olivia[/name] doesn’t honor anyone at all, neither does [name]Adelaide[/name], and Darling is just an old family surname that we love, but don’t have much connection too. He wants Darling so he can call her Lady Darling.

Maybe [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] Darling or [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Darling. Is that too long? [name]Rosemary[/name] would cover both of our grandma’s! That could be the solution. And i wouldn’t have to give up [name]Elizabeth[/name] as Lulette’s middle.

Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Darling

[name]Do[/name] they work? I’m thinking yes! [name]Heidi[/name]'s name is quite long, but it also does everything I like a name to do, and it gives tons of fun nicknames, from [name]Heidi[/name] [name]Rose[/name] to Lady Darling. It even included two Disney characters, Lady as in lady and the tramp, and my favorite character, [name]Wendy[/name] Darling ([name]Chris[/name] loves names that have a Disney or animated character, could you tell? [name]Even[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is in Finding [name]Nemo[/name]).

Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] nn [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn Chesca
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Faith[/name] nn [name]Liese[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Bliss[/name] nn [name]Lindie[/name]

I kind of like Lulette - it’s sassy!
And your full combo is awesome.

I thin the perfect sister for Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

[name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Gigi[/name]!

I second [name]Penelope[/name]! ([name]Pippi[/name] is VERY spunky!)

[name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Dot[/name], [name]Dottie[/name])
[name]Livia[/name] ([name]Liv[/name])
[name]Hazel[/name] ([name]Zel[/name])
[name]Estelle[/name] ([name]Tess[/name], Stelles,[name]Stella[/name])
[name]Leona[/name] ([name]Leo[/name], [name]Onie[/name])
[name]Viola[/name] ([name]Vi[/name], [name]Ollie[/name])
[name]Olive[/name] ([name]Ollie[/name], [name]Liv[/name])
[name]Harriet[/name] ([name]Hattie[/name])
[name]Mabel[/name] ([name]May[/name], [name]Mab[/name])
[name]Amabel[/name] ([name]Amy[/name], [name]Mab[/name], [name]May[/name])
[name]Kathryn[/name] ([name]Kit[/name], [name]Kat[/name], Ryn, [name]Kit[/name]-[name]Kat[/name])
[name]Gwenore[/name] ([name]Gwenna[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Edith[/name] ([name]Edie[/name])
[name]Camille[/name] ([name]Cam[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Millie[/name])

and a couple combos :slight_smile:

[name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Camille[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Amabel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name] [name]Margo[/name]
[name]Molly[/name] [name]Elena[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

that’s all (for now;)

[name]Isabel[/name]

Well, maybe:
[name]Colbie[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name].

xoxoxoxo,
[name]Bella[/name]

Oh. My. Gosh. That is gorgeous! [name]Lyndsey[/name], I didn’t know this was your DD’s name! Lulette, Lulette, oh, it’s musical!

I saw a flash of [name]Roxanne[/name] as I passed through and thought of [name]Raquel[/name]! I love [name]Raquel[/name]…

[name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Leilani[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Amaris[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Pollyanna[/name]
[name]Estrella[/name] (I think Lulette and [name]Estrella[/name] are too amazing!)

What do you think?

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3