List - looking for honesty!

We don’t share our name list with anyone…so thought this would be a very anonymous way to get absolute honest opinions - no offense will be taken, as I want to see how others take our name list. We look for unique names (actually try to avoid the trendy names) but not odd names, if that makes sense. Please let me know what you think of these, and which is or are your favourites:

• [name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a”
  • [name]Ivory[/name]
  • [name]Ivy[/name]
  • [name]Tiara[/name]
  • [name]Jovie[/name]
  • [name]Delia[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cordelia[/name], but just shortened to [name]Delia[/name])
  • [name]Scout[/name]

Thanks!

I’m not really a fan of the first four, however, I could see them being really cute on a little girl. I just don’t know how well any of them will age.

[name]Nala[/name] - too much association with the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name], in my mind.

[name]Ivory[/name] - Soap. It’s all soap to me.

[name]Ivy[/name] - Very classic and spunky, just not my style, and I cannot see a teen or woman with this name.

[name]Tiara[/name] - I knew a woman by this name, and thought it sounded a little juvenile. Sorry! :frowning:

My favorites, by far are your last three:

[name]Jovie[/name] - This one is beautiful as well as fun and carefree.

[name]Delia[/name] - So feminine and gorgeous. Ages well and has some adorable nicknames!

[name]Scout[/name] - Familiar, yet different at the same time. And TKAM is one of my all-time favorite books!

Good luck!

[name]Honesty[/name] we can deliver:

• [name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a” – Yes, all [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]

• [name]Ivory[/name] – Yes, all soap

• [name]Ivy[/name] – I love this name – it’s both simple and distinctive, great combination.

• [name]Tiara[/name] – Absolutely no.

• [name]Jovie[/name] – I’m on the fence about this one. Feels invented and a bit slight, though has an attractive sound.

• [name]Delia[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cordelia[/name], but just shortened to [name]Delia[/name]) – Like this, second to [name]Ivy[/name].

• [name]Scout[/name] – [name]Scout[/name] is cute, but in my opinion, too cute. To Kill A Mockingbird and [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Willis[/name]/[name]Demi[/name] [name]Moore[/name].

I agree completely with [name]Pam[/name]. I love [name]Ivy[/name], it is classic and elegant with a touch of uniqueness and spunk, just what any girl would want, right? [name]Delia[/name] is cute, but I actually like [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] better. I personally think an ideal combination would be [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]…

Oh, [name]Nala[/name] and [name]Scout[/name] don’t seem to original to me because of [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]'s daughter, [name]Nahla[/name] [name]Ariela[/name], and [name]Demi[/name] [name]Moore[/name]'s daughter, [name]Scout[/name]. [name]Ivory[/name] is a soap brand, and [name]Tiara[/name] is a crown. In less you want a spoiled princess for a daughter (in a bad way), I’d say no to that name…

[name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a”: I think of The [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] and [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]'s daughter.

You may also like:

[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]

[name]Ivory[/name]: Soap.

You may also like:

[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Ivy[/name]: I love the name [name]Ivy[/name]! I think it’s elegant yet sweet. This is my favorite on your list, by far. :slight_smile:

You may also like:

[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (first name)
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

[name]Tiara[/name]: A crown, and not very classy to me.

You may like:

[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

[name]Jovie[/name]: This feels invented to me, and like a nickname.

You may like:

[name]Joelle[/name]
[name]Joely[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] (nn [name]Vivi[/name])

[name]Delia[/name]: I think this is pretty, but I prefer [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name]. (I love [name]Ivy[/name] more, though.) :slight_smile:

You may also like:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]

[name]Scout[/name]: I think of boy scout, girl scout, and [name]Scout[/name] [name]Willis[/name], [name]Bruce[/name]'s daughter.

You may also like:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Okay, honestly:

[name]Nala[/name]: Doesn’t appeal to me at all…
[name]Ivory[/name]: I really don’t like it. It’s a soap/rock/color
[name]Ivy[/name]: Beautiful! I love [name]Ivy[/name]!
[name]Tiara[/name]: It’s a type of crown, really not a name.
[name]Jovie[/name]: Only as a nickname for [name]Giovanna[/name] or something…
[name]Delia[/name]: I love this name!
[name]Scout[/name]: Kind of ridiculous as a first name… maybe as a nickname.

I absolutely love [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Delia[/name]; they’re both some of my favorites. The rest I don’t like at all.

My opinions:

• [name]Nala[/name]: I don’t like [name]Nala[/name], but it might be because it’s a friend’s cat’s name, so I just associate it with that.
  • [name]Ivory[/name]: I don’t like [name]Ivory[/name], because I have a lot of negative associations with the word because of ivory trading and elephants getting poached.
  • [name]Ivy[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. I would use it tomorrow. I just think it’s so elegant and pretty.
  • [name]Tiara[/name]: I [name]Tiara[/name], but it’s a bit Disney princess to me. I prefer the similar-sounding [name]Chiara[/name].
  • [name]Jovie[/name]: Not my style. I think it sounds like a nickname, but not sure to what. I prefer [name]Jolie[/name].
  • [name]Delia[/name]: I prefer [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Delia[/name] feels a little dated to me.
  • [name]Scout[/name]: I actually like [name]Scout[/name]. It’s cute. But I do think of [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Demi[/name].

No surprise, but for me the absolute winner is [name]Ivy[/name]! Good luck!

• [name]Nala[/name] - I just can’t get over the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] connection. But if that connection doesn’t bother you, it’s a pretty sound.

• [name]Ivory[/name] - Yep, it’s a soap.

• [name]Ivy[/name] - [name]Ivy[/name] is a lovely name. It’s cute and spunky as well as being feminine.

• [name]Tiara[/name] - No

• [name]Jovie[/name] - I read a book with a [name]Jovi[/name] in it. I really like the sound of it.

• [name]Delia[/name] - I prefer [name]Cordelia[/name]. To be honest though, I don’t like this one as much as everyone else seems to. It’s one of those names I just can’t seem to like.

• [name]Scout[/name] - I don’t like this one. I think it would be difficult to live with.

Of all of them, I like [name]Ivy[/name] the best. I think [name]Jovie[/name] is my second favorite just because I like the sound.

I’m going to have to agree with what several other posters have said. [name]Ivy[/name] is gorgeous- classic but with plenty of character. [name]Delia[/name] is nice. I don’t like the others for the same reasons as the pps.
[name]Just[/name] one further point on [name]Ivy[/name]. I think it is a beautiful name but I do think it will become more popular (so it isn’t ‘unique’ if that is what you are looking for) :slight_smile:

HMMM… [name]IVY[/name], [name]SCOUT[/name], [name]DELIA[/name]… NOT SO…
I KNEW A [name]DELIA[/name], YEAH, NOT SO…
[name]IVORY[/name] SOUNDS ALOT BETTER!
TAKE CHANCES! (:

Here my honest opinion

[name]Nala[/name]: Like the name, but my cat is called “[name]Nahla[/name]”, that’s why I
wouldn’t call my daughter [name]Nala[/name]

[name]Ivory[/name]: Sounds too masculine for me

[name]Ivy[/name]: Nice name, [name]Isla[/name] would also be similar to [name]Ivy[/name]…

[name]Tiara[/name]: Prefer [name]Chiara[/name]

[name]Jovie[/name]: Nice name too, maybe a perfect second name?!?

[name]Delia[/name]: That’s also a cute name, but I would call her [name]Cordelia[/name] nn
[name]Delia[/name]…

[name]Scout[/name]: Is again too masculine for me…

What do you think of [name]Isla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (very similar to [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jovie[/name]…)

[name]Nala[/name]: I too think [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] or [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]. But, [name]Halle[/name]'s daughter is gorgeous and I think it’s a very pretty name, so if those things don’t bug you then it could be a good choice.

[name]Ivory[/name]: It has a pretty sound but I don’t think it’s the best “word” name choice.

[name]Ivy[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this. Very pretty.

[name]Tiara[/name]: Gives me a “spoiled princess” thing. Like naming your child… [name]Jermajesty[/name], LOL, sorry couldn’t help myself.

[name]Jovie[/name]: Never heard this before and not sure I like it for a girl.

[name]Delia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this! Sweet and feminine, but spunky too.

[name]Scout[/name]: I don’t think this ages well. I love the book and I think it’s an adorable nn, but past the age of 5 I just don’t think it works as a proper name.

I like [name]Delia[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Scout[/name]. My only issue with [name]Scout[/name] is that that’s a hard name to carry as an adult-what if she wants to be a C.E.O.? But I def. like them.

[name]Delia[/name] is nice, not a fan of the others.

• [name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a”)
    All I can think of is the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name].

• [name]Ivory[/name]
    With the current trend for [name]Avery[/name], you might get some “No, [name]Ivory[/name]” moments.

• [name]Ivy[/name]
    [name]Love[/name] this name. It’s always on my shortlists, can never convince dh to go for it though!

• [name]Tiara[/name]
    FYI - There is a character in High School Musical 3 named [name]Tiara[/name]…says me who has a daughter [name]Gabriella[/name]!

• [name]Jovie[/name]
    Makes me think of Jehovah’s Witnesses, or Juvie, as in Juvenile [name]Hall[/name], where the naughty children go…

• [name]Delia[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cordelia[/name], but just shortened to [name]Delia[/name])
    There is a famous chef in the UK with this name who is so well known that she enjoys single name status…you know, like [name]Madonna[/name] - well sort of.

• [name]Scout[/name]
    Cute on a puppy, but I prefer [name]Scott[/name] for a human.

Thanks for sharing your names.

• [name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a”- as a nn, it would be adorable but I think it needs something stronger and with more character as a basis for the nn.

• [name]Ivory[/name]- don’t like this one…much prefer [name]Ivy[/name]

• [name]Ivy[/name]- love [name]Ivy[/name]! so beautiful!

• [name]Tiara[/name]- I could see this one a little girl but it’s too cutesy later in life. I couldn’t imagine myself taking very seriously a woman named [name]Tiara[/name]. [name]Tia[/name], [name]Tiana[/name] or Tialie (pronounced TEE-uh-[name]LEE[/name]) are alternative possibilities you might like.

• [name]Jovie[/name]- is it an nn for something?

• [name]Delia[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cordelia[/name], but just shortened to [name]Delia[/name])- it would be a cute nn

• [name]Scout[/name]: To me, this is more of a dog’s name

My favorite is [name]Ivy[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] I helped!!

• [name]Nala[/name]: don’t like because of the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name], and the pronounciation is very confusing and will cause problems.
  • [name]Ivory[/name]: nice…I can’t figure out what gets me with this name, I just like [name]Ivy[/name] better. [name]Ebony[/name]?
  • [name]Ivy[/name]: [name]Love[/name]!
  • [name]Tiara[/name]: I don’t really like it because it’s also a word. What about [name]Tiana[/name], or [name]Christiana[/name] nicknamed [name]Tiana[/name]?
  • [name]Jovie[/name]: seems too much like a nickname
  • [name]Delia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it! I think it works as either a name by itself or a nickname for [name]Cordelia[/name] (which I also love).
  • [name]Scout[/name]: I can’t see an adult woman with this name

So, my favorites are [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Delia[/name] (possibly [name]Cordelia[/name]). Good luck whatever you choose!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jovie[/name], [name]Delia[/name], and [name]Scout[/name]!!

I think even if other people associate names with something, if you don’t, then it’s all good :wink:

• [name]Nala[/name] (pronounced “N-ALL-a”: I really like this. [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] used it for her daughter and it is SO cute. I think it’s time this name was taken past the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]
  • [name]Ivory[/name]: I think this would be a horrible name
  • [name]Ivy[/name]: I’m not much of a fan- I prefer [name]Eve[/name] if you’re going for that sound
  • [name]Tiara[/name]: don’t like at all
  • [name]Jovie[/name]: i’ve never heard of this- cute
  • [name]Delia[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cordelia[/name], but just shortened to [name]Delia[/name]): I would love for it to be [name]Cordelia[/name], nn [name]Delia[/name]. Very cute
  • [name]Scout[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name], has such great references and meaning- so cute but also substantial

my favorites, in order: [name]Scout[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Nala[/name], [name]Jovie[/name]
not a fan of the rest, sorry :slight_smile:

My favorites are [name]Jovie[/name], [name]Scout[/name], and [name]Nala[/name]”but there are some drawbacks. [name]Jovie[/name] sounds a little like Juvie”as in Juvenile [name]Hall[/name]. [name]Scout[/name] has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, but I can”t bring myself to use it because of the association with [name]Demi[/name] [name]Moore[/name]. [name]Nala[/name] always reminds me of the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] ” but that could be a cute thing!

[name]Delia[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are not my favorites, but they”re just fine. I don”t think [name]Tiara[/name] would age well…it”s a little too cutesy. I would definitely not use [name]Ivory[/name] because of the soap, and also because some people may view this name as ”white supremacist”.

If it were me, I’d probably go with [name]Nala[/name].