Linden?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone - I am due with my second child later this summer. My first daughter’s name is [name]Maren[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and if this baby is a girl, one of the names we are considering is [name]Linden[/name], which is a family name (mother-in-law’s maiden name). We live in the Southeastern US, and it’s very common practice to use family names as first names here.

What are your thoughts on the name [name]Linden[/name]? Our top combo right now is [name]Linden[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but the middle name is not set in stone. Would it bother you having two names with the same ending (-en)? The only other name we can agree on right now is [name]Elle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], but it still doesn’t feel like the one.

Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] it! [name]Linden[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is really cute and the fact that it is a family name makes it special.

LBJ’s first name was Linden so to me it’s all male, I’m not sure how many people would know that though but if they do you might get asked some questions about it but I doubt it.

I love [name]Maren[/name]! I honestly see it as all male. I have a unisex name and have always hated it. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is gorgeous!

I would use [name]Linden[/name] as a mn choice because I find it matchy in sound with [name]Maren[/name]. Have you considered [name]Grace[/name] [name]Linden[/name] as a option?

[name]Love[/name] it…goes well w [name]Maren[/name]…nn [name]Lindy[/name] is super cute…I like this name better than [name]Elle[/name] for sure…just be careful not to pick a mn that starts with B as someone mentioned LBJ!

I love [name]Elle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. When I saw the post, I thought [name]Linden[/name] wasway too surnamey. I was right. I might use it as a middle name, but really prefer the feminine [name]Elle[/name].