Little Man is here and we can't decide on his name... Help!

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] that one. Works well for a child or adult of any age. Doesn’t need a nickname. Goes well with other sib names, especially [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and classic, but not overused right now. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the I.V. initials. I just love everything about it.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] for you! I think it’d be sweet to tie in the [name_u]Alex[/name_u] name for your little one who has so affectionately named the baby; [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] would be an amazing combo! I think stylistically [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] fits in best with the siblings too. Although [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] is a handsome combo too and I adore the IV connection, it’d definitely be my second choice for you both, but [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is the name that feels perfect to me!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]

1 Like

I think the idea behind [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] is very clever - signifying the fourth child in a cool way.
If [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] has been your favourite and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] seems more like a middle name contender, maybe [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] could work?

I’d say don’t use [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] if nicknames bother you. He will be nicknamed [name_u]Gus[/name_u] or [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] by somoene in the nursery / daycare /school eventually.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] are really strong names and nowdays only a small procentage of babies get top 10 /top 20 names, it’s not like in the fifties anymore. If [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] has come back to your list really strongly and you feel it, don’t worry - he won’t be one of 3 in the class.

Overall my favourites are [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] and [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but I say if [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] strongly feels like your son’s name, use it.

1 Like

Not sure if this is relevant for you but would Alexander set off Alexa devices? I’d be hesitant to name a child anything close to Siri or Alexa these days given all the devices that similar sounding names would set off.

In terms of your other names, I like Benjamin best. The same would apply to Benjamin as Augustine though - do you like Ben or Benji since he’ll most likely develop a nickname over time? And (coming from a New York perspective) I don’t see Benjamin as being too popular. It’s classic. The names Max, Jackson/Jack, Theodore/Teddy and Oliver are really popular whereas names like Benjamin or Daniel (for example) are classics that still get used but not such that there will be 5 of them in class.

Otherwise I like Augustine and Isaac Victor.

Good luck!

1 Like

I love both [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. They go great with your other kids’ names. I wouldn’t worry about popularity if you both love [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. Also, I think [name_m]Benji[/name_m] is such a cute nickname.

Thank you all SO much!! So many thoughtful and very helpful insights and suggestions! You’ve all helped me fall even more in love with the names and I’m happy that we really can’t go wrong with any of them :blush: Now we just need to finally decide!

Today is the the deadline we’ve given ourselves to finalize it … so update to come soon!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what we’ve been wondering about [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], though now it seems that he’s rising to the top again :slight_smile:

I love Ivan!! Definitely our style… so much so that unfortunately that was the name of our beloved dog who passed away last year. So [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] is forever taken by him :blush: I love the idea of using a name with IV built in - that’s brilliant!

Our cat is [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] :joy: We loved the name but it doesn’t work with our last name.

Let us all know what you choose!

Oh it’s [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] for me! Brothers [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] sounds like a force!! I think it’s a perfect fit
Good luck

What did you decide? [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_m]Aleksandr[/name_m] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

Thanks again SO much to everyone for all of your help!! I can’t tell you how many times we read and re-read your comments and appreciated your insights so much!

In the end, it took us way longer to name him than we expected, and it’s still growing on us because it was hard to let go of some names. But in the end, he just needs one actual name :joy:

He’s Aleksander Blaise Ernest Hugo, and we’re calling him Blaise (though maybe he’ll end up being Aleksander… we’ll see!)

Blaise was by far the most challenging of our kids to name! In the end, Blaise was the name we’d loved throughout the pregnancy and had great memories and associations already built in.

Since he was born in September, I wanted a name that felt like autumn and Blaise reminds me of the beautiful fall colors and campfires in the crisp air. We love the history, faith connection, and the stories of both St. Blaise and Blaise Pascal, as well as Blaise in Arthurian legend. All four of our kids have subtle, but interesting, place names so Blaise has Blaise Castle in England (and several places in France).

Since his brother called him Alex for so long before he was born, we had to include Aleksander, with this spelling to reflect his Czech half. We liked the flow of Aleksander Blaise and those will be a double first name.

We really considered using our favorite names, Benjamin and Isaac as middles, but at the last minute we decided he needed family names. Ernest and Hugo are his great-grandfathers, who both hold very special places in our hearts and did amazing things in their lives. We wanted him to have strong men to help guide him through life, so he got four names in the end!

He was very almost Benjamin, a name I’ve loved the longest, but since he’s our “Benjamin of the family,” we can call him Benji as a nickname too!

2 Likes

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is terrific. I love the faith connection and meaning in the name choice for you.