Let's Talk About Priscilla

I absolutely adore [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]! She’s one of my all-time favorite names! However, if I were to have a [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], her surname would begin with a P. That was such a deterrent for me for a long time, but now it doesn’t bother me as much. That said, I have some questions for you all:

Would the initials thing be an issue for you?

Would it be strange to give her a middle that begins with I or O and call her [name_m]Pip[/name_m]/[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]?

Our last name would really solidify the [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u] connotation because it sounds quite similar. I think it’d be pretty neat, but maybe others would find it tacky?

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] in general? I know it’s coming back in certain circles, but I’ve yet to meet a [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] of any age.

Any other thoughts or comments would certainly be appreciated. And again, not pregnant/TTC. [name_m]Just[/name_m] making lists and thinking ahead.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

As a teenager I would have told you that I hated the name, that all I could think of was “prissy”.
But then I read a book with an amazing character named [name_f]Prisca[/name_f] and I met a girl named [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] who’s the least prissy person I’ve met in my life, very athletic and kind.

I think the alliteration could work, it depends on what your surname is.
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] Piscotta is a bit much - it not only repeats the P but also the ending and the s sound.
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] isn’t bad at all
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] Pennington is fabulous

I think using an I middle and the nn [name_m]Pip[/name_m] would be awesome. Cute for a kid and fun for an adult.

Thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

As I said, our last name sounds similar to [name_u]Presley[/name_u]. Like, REALLY similar.

I like the idea of an I middle, but I can’t seem to find one that flows well. Any suggestions?

I don’t mind PP as first/last initials, but any vowel mn will spell something:

PAP
PEP
[name_m]PIP[/name_m]
POP
PUP

I know two [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]'s - one cat and one friendly, peppy girl with whom I went to law school. She (the human) wore the name well, and to good friends she was often known as Cill (sill).

with [name_f]Cilla[/name_f] as a nickname possibility.

I think a P surname would be OK, unless it were something like [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] Priston, a repeating of the first name sounds.

Of course I also love [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] and Ludmilla, so maybe I can’t be trusted! :slight_smile:

Well, [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u] would definitely make me think of the celebrity, but she’s not really famous enough to cause a child with a similar name any problems.
It’s definitely rather rhyme-y but I don’t mind it.

[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Ivonne[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Ivette[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]

It’s too princessy for my taste.