little Lilia begs for brother's name, please:)!

Dear Ladies and Gents:)! Once upon a time you’ve helped me greatly with my third’s name - she is [name]Bronwen[/name] [name]Orla[/name] (sibling for Caoilinn and [name]Niall[/name]) and it’s a extremely perfect choice. Now my beloved younger sister has a sibling dilemma, can you help?
My beloved little niece’s name is [name]Lilia[/name], and now they are expecting a boy (due in 4 weeks), and asked me for help (as they’re in love with my little’s names:)). They think about (after narrowing the list):
[name]Errol[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Hume[/name]
[name]Ellington[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]'s (my sister) fiancee is scottish - that’s why [name]Errol[/name], [name]Hume[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name] are seriously considered. What do you think? Which one is the prettiest and makes the perfect match? Maybe you have any ideas of a classy and modern scottish-origin name? We all would be extremely glad.

[name]Hi[/name] there! [name]How[/name]'ve you been? :slight_smile: I think that [name]Lilia[/name] is such a beauutiful name! :slight_smile:

[name]Errol[/name]: I first think of [name]Errol[/name] [name]Flynn[/name], and after that, Error comes to mind.
[name]Clyde[/name]: I think this name is so handsome, and I love its offbeat charm.
[name]Hume[/name]: I first think of [name]Hume[/name] [name]Cronyn[/name], and after that, I think of fumes.
[name]Ellington[/name]: I think of [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name], but I like this the best out of the names with famous ties. That said, I can better see [name]Clyde[/name] with [name]Lilia[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m voting for [name]Clyde[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love Scottish names so much!

She may also like:

[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]

Best wishes to both of your families! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Clyde[/name] the best although I also like [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Malcolm[/name]. I think they both go nicely with [name]Lilia[/name].

I prefer [name]Clyde[/name] of the original list but second the suggestions of [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], or [name]Alastair[/name] as even better!

I think I might be alone here, but I really like [name]Errol[/name]!
I just think it’s so charming; I picture a soft-spoken and polite man who doesn’t realize just how handsome he is!

I don’t like any of the original list but any of [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions would be lovely.

[name]Owen[/name], [name]Andrew[/name] & [name]Rafferty[/name] spring to mind as nice names with [name]Lilia[/name].

yesterday and day before I was trying to leave a reply, but was too sleepy to remember what to write:). Sometimes I think my 2 months old daughter is a new kind of human and doesn”t need to sleep at all”

[name]Jill[/name] ” thanks for all good wishes, and for sharing my opinion ” when I hear ”[name]Hume[/name]” I can ONLY think about [name]Hume[/name] [name]Cronyn[/name] - now I know that”s not just my personal obsession. I”m totally in love with [name]Dashiell[/name] and so is my sister (she was really surprised she didn”t think about it before:))and now it”s on the top of the list!

Jlm ” you”re not alone as I love [name]Errol[/name] too, even more after you wrote about the bearer of this name in such lovely way.

Now I think I”ll vote for [name]Clyde[/name] knowing I”m not alone thinking it”s a good choice, as you liked it most.

[name]Lilia[/name] is the name of our great-grandmother (her sisters were [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Amarylis[/name]). She was some kind of a family heroin - the first female doctor in her hometown, left a widow with five kids at 30. It was clear for me and my sister to honor her this way ” [name]Martha[/name] was the first to have a girl, so she won:), but now we realize how hard is to choose any name matching this retro choice - that”s why your post are so helpful. Thanks!

My writing is a bit chaotic, but I hope you”ll forgive a mother of three under the age of 7:)

Might they consider using a Scottish name as a middle name? [name]Lilia[/name] is English, and while it isn’t at all necessary to choose one for her brother that is also English, there are some excellent options!

[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Beauregard[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ferguson[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

Not sure what [name]Lilia[/name]'s middle name is, but here are some great Scottish options!

Affleck
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Carlisle[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Frasier[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Taggart[/name]

Some of my favorite combinations with [name]Lilia[/name] are [name]Anderson[/name] [name]Frasier[/name] “[name]Andy[/name]”, [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Taggart[/name] “[name]Ben[/name]”, [name]Eliot[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] “[name]Eli[/name]”, [name]Ferguson[/name] Affleck “[name]Fergus[/name]”, and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] “[name]Ollie[/name]”.

[name]Lemon[/name] - you’re great, all these names are so charming. My sister’s now in panic (as the time is running out:)), but [name]Archibald[/name] is really wonderful option.
[name]Lilia[/name]'s middle names are [name]Carson[/name] (our grandma’s name) [name]Helen[/name] ([name]David[/name]'s - my sister’s fiancee - mom’s name) . [name]Carson[/name] is unisex, so it may be a younger brother’s middle name too. What do you thik?

Thanks for the compliment, and I’m sorry your sister is starting to panic! Tell her to relax - we will definitely help her find the perfect name!

I have a soft spot for [name]Archibald[/name] because I love the nickname [name]Archie[/name] - so playful and cute, but serious at the same time! Did she like the idea of a Scottish middle name?

So, [name]Lilia[/name] is [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Helen[/name] LASTNAME, correct? And, does she always go by [name]Lilia[/name], or is she sometimes called [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] or something? I’m just trying to assess whether or not it would be best to have a name with a nickname option or not.

I think your sister could definitely repeat [name]Carson[/name] with this baby boy, but I also have another idea! [name]Helen[/name] is a Greek name meaning “light,” and the name [name]Lux[/name] is a unisex Greek name also meaning “light” - I think it could be a cute way to tie the names together without overtly using the same name. Then she could use a three-syllable Scottish name to even out the syllables with [name]Lilia[/name]'s name. For example:

[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Alistair[/name] [name]Lux[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Lux[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Gillespie[/name] [name]Lux[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] McIntyre [name]Lux[/name]

This is obviously dependent on the name sounding nice with your sister’s last name…

Or, she could repeat two middle names ending in N, as in [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Helen[/name], using a Scottish name and perhaps a Greek name for [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Carson[/name] again…

[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Ian[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]

[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] [name]Stephen[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Ian[/name] [name]Damon[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Jason[/name]

Again, dependent on the flow with the last name…

[name]Do[/name] any of these options appeal to your sister and her fiance?

oh my God, [name]Lennox[/name] is really good, too:). too many sexy names in one moment. [name]Lilia[/name] & [name]Lennox[/name] - it’s really incredible, what do you think?

I’ve always liked [name]Lennox[/name] - usually more as a middle name, but it is a great first name, too! Some people say it reminds them of [name]Lenox[/name] china, but I think that is a bit odd…

I love [name]Dashiell[/name] so much (the [name]Dash[/name] nn, too), and am happy they like it! :slight_smile:

I’ve never personally been a fan of initial themes, so between [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Lennox[/name], I personally like [name]Lilia[/name] better with [name]Dashiell[/name].

([name]Lennox[/name] does remind me of [name]Lenox[/name] china, which makes sense to me, as [name]Lenox[/name] and [name]Lennox[/name] sound the same, and I see my china plates daily.)
:slight_smile:

Is she still considering [name]Cronyn[/name], or does she not think of [name]Hugh[/name]?

I can’t wait to hear what she chooses!

Best wishes! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Clyde[/name] with [name]Lilia[/name]!
Best of luck to your sister and her fiancee :slight_smile:

What a fantastic story about your ggmother!
I think [name]Dashiell[/name] is perfect. I really like [name]Archibald[/name] too (or just [name]Archie[/name]). I personally prefer either of these two to [name]Lennox[/name] or the names on the original list.
Good luck to your sister!

[name]Jill[/name] - I don’t like initial themes myself (another thing in common:)), so as my soon-to-be brother-in-law is [name]David[/name] I have a bit of doubt with [name]Dashiell[/name], but my sister was so enthusiastic I couldn’t resist - in the end, it’s her choice, I am only advicing. The same with [name]Lennox[/name] - if she accepts it, I would be happy and proud, no matter of the double ‘l’.

she also loved [name]Lemon[/name]'s idea of making [name]Carson[/name] a little boy’s middle too (thanks, hugs and kisses:))), so, the tiny man will be named (? - [name]Clyde[/name]? [name]Archibald[/name]? [name]Dashiell[/name]? other are less possible, but [name]Errol[/name] and [name]Lennox[/name] are still considered) [name]Carson[/name] [name]Melville[/name] ([name]Melville[/name] is [name]David[/name]'s father, to match [name]Helen[/name], his mother’s name, in [name]Lilia[/name]'s set).

I must admitt, we two still like [name]Hume[/name] (and I still think of [name]Hume[/name] [name]Cronyn[/name], but keep it in secret, because [name]Martha[/name] is nervous anyway:))

Thanks really a lot for your help - it’s really wonderful to share opinion with someone, who’s not a relative so is objective . Now, my family considers me official name advisor - I should tell them, that ideals are not only my own:).
Name-advisor is my new work:)

Oh, and what about [name]Romeo[/name]? I must be a devil to add a new suggestion so late, but I just think [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Romeo[/name] sound so wonderful together, going up-and-down the same way, if that makes any sense.

Good luck to your sister! I hope her name confusion is over soon and she finds a name she loves! (And by the way, congratulations on [name]Lilia[/name]! What a beautiful choice!)

[name]Lilia[/name] is my all-time favorite girls’ name! I have only ever met one [name]Lilia[/name], and I hope your little niece loves her name. I’ve always thought that [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] would be great sibling names. Out of the choices on the list, I love [name]Ellington[/name]. I think it sounds like a prince. I think that [name]Clyde[/name] goes well with [name]Lilia[/name] as well. [name]Clyde[/name] [name]Ellington[/name] sounds nice. I prefer:
[name]Ellington[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Hume[/name]
in that order. I do not care for [name]Errol[/name].

poor [name]Errol[/name]:slight_smile: - almost all of we, girls, liked it but aren’t sure to support it, despite all [name]Erroll[/name]'s retro charm and it’s sweet associations.
Fof sweet & retro & jazzy cool with a bit of a bad boy feeling - [name]Clyde[/name] is definitely one we prefer. Aristocratic [name]Archibald[/name] and upper-sphere-too [name]Dashiell[/name] were loved too, but not too easierly acceplable. I think we’ll have more than one inspiring discussion in my family - and - I hope so - also here:)

[name]Annie[/name] - [name]Romeo[/name] is really really lovely! - but I think, too avantgarde for my english-grown-up sis and her scottish fiancee, as they’ve planned something scottish or - exclusively - classic english. But I’m dreaming about a fourth baby, so you’re choice is being written down:).
All you wonderful, helpful girls: we think little boy will be [name]Clyde[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] (to match [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Helen[/name]) BUT my mom just came through the name [name]Dalziel[/name] and is absolutely fascinated. What do you think about [name]Dalziel[/name]? Does it match anything? To make things worse, my sister’s fiancee thinks [name]Errol[/name] [name]Carson[/name] Dashiel sounds better:). Poor woman would die of uncertainty (I can still remember me 9-months pregnant, running around in panic, without a name:))