Linnea Claire = Linnet Eclair?

I love the combination [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but am a little worried about hearing an “eclair” (as in the pastry) in there! (I’m pronouncing it Li NAY uh, btw.)

Would this “eclair” thing bug anyone else?

Thanks!

To be honest yes, where I’m from most people (including myself) would say it an a way that sounds exactly like eclair in the middle. However, how often is anyone but you going to say the full name?

If it doesn’t bother you, go with it!

I’m kind of annoyed by it, yes. But my husband likes it, which is kind of a big, hairy deal!

Would it help if it were [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Clara[/name]?

Maybe [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be better…

I don’t think I would’ve even noticed if you hadn’t said it! It’s pretty

I have [name]Raina[/name] [name]Claire[/name] on our list.

Eclair is slightly bugging me (not as much as [name]Claire[/name] [name]Raina[/name], which runs into Clairaina, and is my DH’s preference) but Eclairs aren’t, I don’t know, colostomies or something so I think I’ll choose to ignore it.

I never would have noticed if you hadn’t mentioned it. [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is beautiful. :slight_smile:

After saying it over and over, I do hear ‘eclair’ slightly, but I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. I think it’s fine to use unless you plan on calling her by the full “[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Claire[/name]” all the time. I think [name]Claire[/name] is nicer than [name]Kate[/name] personally, but you could always break it up with another middle name? For example: [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

I do hear it, and I would have heard it, even if you hadn’t have pointed it out.

It isn’t that bad though, eclair isn’t the worst thing to hear in a name is it?!

Colostomies! You are funny!

I only noticed “eclair” because you pointed it out, but I definitely wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is beautiful!

I know a [name]Linnea[/name]! Very pretty name. You don’t use the middle name very often so I don’t think anyone would notice :slight_smile:

I don’t hear it as having “eclair” in there when I say it.

Sure, yeah- a little. But how often are you you going to say her full name? Unless she’s in trouble a lot:)