Literary Siblings - Lyra and Ender

What are your favorite literary names that are unusual/unique but also useable and not too absurd?

We have an Ender [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and a [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f], and we’re always on the lookout for the perfect name for future baby #3!

My current favorites are:

• Fawkes ([name_m]Fox[/name_m]) but we can’t use it as a first name because our last name starts with an S
  • [name_u]Poe[/name_u] (seems too dark)
  • [name_u]Puck[/name_u] (sounds a lot like fuuuu…)
  • [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] (as a middle name)
  • [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] (also love the name [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] but it’s not really literary)
  • [name_m]Quill[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gawain[/name_m] (as a middle name)

I think [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] is very nice. Is it a [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] reference?

Some literary names I could think of:
[name_m]Draco[/name_m]
[name_u]Amory[/name_u]
[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]/[name_m]Gatsby[/name_m]
[name_m]Herbert[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
Mercutio
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]

Yes, [name_m]Inigo[/name_m]'s literary connection is The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f]. I think I like it because it sounds like [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], which I love.

I loooove [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], and my husband and I have it on a list of names we like, but my name starts with a C and we are going for all unique initials (I come from a family with 90% C names… It drove me crazy because we couldn’t initial anything).

Your suggestions are great!! I really like them, thank you! Let me know if you think of any others.

[name_m]Inigo[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] would be nice, or [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Poe[/name_u]!

Some others

[name_m]Pip[/name_m]
[name_u]Quincey[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennet[/name_m]
[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]

I’n in love with your daughter’s name! Both her first and middle bring to mind two of my favorite literary characters.

From your current list I love [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_m]Inigo[/name_m]!

Some literary names I’m fond of:
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
Banarby
[name_m]Klaus[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Sumner[/name_m]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Algernon[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
Atreyu
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_m]Yorick[/name_m]