Lie-va spelling

I love the pronunciation of this name, but the only similar name I’ve seen is [name_f]Liva[/name_f], which was said to be pronounced leave-ah which I think sound like liver or leaver and frankly not what I’m going for, how would you write this name so there are as few mispronunciations as possible. Thanks!

Maybe [name_f]Livah[/name_f]? I would pronounce that Lie-va.

1 Like

Lyva or Lyvah? I’m thinking if the difference in pronunciation between [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Myla[/name_f]. Maybe the same could apply here?

2 Likes

Lyva or [name_f]Livah[/name_f]

Lyva would be simplest.

As in, ‘Saliva’?

‘[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]’ is rarely mispronounced, so you could go with Lyva, or [name_m]Lyeva[/name_m]. However, since it’s a made-up name, your daughter will likely have to explain the pronunciation to people, anyway.

1 Like

Yeah I think Lyva would work well, but could [name_f]Liv[/name_f] still be used as a nickname?

Lyva would be my vote. [name_f]Liva[/name_f] would be leev-uh, like you said, and [name_f]Livah[/name_f] would be liv-uh to me.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] absolutely works. I go by [name_u]Abby[/name_u] even though my name isn’t spelled [name_f]Abbygail[/name_f].

2 Likes

Very true thank you