Lily Variants...

See the results of this poll: Which Lily name do you like best?

Respondents: 76 (This poll is closed)

• Liliana : 29 (38%)
  • Lilibet : 8 (11%)
  • Lillian : 23 (30%)
  • Other: 16 (21%)

Lillium is my other favorite but I voted for [name]Lilliana[/name]!

I love the name [name]Liliana[/name]! It’s beautiful and elegant, not overly popular. And I personally love how it’s a combo of both grandmothers.

I voted other. I prefer [name]Lila[/name].

I voted for [name]Lillian[/name] but my second choice would be [name]Lila[/name].

I do love [name]Lila[/name]!

I have a few hesitations on it because a cousin has a little girl named [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and I would be using [name]Grace[/name] as a MN at some point, too, to honor another family member. We would mainly see each other at family reunions once a year (if that), but I’m still a bit cautious about it. I would think it’d be kind of awkward for there to be [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Lyla[/name]. And if I had a [name]Lila[/name] I would be tempted to just call her [name]Lila[/name]… [name]Lila[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name] seems a bit pointless to me?

I voted [name]Lilibet[/name] for the cute-factor, but [name]Liliana[/name] is lovely too and of course is honouring. Could she possibly go by [name]Lila[/name] for short, or does that defeat the object of finding a full-name for [name]Lily[/name]?!

My favourite is just [name]Lil[/name]. It’s just so sweet and spunky sounding. It was the name of a young actress in a film I watched not long ago (can’t exactly remember what) and I just fell in love with it.

I think the name [name]Eliana[/name] is quite beautiful, although it strays from the nickname [name]Lily[/name]. Another option is [name]Lilith[/name], with I think is a lovely name, despite its possible negative connotations.

@oliviasarah - oh, I know, [name]Lilibet[/name] is just so sweet and there’s something charming about her! She’s obviously more risky than my other choices, though, haha. I feel like she should probably remain a GP but I would just die if I met a little [name]Lilibet[/name], I think it’s perfect. I do love [name]Liliana[/name], though, and as I was posting I couldn’t help but remember how utterly sweet and charming and girly she is. And yes, I have considered [name]Lila[/name] as a nn for it! I actually love the idea because then it wouldn’t outright be honoring one grandmother over the other. When I posted about [name]Liliana[/name] nn [name]Lila[/name] (both on here and on another site) people thought there wasn’t enough of a connection between the two names. But yes, that’s something I would definitely consider. :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] [name]Lil[/name] is kinda cute. Here, though, it’s just slang for “little” so it doesn’t seem as sweet in actuality. It does have the same sort of vibe as [name]Liv[/name] as opposed to [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Olive[/name]/etc., though, so I can definitely see its appeal.

@jennstone - [name]Eliana[/name] is very pretty! I really cannot stand the idea of the nn [name]Ellie[/name], though, which is why I won’t even consider it, haha. I do like the name as a whole, though. And I do see [name]Lilith[/name]'s appeal but it’s negative connotations put me off a bit too much, I’m afraid! I just couldn’t use it, or even consider considering it, really, after I’ve been exposed to the stories. I feel the same way about [name]Delilah[/name], sadly.

I voted other, and my favorite forms are [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Lilian[/name]. [name]Liana[/name] names are a bit too frilly/girly to me, even though I think most of my girl names are fairly girly.

I like [name]Lilianne[/name] the best. :slight_smile: But really any [name]Lily[/name] names are great!

Other - [name]Lilia[/name] :slight_smile:

Soft, pretty, lilting and not quite as frilly as [name]Liliana[/name]. [name]Liliana[/name] is probably my second fave though.

[name]Liliana[/name] gets my vote. I remember you having [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Odette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] on your list and I thought it was so stunning and adorable! I was so excited to see that combo. And I just like the sound of -ana. I have a niece named [name]Julianna[/name] (pronounced like juliahna) and I just love calling her name. -ana names have something in them, really!

I cannot vote objectively! I love [name]Lillian[/name] the most of all [name]Lily[/name] names but for you I just love [name]Liliana[/name]. It just seems like a perfect match for you!

Definitely [name]Lillian[/name]! [name]Lilibet[/name] reminds me more of [name]Elizabeth[/name] than [name]Lily[/name] so I would not go with that one, especially since your top girls name is [name]Isabelle[/name] and that would make two of your names variants of [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Lilith[/name] is my favourite. I have a niece named [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]. We call her [name]Lily[/name] now, but when she’s older, I’m sure she’ll go by [name]Lilith[/name]. I also like [name]Lilia[/name].

@youssarian - I do like [name]Liliane[/name]! [name]Lillianne[/name]/[name]Lilianne[/name] is a bit too clunky for me but I do like the French [name]Liliane[/name] (lil-YAHN). I think [name]Liliana[/name] would probably work easiest within my circle, but I would love to meet a little [name]Liliane[/name], especially if she had an adorable little French accent!

@ljandrl - oh, yes, I do like [name]Lilia[/name]! I used the Polish variation, Lilija, in a short story I wrote last spring, so I’m not sure how usable it is to me. I like it a lot but I like the added family connection of [name]Liliana[/name]. I can’t help thinking [name]Lilia[/name] is a bit too close to other popular names like [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Livia[/name], etc., though. I sometimes wonder if she’d get mistaken for [name]Lydia[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name]…

@parisien - wow, I can’t believe you remembered that! Yes, [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Odette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is still my combo and if I changed my [name]Lily[/name] fn I really would love to keep [name]Odette[/name] paired with it. [name]Pearl[/name] honors my little sister, too, so I love it just how it is… but I just figured I would get a few more opinions. :slight_smile:

@dillonsfan01 - well, I love the classic [name]Lillian[/name], too, and since [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] honors the same grandmother as the -ana part honors, I’m not sure if I would feel like I really have to use [name]Liliana[/name] anymore. I love some of the more out-there forms of [name]Lily[/name] but I’m thinking, realistically, I would probably use [name]Liliana[/name] or [name]Lillian[/name]! It has such a classic charm.

@parkerbelle - lol, you do realize that [name]Lillian[/name] is a form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], right? So I don’t think [name]Lilibet[/name] is any worse than [name]Lillian[/name], really. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your opinions, everyone! I’m still mulling everything over so I welcome continued input/feedback. It looks like [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name] are winning for me but you all have reminded me of so many other [name]Lily[/name] names I love! Particularly [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Liliane[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]. I’ve also been thinking about [name]Lilias[/name] which I think is intriguing and striking to say the least, but probably as unappealing to the masses as I would think [name]Lilibet[/name] is… I can’t really see either being received well by my family (who already want to know why I don’t want to just go with [name]Lily[/name] instead of [name]Liliana[/name], lol).

I prefer [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Lilia[/name]/Lilija, [name]Lilika[/name] and Lilikoi to those listed, but I voted for [name]Liliana[/name].

I voted other. As far as I’m concerned [name]Lilia[/name] is the best [name]Lily[/name] variant. [name]Lilith[/name] is another favourite, but I understand peoples hesitation. [name]Liliana[/name] is lovely as well, but with [name]Lillian[/name]'s popularity it just seems too similar.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Anabel[/name] to keep the honouring in there? Or another name with an -ana ending. [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Jordana[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Morgana[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] or [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Milana[/name] for example might work.