Lila or Ruby?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! This is my first post on Nameberry!
I’m not expecting, but two names are currently fighting for the number 3 position on my favorite names list; [name_f]Lila/name_f and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
My list goes like this:

1. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (probably mn [name_f]Lily[/name_f])
  2. [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Lila/name_f/[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (I know its uber popular, but I love it!)
  7. [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Lena[/name_f]/ [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] (still deciding, could use opinions on this one too!)

Which name do you prefer, and why?

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]!
I prefer ruby in the mn spot.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] ruby…sounds great!

Hey there! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]!:slight_smile:

First of all, you have a lovely taste in names. Secondly, I love your username. :slight_smile:

Righto, down to business…
I prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as a first name [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] as a middle name. I love [name_f]Lena[/name_f], I always have, so I’m biased. But [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a beautiful name too.

~[name_f]Mina[/name_f]

[QUOTE=jasmine.lee;2031850]Hey there! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]!:slight_smile:

First of all, you have a lovely taste in names. Secondly, I love your username. :slight_smile:

[\QUOTE]

Thank you!

Personally I prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], but they both have so much spunk that they go well together! [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] would be a gorgeous name, and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] would be a gorgeous sibset.

I prefer [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] over [name_f]Lila[/name_f] because people will know how to pronounce it right away. I’ve met a few [name_f]Lila[/name_f]'s that pronounced it like [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Though if you did [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], it would be kind of matchy. Some people like that, others don’t.

To be honest, [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Maya[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are the only names that really stand out to me in uniqueness and personality. [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], to me, are very dull, cut and dry.

But if you’re set on [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], I wouldn’t have [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as a first, as [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are pretty similar.

I prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Nothing about [name_f]Lila[/name_f] has ever appealed to me. I haven’t always been fond of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], but it’s grown on me. I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] would be a great first name! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry! I love both names but since you already have a [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] on your list (with a possibility of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]), I’ll vote for the spunky [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Yeah, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] are matchy too but at least they sound a little different from each other.

1. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - love
  2. [name_f]Maya[/name_f] - a lovely sound, might be mistaken for [name_f]Mia[/name_f] by some.
  3. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - aside from the multiple spellings and the popularity of a host of similar names, I just think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is prettier
  4. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - pretty and simple
  5. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - I like it
  6. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - I like it to :slight_smile:
  7. [name_f]Leah[/name_f] - lovely and underused
  8. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - very pretty, but rising
  9. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - very nice
  10. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - I know it’s popular, but I still think it’s beautiful

I personally prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. I also think that [name_f]Lila[/name_f] has too many common sounds with your top 2 especially (A-endings) as well as [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] so it seems like the easiest choice to let go of. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] only shares a first letter with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and an ending with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (and possibly [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]) so I think that name would be more versatile for your personal top 10. I also cast my vote to [name_f]Lena[/name_f] above [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] (and above [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Leah[/name_f] if that’s helpful). Good luck. =]

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] is pretty, but [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is gorgeous. She gets my vote.

oh, just saw your user name!
I finished The Fault in Our Stars last night :slight_smile: It was lovely!

Thanks everyone!! I decided on [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and I put [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] in that 10 spot (with [name_f]Lena[/name_f] at 11). Thanks so much for all the opinions!! :slight_smile:
Oh and kala_way: thanks!! It’s my favorite book! I’ve read it countless times. I’m glad you enjoyed it too!