Lindsi

I always liked this name but never the spelling ending in ‘ay’ or ‘ey’ What are opinions about this spelling?

Yooneek spellings are honestly very downmarket/unclassy, and will guarantee your child a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling. [name]Lindsay[/name] is really dated, too (1970s/80s), but nameberry is filled with wonderful suggestions for stylish names. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

It is a perpetual teenybopper from the poor part of town.

I am a stickler for the spelling [name]Lindsey[/name]. I love this name, just not this spelling.

My name is [name]Lyndsay[/name], and I was born in 1985 and there were always others around. You’re the first person I’ve heard consider this name these days, I think it’s quite dated. It’s on the “Mom Names” list in Beyond [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Aidan[/name]. I hated my name for the longest time, but I’ve come to accept it now. I still wish my mom would have named me something else, though. Honestly, I think it’s much fresher for boys. And the spelling [name]Lindsi[/name]? That’s terrible, NO ONE ever spelled my name right and I’ve got the 4th most popular spelling.

In my opinion, it seems a bit undignified, unprofessional, and immature. [name]Lindsay[/name] or [name]Lindsey[/name] has a more casual feel to begin with, so maybe dignity, professionalism, and maturity aren’t your top priorities in names, and I guess that’s okay. [name]Will[/name] it be harder for her to be taken seriously if she’s named [name]Lindsi[/name]? I don’t know. But this spelling just makes it seem silly, and sort of – this sounds offensive, but – cheap. I realize I sound rude, and I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings; this is just my honest opinion.

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate all of your honest opinions!! :slight_smile: