Lily or Lila

See the results of this poll: Lily or Lila?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Lily : 20 (44%)
  • Lila: 25 (56%)

As a standalone name, I like [name]Lila[/name] better. It just seems more complete than [name]Lily[/name] does to me. I do love both, though, and as a NN, I would have a hard time deciding! (Which is probably why the spot saved for the [name]Lil[/name]- name is in a fierce stalemate between [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilibet[/name], [name]Lily[/name], or possibly even [name]Lilias[/name] or [name]Lilia[/name]…)

[name]Lila[/name]. I know far less [name]Lila[/name]'s than I do [name]Lily[/name]'s. They’re both lovely, though.

[name]Lila[/name]. [name]Lily[/name] is so lovely, but it’s very common and it’s a plant. I personally like names that aren’t too…expected. I feel that [name]Lila[/name] has that quality to it.
The only other spelling of [name]Lila[/name] I know is [name]Lyla[/name].

Thanks ladies! The poll is nearly 50/50! I still love them both! I think [name]Lila[/name] is beautiful and a great fit, but [name]Lily[/name] has a bit more sentimental value but I don’t know that I love it as much. Its so hard to decide!!

[name]Lila[/name] all the way… [name]Lily[/name] is so overdone!

[name]Lily[/name]. I don’t like [name]Lila[/name]. I do love [name]Delilah[/name] though.

So tough!!! I voted [name]Lily[/name] but could have gone either way. I am really drawn to the delicate nature of [name]Lily[/name] for some reason. I am not a fan of the trendy [name]Lila[/name] spellings but both are beautiful!

Thanks Ladies! I feel that [name]Lily[/name] is more of a classic than overdone but [name]Lila[/name] does feel fresher. I agree [name]Parker[/name] [name]Lily[/name] does have such a delicate feel that I really love…