Lilibet

Is [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] too much associated with the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Family? We live in the US. It would make a great smooshed name because it honors [name_f]Lily[/name_f] on my side and [name_f]Betty[/name_f] on his side.

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I are struggling with girl names. So far, our list consists of [name_u]Arya[/name_u] (Are-ee-uh)) and [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (pronounced Tall-yuh). We both like [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] but maybe as a middle name if that works better.

[name_m]Boy[/name_m] names come easy to us. We like [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Ansel[/name_m], [name_m]Orson[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. Would they work with the girl names we like?

Thanks! Not currently TTC just planning :slight_smile:

[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is such an amazing & unexpected combo! I really, really like this.

I think [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] does have the royal family connection but your personal significance means so much more! Plus, first associations pass quickly, especially once the history is shared.

1 Like

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is beautiful. I do think [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is to royal family and you will get asked "is it after [name_f]Megan[/name_f] and Harry’s daughter etc

I love the idea of [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] as a creative way to honour loved ones! However I would probably use as a middle name to avoid any royal association. I love the idea of [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] I think that would be beautiful.

From your boys I have to say absolutely love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is very much associated with the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Family - but that might be seen as more of a statement in the UK than it would in the US - as in, it might seem ‘royalist’ and deliberate in the UK whereas in the US it might just be seen as taking inspiration?

It seems meaningful to you, has a pleasing sound and is quite distinctive!

[name_u]Arya[/name_u], [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] could would with your boy’s names. They all seem quite international.

Letty/Lettie and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] could also work to honour [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Betty[/name_f] :person_shrugging: not sure if they’re quite your style.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I live in the U.S. and couldn’t care less about the royal family, but still I find [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] to be too strong of an association. It is perfect for a middle name though. I especially like [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]. [name_u]Arya[/name_u] is not my cup of tea; mostly because it’s sort of trendy. It doesn’t sound unpleasant. Another route would be using some form of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & some form of [name_f]Betty[/name_f] as a fn/mn combo. Like [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f], etc.

[name_u]August[/name_u] is maybe my favorite from your boy list. It’s such a good balance of pretty and rugged. I really like [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] too. Especially the nn Solly; so cute! I actually know siblings named [name_f]Talia[/name_f] & [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and it kind of bugs me that their names are a bit rhyme-y.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

You can definitely use it as a first name. Since you’re only planning, by the time you have the kid the association might lessen.

[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] also works better with the boys names you like.

I don’t think many people in the US even remember that [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] was used by the royal family :slight_smile: However, it is so rare of a name that people might remember that it was if they heard it, but I don’t think that makes it not useable. I’m just thinking of my friends and family, and I think just a small handful would know if I asked.

1 Like

Also from the US. It is strongly associated but not in the sense that I would necessarily think you’re a super fan, more that I’d assume you heard the name in the news cycle and liked it as an unconventional take on Elizabeth. So yeah, you might get some questions about the royals but personally it wouldn’t overshadow the name for me. I think it’s like when someone uses a celebrity surname for a kid. I know a couple who went with Anniston. I briefly wondered if they were big Jennifer Anniston fans or if the celeb association simply drove up the name and they heard it and liked it. Usually I assume the latter.

US here- I wouldn’t worry about the Royals especially if it’s in the middle spot.
I really like the combo [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] Lilibet… with your preferred pronunciation though, I might consider [name_f]Talia[/name_f] spelling.

Good luck

I’m in the US and I definitely think [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is highly linked to [name_f]Megan[/name_f] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u]. Given all the current drama with them still making headlines I’d likely steer clear of this name in the first spot for the next few years if you’re wanting to avoid the association assumption. But in the middle it seems safe to use.

1 Like

Could you think about Lily-Bette which is slightly different sounding to [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] but I think is really pretty, like Lily-Rose etc.

I think it’s strongly associated with a certain royal family. I think it’s better in the middle for this reason. It also feels like bit like a nn.

[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f]

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

From USA and, Yes, technically it is. Since the name Lilibet was just a nickname her family had for her specifically. It has not existed otherwise. -im not a big “royal watcher” but do remember reading that as a toddler she couldn’t pronounce Elizabeth, it came out as Lilibet instead, so that’s what her parents called her. However, she is a very impressive and strong historical figure so there’s really nothing wrong with sharing the name of such a person. It’s quite an honor. But also your child’s generation may not even be familiar with its origin by the time they are old enough to give it much thought, if they even do. And in the middle name spot it definitely might not come up. I also liked the idea another person suggested of Lilibette. Or Lily-Bette. Lilibelle is cute too.
-(im referring to QEII by the way. Harry and Megan were using her childhood nickname for their daughter (not sure she was a fan)

It is fine, to be honest if spelt as “Lilibeth” or “Lilly-Bette” / “Lily-Bette” / “Lily-Beth”

This spelling though does remind me of royal family, but not in a bad or exaggerate way

It’s very associated with the royals. It was the queen’s nickname, then [name_u]Harry[/name_u] & [name_f]Megan[/name_f] named their daughter that. I think it makes sense as a lovely honor name in your case, but I’d say yes it’s 100% always going to be associated with the royals just like the name [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

As a middle name it would be beautiful, and flow with most any first name.

Maybe:

[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
Seia
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u] “Holly”
[name_m]Pryor[/name_m]
[name_u]Athens[/name_u]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhaena[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]

As a first name, I think it is pretty associated with [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and Meghan’s daughter. It might not matter now because she’s very young, but as she gets older, I can see her being the subject of a lot of media attention and tabloid speculation, like her parents. That’s something I would be wary of, personally.

As a middle name, I don’t think it’s a big deal.

1 Like