Libby

What do you think of the name [name_f]Libby[/name_f]? Not as a nickname, but as a given name.

I can see how it could be a plausible given name, but I do prefer it as a nickname. I think most would assume it’s a nickname, not a given name.

2 Likes

I think it sounds really sweet!

I love [name_f]Libby[/name_f] as a standalone! It’s sweet but has substance, full of energy but feels cozy and grounded. I would love to meet a just-[name_f]Libby[/name_f]!

I like it a lot! I believe the [name_f]Libby[/name_f] I know is an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but she goes exclusively by [name_f]Libby[/name_f], so I don’t know for sure. She’s in her 40’s and the name has always worked well for her!

I get that but I’ve always been a fan of those kind of names :rofl: I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_f]Beth[/name_f] etc to “full” names.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f]’s cute, I just feel that it could be tiring if people assumed her full name was [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] frequently! (I also love [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], and [name_f]Beth[/name_f]!)

I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is so adorable! I remember hearing for the first time and loving it!

I adore it as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Liberty[/name_f], but I do think it works okay as a standalone. I agree with other commenters that some people might assume it’s a nickname, but that’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

I think it’s usable, and in general i like [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. It’s very sweet

Libby is cute and sparky

I prefer it as a nickname. From personal experience, I think it’s nice to have something longer to fall back on, with a more familiar form for informal occasions. :slight_smile: I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]”[name_f]Libby[/name_f]”.