Linnéa? Opinions, nicknames and middles!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading a wonderful Swedish book series over the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] holidays, and have fallen hopelessly in love with the names in it (You may have seen my post raving over [name_u]Elias[/name_u] in the Boy’s Names Forum!)

Another one of the protagonists is called [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa, which I’d never heard before, but I think is beautiful. I’ve got quite a few questions about this one though!

1. I was wondering what you all thought about the name generally?
  2. What middle names would you pair with it? I’ve used [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] at the moment, but I’m not sure I like that…
  3. What nicknames could you use?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]! It’s similar enough to [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], [name_f]Linda[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u], etc. that it sounds familiar, but it’s still quite unusual. If you’re American, the accent mark will almost certainly be dropped, so make sure you’re okay with that. I like [name_f]Nea[/name_f] (Nay-uh) as a nickname. I’m tempted to pair it with a one syllable nature middle for some reason, like [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], etc. but [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is lovely.

While not my taste personally, I can understand the appeal of [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa. It’s romantic and unusual, and has a mellifluous quality. I would pair it with [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], or [name_f]Solenne[/name_f]. Nicknames: Néné, Léa, or Née.

I adore [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. It’s beautiful and romantic. [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is lovely. Stealing another name from your list, I also like [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] Julliet.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]

Nn will be [name_f]Linny[/name_f]/[name_f]Nea[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa. It has a lovely sound. I have read that the standard nicknames in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] are [name_f]Linn[/name_f] and [name_f]Nea[/name_f] so I suggest them.

Some combos:
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. I think it stands out well while fitting in with more traditional names, and I like it paired with traditional/classic (U.S.) middles.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

I like the nickname [name_f]Lindy[/name_f].

Sorry; double post.

I’ve never seen [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa before, but its lovely!

Though at first glance the obvious nickname might be [name_f]Linn[/name_f], I think [name_f]Leia[/name_f] would be lovely, and of course very topical at the moment.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

Nicknames; [name_f]Lea[/name_f], Neia, [name_f]Linn[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], Ninni.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] has been on my list for some time already. It’s feminine, short, unusual and elegant. I wouldn’t use a nickname for it, but it has some options ([name_u]Lynn[/name_u], [name_f]Linnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nea[/name_f]/ Neah).
I think [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa is a versatile name, you could pair with something more traditional as [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f] or [name_f]Anne[/name_f] or you could pair it with something a little bit magical like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. I prefer more intriguing choices over the “filler” middles, so here are some ideas:

[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]/ Séraphine
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Carina[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa Marinette/ [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Clemence[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

I have a cousin [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], no nickname, everyone just calls her [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. I like it, she likes it, I’ve met only one other person with that name, of her age roughly too. She’s in her 20s now.

Wow, I love so many of these pairings, everyone! Thank you so much!
My favourites are:

[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

I also love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. It has a soft vintage feel. I would pair it with a vintage or [name_m]French[/name_m] mn.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Alouette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Cossette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

I have always loved the name [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], and I love your combination of [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], incredibly lovely! I would go with that. I would not recommend using a nickname for [name_f]Linnea[/name_f].

My name is [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and went by [name_f]Linn[/name_f] when I lived in Australia. It was easier than trying to explain how to pronounce the full name.

I really like [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].

I knew a little girl named [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] who had a brother named [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]. Their parents were both scientists, so their names were so perfect! She didn’t go by a nickname, either.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f].

I am Swedish and my Grandmother is [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa [name_m]Sol[/name_m]-[name_u]Britt[/name_u] ([name_m]Sol[/name_m]-[name_u]Britt[/name_u] is also my middle name. [name_m]Sol[/name_m] means sun and my mum always told me that [name_u]Britt[/name_u] meant bright, so my middle name was sun bright.) Other Swedish names are [name_u]Britt[/name_u]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Fillippa[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] etc… Néa ([name_f]Naya[/name_f]) and [name_f]Linnie[/name_f] are the usual nick names used for [name_f]Linn[/name_f]éa in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]!!