🍓 let's talk about rumen!

Hello everyone! :blossom: I’ve recently fallen in love with the name [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] (ROO-mehn) – I love the sound, the nicknames Ru, [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] & [name_m]Runo[/name_m], and its adorable meaning of “ruddy, red-cheeked” :yellow_heart: I wanted to ask a few quick questions about it, to see what everyone else thinks!

1. What vibes/imagery/emoji would you use to describe [name_m]Rumen[/name_m]?
  2. What are your overall thoughts about the name?
  3. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think he works as a brother for [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] and/or [name_f]Karolina[/name_f]?
  4. What middle names would you choose for him? You can look at my UC to see what my style is like, or you can choose middles based on your own style!

Only answer as many questions as you want :yellow_heart: TIA!

1 Like

On one hand, it gives me cosy vibes - red apples and knitted scarves, autumn leaves and forests, with just a touch of something slightly darker (I think because it sounds slightly like the words rumour, rumination, and rune, so there’s something secretive, witchy/magical, and stormy there too)

I quite like it - gentle but distinctive, a quietly confident name

I think so - it has that international vibe [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] and [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] share, that familiar but distinctive feel. [name_f]My[/name_f] only pause would be that I do find it has a slightly gentler note to it, not a problem really, just something I’d consider if I was scrutinising

Inspired by your UC:

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Cassander[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Ilmari
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Yarkko
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Toivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvander[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Veikko[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] BoĹľidar
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_f]Valery[/name_f]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Pasha[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Konrad[/name_m]

What I’d use:

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Cosmos[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Kelso[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m]

1. What vibes/imagery/emoji would you use to describe Rumen?
    [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] feels very :fox_face: :sunflower: :fallen_leaf: :zap: :yarn: :candle: to me

2. What are your overall thoughts about the name?
    I’ve never heard of it until now, it’s super cute! I agree with Greyblue, it has some sort of gentle spookiness to it

3. Do you think he works as a brother for Valentin and/or Karolina?
    I think [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] works great! He does seem the teensiest bit out of place syllable-wise, but that’s probably just me

4. What middle names would you choose for him? You can look at my UC to see what my style is like, or you can choose middles based on your own style!

I like the idea of:

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Charlie[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Adam[/name_m]

Well… maybe this is a homesteader thing, but I just think of the organ.
For those who are curious lol

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m]

Ruminants, such as cattle, sheep, goats, deer, and antelope, have a part of their stomach called the rumen. It is the largest pouch in the stomach of ruminants. The rumen contains microorganisms that further break down food. We often refer to it as the animal’s fermentation vat.

I do like the sound of [name_m]Rumen[/name_m], but personally wouldn’t be able to use it.

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] so you’re aware: the rumen is also a part of the digestive system of a cow. That’s the first thing I think of when I hear the name and so would most farmer/rural folk probably. Of course, not everyone knows that but it’s something to take into consideration.

Sorry :confused:

1 Like

This is what came to mind for me too.

1 Like

I wanted to like Rumen - it is tailored, reminds me of Reuben, is gentlemanly while also being artsy and off-beat - but I can’t quite get onboard because it’s so close to “ruminate” and “roomin’” (are we rooming together?). But in another context it could work and seems like a sibling to your other two. Could Reuben be an option? Or Roman?

1 Like

Yaaay, this topic made me so happy, [name_f]Maya[/name_f] !!! :white_heart: (big [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] cheerleader over here and it seems I’m a minority :pleading_face:) :maple_leaf: :teddy_bear:

I get both very cosy, autumnal vibes as well as very whimsical aesthetic (both of which I absolutely adore !!)

He has a main character potential perfect for a main character in the children’s story set in the winter time whilst I can also totally see him pulling off being an adult in a dark academia type of a novel (he’s so versatile)

LOVE IT !! I love how distinct he is whilst at the same time he shares the sounds of the names that are quite popular or more known at the moment

[name_f]Love[/name_f] him with [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] & [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] (in this case, even more than my forever favourite [name_m]Stellan[/name_m])

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Konstantin[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Timofei
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Anastas
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Mykola[/name_m] / Mikolas
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Tomislav[/name_m] (just as I typed it, it was an instant love)
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Zdravko
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Amadej[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Matyas[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Varnava
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Pavao[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Severin[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Stelian[/name_m] !! (how handsome)

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] is intriguing! tbh I did think of ramen straightaway, but he seems perfectly fit for a European fairy tale once I get past thinking of food :rofl: He’s lots of fun to say and I would love to meet a [name_m]Rumen[/name_m]! I like him better than [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. I do like [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] and [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] together a lot, but I think [name_m]Rumen[/name_m] and [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] could easily be brothers too!

[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] Theodore/Teodor/Feodor
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Francis[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Rumen[/name_m] [name_m]Jude[/name_m]

Good luck!