Lillian vs Mae

See the results of this poll: Name for our little girl

Respondents: 16 (This poll is closed)

• Lillian : 5 (31%)
  • Mae: 11 (69%)

I find this a hilarious post because my name was supposed to be [name]Lily[/name] [name]Mae[/name], but it got changed to [name]Lily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. In your case, I would go with [name]Mae[/name], because since my birth [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lilly[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name] has exploded with popularity.

I prefer [name]Lillian[/name] Marsell over [name]Mae[/name] Marsell. [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mae[/name] Marsell isn’t a bad combo, that way you can use both of your favorites!

I voted [name]Mae[/name] because [name]Lillian[/name]'s so popular, but it depends a little on how you pronounce your last name. Is it mar-SELL? If so, definitely [name]Mae[/name]. If it’s [name]MAR[/name]-sell, then … well, probably still [name]Mae[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] gets stronger.

I like [name]Mae[/name] more, but only as a nickname. [name]Lillian[/name] also goes better with your last name, so that’s my pick.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mae[/name]! If you add a MN that doesn’t start with m, [name]Mae[/name] ___ Marsell sounds gorgeous!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mae[/name]! If you add a MN that doesn’t start with m, [name]Mae[/name] ___ Marsell sounds gorgeous!

I love both [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] :slight_smile: Beautiful choices!

I wasn’t sure which to vote for but ended up choosing [name]Mae[/name].

[name]Mae[/name] is probably my favourite of the two because it’s so sweet but I’m not sure if it sounds right with your last name.

[name]Lillian[/name] is gorgeous and sounds lovely with your last name but there are a ridiculous number of baby [name]Lilly[/name]'s, [name]Lily[/name]'s, [name]Lilia[/name]'s, [name]Lillian[/name]'s and [name]Liliana[/name]'s about at the moment so that kind of takes away from it’s beauty.

Have you considered a longer name like [name]Mary[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Margot[/name] with [name]Mae[/name] as a nn?

I would normally say it’s fine on it’s own, but I agree with the above poster that it depends on how your last name is pronounced.

Good luck!