Liberty....since it's near independence day and all....

[name]Just[/name] wondering what people’s thoughts are on [name]Liberty[/name] for a first or middle name for a girl. All this independence day and 4th of july celebrating popped it into my mind. It’s not coming up on a nameberry search, is it really that out of the ordinary?

Thoughts and feedback please! :slight_smile: too hippy? too weird?

I really, really, REALLY dislike this name. Sorry.

I actually really like this name! I could see it on a little girl, as well as a teenager and an adult.

I actually kind of like it. The nickname [name]Libby[/name] would be cute. It’s very patriotic.
I also know three teenagers (about 15 or 16) with names similar to [name]Liberty[/name]:
[name]Freedom[/name] (boy)
[name]Justice[/name] (boy and girl)

I really like the name [name]Freedom[/name] for a boy, I think it’s cool. But I don’t really care for [name]Justice[/name] on a boy.

The root [name]Bert[/name] makes me not like it, and that’s if I try hard not to see it as a word. I used a word name for my daughter’s middle name because I didn’t like it enough to defend my choice for a first name…I would use a name if I loved it enough to be able to defend it.

And yeah - it says hippie to me.

I like it, as a middle name…Another virtue name I just fell in love with is [name]Serenity[/name]. Any thoughts?

It’s not a bad name at all. I’m just wondering how it would be on an adult. [name]Just[/name] don’t make the middle name [name]Belle[/name]!

[name]Liberty[/name] is at the top of my girls’ list. It is a beautiful name with character and history. To some people it might have a hippie vibe, but it actually is a very old name used by the Pilgrims. I have a soft spot for [name]Liberty[/name]; I just love it. Having said that, I think a child has to have a certain personality (strength of character?) to carry such a name. It would not have worked for a painfully shy person like myself. She certainly will get tired of hearing “[name]Liberty[/name] [name]Bell[/name]” and “Lady [name]Liberty[/name].” I know a second grader with this name, and she loves it. It definitely fits her, and she insists upon being called by her full name. I also think it is important to choose a middle name that flows well. (A celeb named a baby [name]Liberty[/name] [name]Grace[/name] recently, though I don’t remember who.) No [name]Liberty[/name] [name]Arabelle[/name], or [name]Liberty[/name] [name]Rain[/name]. I do like the nickname [name]Libby[/name] as well, which could be a nice alternate if that better suits your child’s personality. The one thing I don’t like is the [name]Bert[/name]/[name]Berty[/name] sound, but that could be a nickname if you like the “clunky but cool”. [name]Liberty[/name] is currently #521 in the U.S. (It actually is listed in Nameberry’s database.) I think if you love this name, you should choose it. I think it would be a fantastic choice. I know a little girl who was born 7/6, and her name is [name]Justice[/name], also a good choice, but not as lovely as [name]Liberty[/name]. [name]Happy[/name] naming!
[name]Amelia[/name]

My daughter is called [name]Liberty[/name] faith arizona (her name and 2 middle names)… she is now 2.5. i love her name!! :slight_smile: