Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Hmm well in the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] family they often recycle all the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] names. [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] Tindall for instance, both their sons have [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] as a middle name. I think [name_u]George[/name_u] has [name_m]Louis[/name_m] as a middle name too and obviously [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_m]Williams[/name_m] third is [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

I love it so much! [name_m]Just[/name_m] beautiful :grin:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! It was completely unexpected, but such a perfect choice. :star_struck:

It’s so beautiful! [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] has been a favourite of mine for a while now since I heard it’s the Queens long time nickname.

I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] and I’ve had it on my long list forever. The fact [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] honored the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] and [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Di[/name_f] in this gorgeous name is the best they could have done! I am so happy for the [name_u]Duke[/name_u] & Duchess of Sussex. They have their perfect little family with their perfect names!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the name before. Its hard for me audibly to not hear and say Littl Bit. So much for childhood memories :confused:

It’s basically the same names as her cousin. There’s no honoring Meghan’s mom. Using Elizabeth’s nickname seems tasteless and tacky given it was a name her husband called her and there’s speculation that they didn’t get permission from her.

[name_u]Harry[/name_u] has said the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] gave them permission to use the name. They’re close with his grandmother still despite what has happened this past year so there’s no way he’d have given her the name without asking. Not to mention [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] would’ve agreed with the name before giving it to her.

The Royals share a LOT of names among each other so this isn’t anything new either.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people say they don’t like that they chose [name_f]Diana[/name_f], but I strongly disagree with that opinion. It’s an honor name, they both should be allowed to honor their mother in their children’s names. There’s no reason why [name_u]Harry[/name_u] should have to choose something else, instead of the direct honor he loves, just because his brother had a daughter first. It isn’t a first name, it’s a middle name, it doesn’t matter that they share it. I don’t keep up with most things royal related, but I knew [name_u]Harry[/name_u] would include [name_f]Diana[/name_f] in the name. I think it’s a beautiful connection that he’s given to his daughter. As I said, I don’t stay on top of most discussion about the royals, but this specific topic has bothered me so much!

4 Likes

I’m American so don’t know all of the ins and outs of the topic but I agree, it is sad. There is no reason why both brothers can’t honor their mother, who they lost at tragically young ages. It isn’t surprising that they would wish to incorporate his grandmother’s name, too, either. It isn’t uncommon amongst non-Royals at all. At the end of the day, the parents made a choice to name their daughter something meaningful to them and none of us have been flies on any walls to speak on the rest.

Also, just to note… Meghan’s mother will presumably be able to watch her grandkids grow up…they may not have chosen a name that explicitly honors her but she will get to be there…

3 Likes

I loved the name [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] before they used it so now I’m worried that it will become popular and people will only associate it with them. But it is a great choice!

1 Like