Life is Funny

There’s got to be a thread like this already, but I can’t find it. So I don’t know if anyone will be interested, but I for one love telling stories and I know many of you do as well. This thread is for memes and stories, from the funny thing you heard that kid in the grocery store say to a corny joke you just have to share, from that family anecdote nobody will let you forget to a conversation you had that you found amusing. It doesn’t have to be haha funny, just something that made you smile.

Here’s an exchange I had with a friend-
[name_m]Friend[/name_m]: Why don’t you go out more often? You never do anything really crazy.
Me: What are you talking about? I just added Astilbe AND Astrantia to my name list! If that isn’t daring, I don’t know what is.
[name_m]Friend[/name_m]: oh, honey…

I love this thread!

I do have a story to share. Last week, I was volunteering in a grade 1/2 class and one of the little girls asked how old I am. I said, “well how old do you think I am?” and her response was, “25”.

I’m 14/15.

Great thread!

Here’s a text message between my mom and who she thought was her sister

Mom: Hey I forgot to give you the broccoli casserole recipe, do you still need it?
Number: Sure!
Mom: (insert recipe)
Mom: Hey I have two numbers for you, guess this is the right one?
Number: Thanks for the recipe, btw who is this?
Mom: It’s [name_f]LaDawn[/name_f], Is this [name_f]Debbie[/name_f]?
Number: No, I’m [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. I just really wanted the recipe!
Mom: Everyone loves it! Enjoy!

Still my favorite conversation I’ve ever had with my best friend. We had just finished watching the Disney live-action Beauty and the Beast where there’s a scene where LeFou is talking to [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] about [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and he says “She just has that je ne sais quoi?” And [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] answers, “I don’t know what that means.”

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]: Yeah, tbh I don’t actually know what that means.
Me: “I don’t know what”
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]: What?? [name_m]How[/name_m] can you not know?? You’re in [name_m]French[/name_m], you should know these things!!
Me: …no, it means “I don’t know what.”
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]: Oh.

The funniest thing to me right now is this thing I found on tumblr where [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Kirk[/name_m] runs up to Mr. Spock all in a panic and asks “If Bones dies, who will tell me?” and Spock’s just like “Go back to bed, [name_m]Jim[/name_m].”
(it’s funny because he’s the one who always say’s ‘He’s dead, [name_m]Jim[/name_m]’)
(Okay it’s really only funny if you watch [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek)
(okay maybe it’s only funny to me)

1 Like

These are great, guys!

Once when volunteering, I met a little girl while working in the check-in. I try to talk to little kids instead of ignoring them and just addressing their parents, so I greeted both the little girl and her mother. Then I turned to the girl, who was being dropped off.

Me: Hello, it’s nice to meet you. What’s your name? (I needed to write a nametag)
[name_m]Little[/name_m] girl: hides behind mother
Mother: (instead of just telling me the girl’s name) go ahead, tell her
[name_m]Little[/name_m] girl: comes out from behind mother and looks me in the eye. Then she belts this out at the top of her lungs HELLO. MY NAME IS [name_m]INIGO[/name_m] MONTOYA. YOU KILLED MY FATHER. PREPARE TO DIE. ducks behind mother

Her mother was embarrassed and told me her daughter’s real name, but I was laughing so hard that I could barely write it. (I was later told that this “shy” little girl did this sort of thing often.)

1 Like

My hubby was babysitting his brother’s kids…

Niece: “Uncle [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], I need a nappy… because I wee… because that’s what I do.”
Hubby: “Are you toilet trained?”
Niece: thinks for a bit: “Um… no… we don’t have one of those.”

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Another good one from hubby’s fam is from when his youngest brother was little.

He proclaimed: “Mum! [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] hit my scuzin Yomi on the oboe!”

Translation: “Mum! [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] hit my sister [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] on the elbow!”

Assumption is that he got “cousin” and “sister” mixed up. And as for the rest… he tried his best! Lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh my goodness!! My day has been made. This is beyond hilarious :smiley:

This is a lovely thread!

A couple days back, I was at a family dinner (all the older girls on my maternal grandmother’s side of the family, so about 20 of us) and the entire night was full of gems :slight_smile: (mostly my aunts, seated at opposite ends of the table, shouting at and sassing each other). One I remember distinctly is us having a conversation about whether we want to be cremated or buried when we die (an overwhelming majority for cremation) with one of my aunts bellowing out this:

Aunt: “Who cares about a vase? I wanna be a f*cking firework!”
Mum: “No, no, no…”
Aunt: “Yeah! I’ll be all pretty and sparkly in the sky.”

Followed by my aunt kindly informing us that, when mowing graveyards, she’s mowed over piles of ashes and gotten a face full of a person’s remains and suggesting that “they should have scattered better!” and that “It’s not my fault!” It was certainly a conversation lol.

These are so funny haha

This is quite a dated story (Few months ago) and it might not be funny but I thought it’d fine to share it.

So, I live in a country that does not speak English. (In other words, Korea.) My friends think I’m “good” at English so they often ask me about English names. Few months ago, my friend told me that she would like to have a unisex English name. And she suddenly said “I’d like to be H@ns! Or Krist0ff!” (She’s a Frozen fan) I laughed so hard because they are certainly boys names. So her nickname became H@ns Krist0ff.

Then we realized that she wears red t-shirts a lot. So her nickname became H@ns H0ts@uce Krist0ff Ketch/u/p. Then, I wanted to add her real name. So it became H@ns H0ts@uce Krist0ff Ketch/up JH (Her first name) P@k (her last name).

As a result, we call her H@ns Hots@uce Krist0ff K/etchup JH P@k (Look how it flows so well!), sometimes shortened to H@ns. She hates it, but we love it. And I told her it sounds like an European prince name (she actually believed this a little bit lol). Btw, the name she really chose was [name_u]Lexi[/name_u].

I was getting dressed yesterday and my son was sitting on our bed rearranging the pillows and cushions to his satisfaction when I was trying to choose which earring to choose when my son threw an accent pillow on the floor and stood up on the bed and pointed at me and exclaimed: “I can’t work with all this noise!” And then flopped back down on the bed with his head in his hands as though this was the most important job imaginable and I was a nuisance.

He was grumpy for the rest of day. My husband came home that evening after work and fell onto the couch with a sigh and I swear to God that they both had the exact same face and I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

I think it’s a case of you had to be there but I found it hilarious.

I was at a party, and a girl randomly walked up and said very seriously, “I could never be vegetarian,” to my friend. That was all she said. Neither of us knew her.