Levi Vs. Lionel?

I’ve been going back and forth between these two names for a while.

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] was our original pick if baby #2 is a boy, but I’m concerned about how popular it is, especially in the rural South (where we live).

I’ve never met a [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], but I’ve gotten some less than positive feedback. I think I overall like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] better, but I’ve been told [name_m]Levi[/name_m] may age better.

Thoughts?

I love [name_u]Lionel[/name_u]!! I don’t see why it wouldn’t age well. It’s very under used but its a pretty recognizable name. I’ve never been much of a fan of [name_m]Levi[/name_m], it always makes me think of the jeans and it is pretty popular in my area too (southern [name_u]Cali[/name_u]). If you like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] more you should definitely not hold back!

I love [name_m]Levi[/name_m], but it is getting popular. I have to say, not a fan of [name_u]Lionel[/name_u]. But if you really love it, go for it. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], it’s such a sweet name with some great nicknames! Plus, what little kid wouldn’t love to have the nickname [name_m]Lion[/name_m]? I think it would age fine as well
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] is alright but really popular and much less interesting than [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] in my opinion
Overall, I’d say that you should go for the name you love the most!

I really don’t like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], but [name_m]Levi[/name_m] is getting popular.

I dont like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] either but love [name_m]Levi[/name_m]! Such a handsome name!

Both are great names but [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] is one of my very favorites!!!

I definitely prefer [name_u]Lionel[/name_u]. I’ve always though if it as a name that ages very well.

I prefer [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] to [name_m]Levi[/name_m]! I know so many Levis.

[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] is more unique and like another poster said, [name_m]Lion[/name_m] would be a fun nickname.

Wow, these are such different names.

I picture a [name_m]Levi[/name_m] in Levis, working in a barn.

I picture a [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] in an office or university.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] as names go, I love [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] and am not attracted to [name_m]Levi[/name_m], though I love [name_m]Liev[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Levi[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] but in the rural US south runs the risk of sounding pretentious.

Another vote for [name_u]Lionel[/name_u]. What a handsome, sexy name.

[name_m]Levi[/name_m], hands down. [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] honestly just brings up images of [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Richie[/name_m]'s music video for Hello.

I’m not crazy about either of these, but if I had to pick it would be [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] because it’s more unexpected. I can’t pin down a reason why I’m not crazy about them, but I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Liev[/name_m] and both remind me of your picks. Best of luck!