Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Adorable. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. Along the lines of what I’d have picked for them but not necessarily what I expected of them.

3 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!!! Modern twist on [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and great nickname of [name_f]Lili[/name_f]. Fantastic. And homage to Harry’s mother

3 Likes

So gorgeous and special! [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] was such a surprise though but I love it :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I absolutely melt every time I say it :sparkling_heart: I knew they would use Diana as middle name, but Lilibet has always been a favorite of mine, and I love that they used an unexpected version of Elizabeth! It’s all perfect :star_struck:

4 Likes

I do love [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] (have it down as [name_f]Lilabet[/name_f] in the mid spot atm). I also like it’s an honour name without directly copying [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Nice surprise to see.

2 Likes

So unexpected, but I love it!! Maybe [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] will get a little more action now :eyes::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Agree, I would have preferred [name_f]Lili[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as a less obvious honour. And I’m a bit disappointed there’s no [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] or [name_f]Doria[/name_f] honour after [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], it’s so lovely they used [name_f]Diana[/name_f] but I’d have liked both in there
Having said that [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is cooler than [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] which loads of the royal babies have as middle.

5 Likes

I like it’s very sweet and cute and suits the nn set with [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. I expected an honor for [name_f]Diana[/name_f] but I didn’t expect them to go with a family name in the first spot! [name_f]Lili[/name_f] & [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is adorable!

2 Likes

I really like it! And like others have said, I bet [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] rockets up the charts!

However, I’m in the UK and there is already a flurry of people criticising them for supposedly appropriating the Queen’s supposedly private family nickname after all that has happened. These are not my personal views and I am conscious of not wanting to discuss politics on here but in the few short hours it has been in the press the name itself has been somewhat overshadowed by this context, which is a shame since I really think it is a gorgeous combo.

8 Likes

Beautiful choice! :blush:

2 Likes

It’s a really unexpected choice! [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] isn’t my favourite “full name” variation of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], I find it a bit cutesy, but I do like [name_f]Lili[/name_f] for them, especially with [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

4 Likes

Yeah. I saw an Instagram post about her birth announcement and comments were all about “this name after everything happened?!?”

3 Likes

I think it’s a wonderful choice! Sweet and offbeat but full of family meaning.

2 Likes

I love the tributes to [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] BUT really not a fan of the first name. It reminds me of the Littl Bits cartoon I used to watch as a kid

1 Like

It’s so lovely, and I love the meaning and thought behind it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah I was a little surprised but it sounded like they had a pretty good relationship with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] at the time of their last interview so I’m sure they talked to her about it before they chose it.

1 Like

[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is so unexpected but really lovely! Congrats to them!

2 Likes

Guys can I just say I’m so happy that we are able to have a lovely, balanced and non politicised discussion about our feelings about this name and combo. I’ve been on a few other boards to discuss the name and wow…people have been so personal and aggressive, defending and slating the name and the couple about the name choice.

This is such a lovely place in comparison :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m surprised by those who have mentioned this. [name_u]Harry[/name_u] has been clear from the start that his relationship with his grandma was unaffected by everything going on. If anything, I thought her being named after The [name_f]Queen[/name_f] would’ve made that obvious!

I can’t wait to see who [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] looks like!

4 Likes

I have to share this regarding the name :rofl: Please watch, just trust me!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeEHdAnR/

6 Likes