Lila

Our 5-month old daughter is named [name]Selah[/name]. (We pronounce it “say-la”)
We’re starting to think about trying for our second soon. We love the names [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name], but do you think either of those sound too similar to [name]Selah[/name]? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

As an aside, my sister and I both have 2-syllable names that end in -ly, and growing up it never felt like our names were too close.

Am I overthinking this?

I think they are too similar, but not horribly so. In addition to that, take a look at the SSN name list and add up [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Laila[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilah[/name], and [name]Lola[/name].

Ya, they are similar but not impossible together. I really like [name]Selah[/name], and [name]Lila[/name] too. What are the middle names?

They are not terribly close but too similar for my taste. If it doesnt bother you then I say it is fine.

[name]Selah[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is our daughter’s name. We love [name]Lila[/name] but, as you mentioned, it may just be too similar for a second daughter. I think we will probably go with [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Mila[/name]. (My grandmother was [name]Mildred[/name], so we are using a nickname of [name]Mildred[/name] - [name]Mila[/name] - for the middle name.)

selah and lila are too similar.