Little Girl's Name?

Trying to come up with a name for my character’s daughter. Family is very music/theater-oriented, but I’m trying to avoid rather cliche names like [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], and [name_u]Harmony[/name_u]. So far I’ve gone for more subtle references to music (her brother’s name is [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_u]Michel[/name_u], a famous composer as well as a reference to [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables). I’ve only really found [name_f]Belle[/name_f], which is nice, but I’m not sure. I’ve also though about [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]-not music related, but theater with [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. Only problem is, other brother’s name is [name_m]Erik[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m], and I’m concerned [name_m]Julius[/name_m] is too similar to [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

Can anyone help? This has been bugging me for a while.

Some acting / theatre / musical related choices…
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] (ballet - [name_f]Swan[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u])
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] ([name_u]Monroe[/name_u], as well as Blood Brothers theatrical reference)
[name_f]Roxie[/name_f] (theatre - Chicago)

Names invented by [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]:
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamora[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Names associated with [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]:
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]

the moment i saw little girls name, juliette/juliet popped to my head, and I’m kind of dissapointed that without’nt work. Names that I though otherwise are [name_m]Emile[/name_m], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I love your characters’ names!! :slight_smile: I did my best to gather musical names for you, so I hope it helps in one way or another! :smiley:

[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Fifer[/name_u]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Demi[/name_f]
[name_f]Louella[/name_f]
[name_u]Angel[/name_u]
Tamber
[name_f]Rona[/name_f] {means song in Hebrew}
[name_u]Brio[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]

Good luck, and happy writing!!! :smiley:

• [name_f]Marie[/name_f] O’[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

Thank you to everyone who’s replied so far, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]: yeah, I love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] too-it was the first name that popped into my head when trying to come up with a name. I am revamping some character names (like this girl’s name was one point was [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], but I decided it was too cliche to use long-term), so I may change [name_m]Erik[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m] to fit in [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is there are few better options.

[name_f]Marie[/name_f]: Aw, thank you! Funnily enough one of the names you mentioned is the last name of another character ([name_f]Lark[/name_f]) :slight_smile: From your list, I really like [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]. Its musical and very lovely, so I’m definitely considering it, thanks! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] actually reminds me of Julliard, the music school in [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m]. I know very little about the school, but it could also connect to that. I don’t think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and [name_m]Erik[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m] is that big of a deal.