Libby?

Can you think of a name that [name]Libby[/name] could be a nickname for other than [name]Elizabeth[/name]? We already have an [name]Elizabeth[/name] in the family, but I really like the nickname [name]Libby[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Liberty[/name]
[name]Libra[/name]

I think [name]Libby[/name] is such a sweet nickname. :slight_smile:

What about giving your baby the initials L.B., and calling her [name]Libby[/name] for short?

Possible L.B. combos:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]

The only [name]Lib[/name] names that comes to mind is [name]Liberty[/name].

Good luck!

The only ones I can think of are:
[name]Sybella[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Liberty[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

I think it’s really cute, too.

[name]Just[/name] name her [name]Libby[/name]!

I second Zard and Irisrose’s suggestion of [name]Liberty[/name] if you want a full name. And I also like Rebeccajo’s idea of just going with [name]Libby[/name]. [name]Milly[/name], [name]Katie[/name], etc are all becoming full first names in common use (and in my generation I know at least two Sues are not Susans), so why not [name]Libby[/name]?

I know a [name]Libby[/name] and her real name is [name]Elspeth[/name] (or maybe [name]Elsbeth[/name] i’m not sure)- so thats just another option. you could also see what the international versions of [name]Elizabeth[/name] are (i am pretty sure there is a nameberry list of that!) and see if you like any of those :slight_smile: [name]Libby[/name] is adorable.

I know of a little girl named [name]Tabitha[/name] who goes by [name]Tibby[/name], and I just think thats so cute. As for [name]Libby[/name], I think [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name] might work because [name]Isabelle[/name] is the Spanish form of [name]Elizabeth[/name] and also it does have that [name]Libby[/name] sound in it. I also like [name]Lizbeth[/name], a diminutive of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. And [name]Liberty[/name] might be a more modern choice, but I’m not sure I like it very much.

My 3 year old is called [name]Libby[/name], not as a nickname, it’s [name]Libby[/name] on her birth certificate. It’s gorgeous on it’s own, and i don’t know one other little girl with the same name. It’s beautiful and girly! Her middle name is [name]Jean[/name] after my mum x

[name]Love[/name] this idea, love [name]Elspeth[/name]! But there is no “l” or “i” in [name]Elspeth[/name]. I don’t think it really matters though.

A friend’s daughter goes by Libi, and her proper name is [name]Liliana[/name].