Levi! Or... maybe Jameson? Help?

See the results of this poll: Which Do You Prefer?

Respondents: 9 (This poll is closed)

• Jameson John Makai: 3 (33%)
  • Levi Jonathan Makai: 6 (67%)

[name]Jameson[/name] is def. more unique. I know a bunch of young Levis so I would avoid that name right now. [name]How[/name] ever [name]Jameson[/name] is likely to be shortened to [name]James[/name]. Is that something you can live with? All in all I still prefer [name]Jameson[/name].

I really dislike [name]Jameson[/name] - sorry but [name]James[/name] is so much better on it’s own! To be honest [name]Makai[/name] sounds a bit odd with your other names. It rhymes awkwardly with [name]Levi[/name]. I think [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Makai[/name] is about the best combination if you must use [name]Makai[/name] - does it have some specific relevance to you?

I like [name]Levi[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Levi[/name] or [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]James[/name] on their own much better. What do you think?

[name]Rachel[/name]

Thank you both for your opinions! I don’t love [name]James[/name]- it is too plain for me. I like [name]Jameson[/name] for the three sylables… it sounds distinguished. I’ve known many [name]James[/name], but never a [name]Jameson[/name], which is why I like it. It achieves that ‘classic yet fresh’ feel, for me anyways. I don’t mind the nn [name]Jamie[/name] though. It is tradition in my family to give you’re kids two middle names, one of them hawaiian. I really like [name]Makai[/name] because it’s much simpler than many of the other names. For example I also like Hokuakekai [Ho-Koo-[name]AH[/name]- [name]Kay[/name]- Kie] which means star of the sea, but its a little complicated, dont you think?! I would’ve gone for something even simpler, like [name]Kai[/name], but everyone is using that nowadays. So that explains why I don’t like [name]James[/name], and why I am using [name]Makai[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Levi[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Makai[/name] because I really like [name]Levi[/name] but don’t like [name]Jameson[/name], sounds too much like a last name for me… I have to say that I really like Hokuakekai - its meaning is gorgeous! But you’re right saying that it might be a bit too complicated, you’d have to spell it all the time…

I like [name]Levi[/name] better than [name]Jameson[/name], but have issues with both. [name]Levi[/name] is becoming rather wildly popular, and I can understand how a parent might not choose it for that reason.

But I’m not nuts about [name]Jameson[/name]. It’s a whiskey. It just doesn’t strike me.

On the other hand, it sounds as though you really like [name]Jameson[/name], and there is no substantial reason why you shouldn’t go with the name you love.

In this case I would say, don’t be swayed by your poll. If you love [name]Jameson[/name], [name]Jameson[/name] it is. Sounds as though you need to take care to make sure people don’t fall into [name]James[/name], but one can do that, just as one can make sure little [name]Elizabeth[/name] doesn’t become a [name]Lizzie[/name] (if that is your wish). If anyone uses [name]James[/name], quietly correct them, “We call him [name]Jameson[/name].”

Most of all – enjoy the new baby – and saying millions of time over a name you love.

[name]Levi[/name] is now overused (how did that happen so fast?!). [name]Jameson[/name] is a GREAT name and I have always loved it. [name]Jamie[/name] is the normal nn for [name]Jameson[/name] which is very cute.

Wow this is really tough! People seem to have pretty strong opinions one way or the other! I really love both names! I don’t care at all that [name]Levi[/name] is getting popular. I’ve personally never known a [name]Levi[/name] or even know of anyone who knows a [name]Levi[/name]. I like it because it’s simple and familiar. No one is going to mispell his name or ask him how it’s pronounced. The ‘[name]Vi[/name]’ ending makes it sound layed back and cool. It could have a rugged feel to it but a soft sweet side also, which is another reason I love it. I love [name]Jameson[/name] for pretty much all the same reasons I love [name]Levi[/name]! I especially like how [name]Jameson[/name] looks on paper. Wow this is so tough!!!