Lilac?

What are your thoughts on this name? Is it useable as a first name or better as a middle name?

Thanks in advance :blush: !

Since [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] isn’t a super-common name, I would probably choose it to be a first name. But, this is based on my personal preference of unique names first, then traditional, family names second. Either way, it’s a beautiful name, with [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as possible nicknames. Good luck!

Yeah I have the same opinion. I think [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] could easily be the next [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].
Thanks for your reply!

The pronunciation is the only thing that trips me up. “[name_u]Li[/name_u]-lick” or “[name_u]Li[/name_u]-lack.”

Yeah I see what you mean that’s the only problem :thinking: !

1 Like

Love it! I think it’s absolutely usable as a first or middle.

1 Like

i agree. In my accent it would be more like
Lie-luck.
I think it’s pretty and could definitely be used as a middle but i’m not sure as a first as it could get confused with [name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lilah.

1 Like

I think it’s really pretty and fits nicely in with the group of slightly more obscure flower names.

Just thought I might add, my pronunciation is lie-lack (from Australia).

I think it’s really lovely, and could work as first or middle name!

I prefer it as a middle but it is still gorgeous!

Thanks everyone for the replies!

@MargotAbeline - I can see why you would think that it’s the only thing bothering me about with this name.

@eileithyia - It really does fit into that group.

@rgd Yeah I’m from Australia and I pronounce it like that too!

@starless It’s such a wonderful name!

@Greyblue Yes it is gorgeous!

I adore [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]. It’s so simple and yet absolutely stunning. I personably have it as a middle for sweet [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] on my list, but I think it could make an equally amazing first name.

I love the name. I am from the eastern US and pronounce it more like Lie–lahk.

I adore [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]! There’s a nice vintage vibe there, and I think it’s as usable as any other flower name (but with an interesting twist!).

I love how [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] has a special edge that differs from similar [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f].
I agree that the pronunciation can be misunderstood, though.

I adore [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and think it would be refreshing to meet one, and the name is familiar enough for non-namenerds! The pronunciation issue would be a bit difficult. If I heard the name aloud I’d be able to repeat the preferred pronunciation and it would be an easy correction, though.

Personally I’d pronounce [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] more like lie-luck because I like that pronunciation best, but lie-lack would be more accurate to my default accent.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

@seawillow - Yes! I think it is very versatile too.

@Suzannah It is a nice name!

@Myosotis Oh yes I definitely think it has quite a vintage style too!

@planetnames Yes! [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f] with a great and unexpected twist.

@midwinter Yes I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] too!!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] - it’s so spunky and beautiful. I love it as either a first or middle name. I would totally use it as a middle but it’s a little quirkier than my other first name choices. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is one of my favorites.

Winifred [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is a dream combination :heart_eyes: !