Lev

General thoughts/opinions?

I think it’s cool, i think the pronunciation might throw some people off as it’s ‘Leev’ rather than ‘Lehv’. I really love it’s vibe though :heart:

2 Likes

I talked about [name_m]Lev[/name_m] in my latest name video on my channel! I love it! It’s a handsome name with a great meaning.

1 Like

I want to like it. I love short/no-nonsense names but it looks incomplete to me. Maybe it’s the pronunciation issues that throw me off. Not sure… but it’s just okay imo.

1 Like

I like it! I think I prefer [name_u]Levi[/name_u] (pronounced [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-vi) but [name_m]Lev[/name_m] is still cute!

1 Like

Lev seems really Russian (or any countries in that area) to me, for some reason. It does feel a little incomplete, but I adore your combo of [name_m]Lev[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].

2 Likes

I can’t say I’m a fan. I personally much prefer [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. Also, not that it really matters but I’d be surprised to hear it on a non-Jewish or at least non-Slavic child, but so many names these days are used cross-culturally so if you love it that shouldn’t stop you.

2 Likes

Love it! Especially with the leh-v pronunciation :star_struck:

2 Likes

I love that it has a elegant feel while being simple. So handsome and a good alternative to popular [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. I prefer the leh-v pronunciation.
I’m actually considering it on a future child.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Lev[/name_m]. It’s simple but still feels sophisticated. I also like the fact that it’s both Hebrew (meaning heart) and Russian (meaning lion).

1 Like

I like [name_m]Lev[/name_m]. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] Tolstoy’s real name was [name_m]Lev[/name_m] ([name_m]Leo[/name_m] is the Anglicised form). I would associate it with the Russian or Jewish communities, but I think it’s still usable if you’re not. [name_u]Levi[/name_u] and [name_m]Levin[/name_m] are also nice names.

1 Like