Little one still needs a name!

Hello, berries! It’s my second thread on this subject because apparently, the more I try to decide, the more confused and indecisive I get. I made a thread not too long ago about a name for baby #2. I talked about how much I love repeating sounds (and gave some actors whose names I like as examples, like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m], [name_u]Corey[/name_u] Cott and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Lobo) and the options we had, I got some AMAZING suggestions and also thought of new ones on my own, now I really need your help. Our daughter is called [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u], we had [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] on our list. We dropped [name_f]Claire[/name_f] thanks to everyone’s opinions, you’re all right though, it’s too close! And we left [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] for [name_f]Ella[/name_f], still not sure of this one though. Here are some of your new options:

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]: It’s still too close do [name_f]Kara[/name_f], I’m aware of that, but growing with friends called [name_f]Julia[/name_f] who had a sister name [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] who had [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] as a brother, I don’t think it’s a problem for us. Specially because they are not too similar, like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Kara[/name_f] are. Plus, there are a bunch of nicknames you can take out of it, something I can not do with [name_f]Kara[/name_f] because it’s pretty short. [name_f]Kat[/name_f], Kath, [name_f]Kathy[/name_f], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] and so many more options. And [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] has been one of my favorite names for a very long time. Catherine is also an option.
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]: It’s still here. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is a very simple and sweet name, it also has four letters, it’s short, she won’t have a problem with pronounciation and spelling and, at least for me, they are alike, but not too much.
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]: I love this one! Thanks, roseofjune for the amazing suggestion! Still not 100% sure of this one, though, I have family outside of the country who don’t speak english at all and the pronounciation might be very different, not like it’s too much of a problem though, the beauty of this name makes up for a few confusions. Mine is pronounced differently in both places and I never had a problem with it.
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f]/[name_f]Maya[/name_f] are also options but we are not even close to 80% sure of these ones.
Chloe is an old time favorite of mine as well, husband is still not 100% sure of this one, but I would love to hear from you anyway.

Our no-no’s list (for personal reasons, we love these names, but they just won’t work for us):
[name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Samara[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Larissa[/name_f], [name_f]Karen[/name_f].

These are my choices and the ones I’m stuck with. I got SO MANY AMAZING ideas from you guys, I selected my favorites, showed to my husband, he selected his favorites out of mine and then we just stopped and said the names out loud, little [name_f]Kara[/name_f] even had her opinion considered (she wants a little [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]!) and these are the ones we are considering now. Many names are now on my list of favorite ones but don’t sound like my kid, so they didn’t make this list. Oh, in case you were wondering, our last name is pronounced exactly like the name [name_u]Skyler[/name_u], we’ve had some problem with it before, so just to warn you in case you didn’t know. Thank you so much for your time and your help is very much appreciated!

It sounds like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is your favorite. I don’t think it’s too similar to [name_f]Kara[/name_f], and I think they seem like sister names. If it’s your favorite, I’d go for it. It’s a lovely, classic name.

I really like all the other names on your list too, though I think [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] are my favorites.

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] remind me of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Leah[/name_f], I don’t know if you’ve already vetoed those.

Congratulations and good luck!

To be honest, it is. LOL But not my husband’s favorite so we have that, same thing with [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] (the problem with this one is popularity). [name_f]Lila[/name_f] was on my list, he didn’t like it though. Didn’t consider [name_f]Leah[/name_f], love it! Thank you so much.

My favourite is [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]. I think it goes lovely with [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. My second is [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], which I don’t think is too close to [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. I love the nickname possibilities with [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] too.

Thank you! I love the ones you have on your list!

I agree with [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is also my favorite along with [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. The nicknames are great for the second.

I also like Lyra or Katherine for you - it sounds like they’re your favourites. I don’t think the pronunciation of Lyra will be a problem. Your family will learn. Others in their country might pronounce it differently, but I don’t really think that’s a problem unless you dislike the alternative pronunciation.
I imagine Katherine will be pronounced a little bit differently in non English-speaking countries too, but I also don’t think that will be a bad thing.

I think I prefer the spelling Catherine with sister Kara - it still gives those repeated sounds you like, without being matchy.
I also feel like the C- spelling gives a few more nickname options - it’s common to meet a Catherine called Kate or Kitty, but less common to meet a Katherine called Cate or Cato. There’s no rule that says Katherine can’t be known as Cathy, of course, but it might require a bit of spelling correction.

If you prefer the ‘K’ spelling, though, I don’t think the repeated initials are really a problem (especially if there’s a cultural or linguistic reason for choosing K over C. If your overseas family are Greek, for instance, I imagine they might find the K spelling more familiar). I’ve seen people on nb say that it really takes 3 names to make a pattern, and I think that’s probably right.

It sounds like you’ve got lots of options. I’m sure whatever you choose will be lovely. Good luck finding the name you love.

I love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] :slight_smile: I say it [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-ra