Lily Ana

I love the name [name]Lily[/name], but last name starts with an L which makes it sound awkward. What do you think of [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name]? Could go by both names and just [name]Lily[/name] for short… What do you think of [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name]?

I think it’s very pretty, and I think aliteration can be quite charming, so I don’t see anything wrong with using this name with an L last name.
BUT, I think it’s awkward to use [name]Lily[/name] as the first and [name]Ana[/name] as the middle. I think it would make much more sense to just use [name]Liliana[/name] as the first name. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name] would be like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beth[/name]. [name]Liliana[/name] just looks so much more elegant and pulled together, and can still be shortened to [name]Lily[/name]. Plus, this frees you up to use another name you love in the middle.

Its ok if the last name starts with an L. And, i like [name]Lilly[/name] spelling better and I love [name]Lilly[/name] [name]Ana[/name].

I agree that if you love [name]Lily[/name] (so do I), don’t worry about your “L” last name. Alliteration can be beautiful.

Last name is one syllable… eg. [name]Lily[/name] Lo to me sounds like a bit of a tongue twister. But [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name] Lo sounds better to me. What do you prefer: [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name] Lo or [name]Liliana[/name] (middle name here) Lo?

When I heard “[name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name]” I think “[name]Lilliana[/name].” I think with a longer L last name it would be ok, but with a very short one I agree that it’s a lot of Ls all together. [name]Lily[/name] Lo to me comes out as Lih [name]Lee[/name] Low, just a string of Ls plus vowels. [name]Even[/name] if it’s Ling, or [name]Long[/name], or something else with an ending, it’s a lot of short L syllables.

BUT, I am a speech therapist, so I am a super sensitive to Ls. In public schools you typically will not start working with a child who can’t pronounce L (the second hardest letter to say, behind R) until about 3rd grade. Before then, many kids just can’t motor plan the sound. So if her name has no consonants other than Ls, she might be in big trouble until she is almost 8! At the very least, I would be prepared for her (and the rest of her preschool class) to go through a phase where her name is “Wiwwy Wo”

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Ana[/name] seems strange. Why not just [name]Liliana[/name]? It’s a beautiful name, and she won’t have to worry about having a double-barreled first name (which I hear can be a hassle).

I agree with Irisrose, [name]Liliana[/name] “[name]Lily[/name]” makes more sense.