Lillia again?!

Ok, so you all are going to hate me for this, but hear me out! I recently decided on [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] for my protagonist, which I love so much! But my protagonist has evolved from being a ten year old girl to an older teenager for a YA novel, and she wasn’t even going to be protagonist, but now she is. I promise it make sense in my book (this is for my second book that I haven’t begun plotting yet, but because I should finish my first book today, I’m having a little naming crisis)!! I don’t want to change [name_f]Lillia[/name_f]’s name! I love [name_f]Lillia[/name_f], I love her mn, [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], (courtesy of @12queen!!), and I love her surname. But I’m worried it’s too cutesy for a teenager and for a YA heroine. I need your help!! I love [name_f]Lillia[/name_f]’s name so much and don’t want to change it, so I would love your thoughts, opinions, and anything you want to write. I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense. Thank you all, so much, and I promise this will be the last [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] post.

1 Like

I don’t think it is too cutesy for a teenager. You could do [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]/Lily or [name_f]Lila[/name_f], but I don’t really think it’s necessary. [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is beautiful.

1 Like

My third daughter goes by [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] (short for [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]) and we love it too. Our [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] isn’t a teen yet, but I’ve never feared it ageing poorly as a name. It’s not particularly cutesy, and some 19th century namesakes frame the name in my mind more as a young woman name than anything else.

1 Like

I don’t think it sounds to cutesy at all! [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] seems very strong to me!

1 Like

[name_f]Lillia[/name_f] isn’t too cutesy at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not too cutesy at all! And we certainly don’t hate you, the perfect name can take ages to find. I think Lillia Madeleine is a gorgeous combo and would work well on any age. Both are sweet, grounded, and classic!

P.S. Make as many Lillia posts as you like! Providing opinions on names and helping others decide on combos is a major reason why most of us are here!

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone! I’m going to stick with [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]! @midwinter, thank you. I love your name, by the way! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is gorgeous!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too cutesy, I think it just sounds beautiful. It’s a great name for a protagonist!

1 Like

I should add that our [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is the most mechanically minded of our kids. She’s the most likely to be helping her grandad mess with the engine of a car, or be building extensively with lego.

1 Like

Thank you!! That’s so sweet!!