Little redhead

We are due in [name]December[/name] and have been playing around with several different names over the last 7 months.

Thanks to nameberry we have a few great choices and I wanted to get opinions on which seems to fit a little redhead. [name]Red[/name]/auburn/strawberry blonde hair runs pretty strong in my family so she will very likely be redish with big blue eyes (both DH and I have big blues).

So of the names below, which one feels most like it would fit our little strawberry girl?

(Last name rhymes with purple and has only 1 vowel, eastern european.)

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] ([name]Lou[/name]-sha) nn [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]
Remielle [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]

My redheads are:

[name]Rebecca[/name] Larkyn [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Tiana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I think that [name]Alexandra[/name] is perfect. It suits the child you described and [name]Andie[/name] is an adorable nn. [name]Elliott[/name] would be my second choice.

My favorite based on your description would be [name]Lucy[/name]. Best wishes to you and your family!

My favorites for a little redhead are [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]. Also love [name]Aurora[/name] which means “the dawn” nn [name]Rory[/name].

For me, [name]Rowan[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name] suit best from your list.

However, I just want to say that I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Susan[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]. I think [name]Aurora[/name] has that elegant quality to it (I am picturing a [name]Titian[/name] beauty!) and the nn [name]Rory[/name] is TOO perfect because it means “red king”. [name]Love[/name] it!

Before even reading your names, I thought [name]Rowan[/name] but I love that name at the moment, like the [name]Aurora[/name] suggestion too. Other names that hit me when reading your description were [name]Holly[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] but you’ve prob thought of these already. Good luck choosing a name, you may even change your mind when you meet her she might look like something totally different. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone… we have spent many hours pouring over names so though I appreciate the suggestions of other names, we are really just going to be picking off the list.

I will likely need to wait until we meet her, but thought I would ask for opinions on what from our list feels most like a red-head name before hand :slight_smile:

I vote [name]Alexandra[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]. I much prefer the [name]Andie[/name] nn to [name]Alex[/name] and think this would be very fitting for the girl you describe.

I like [name]Lucia[/name]! I’m not loving the mn [name]Marie[/name] just because it’s so common. Is it to honor a family member? I kind of like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name].

I think [name]Alexandra[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] fits your description best, though.

Yes all the women in my family have [name]Marie[/name] as a middle, I have considered changing it to [name]Marielle[/name] because I know [name]Marie[/name] is so common but am not sure I want to break tradition, even though [name]Marielle[/name] still honors the tradition in theme.

I will see I guess! Hormones might make me brave!

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]: I picture jet black hair with [name]Alexandra[/name], although the Alexandras I’ve known are blond.

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] ([name]Lou[/name]-sha) nn [name]Lucy[/name]: I picture dark hair with this, too.

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]: Definitely a redhead!

Remielle [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]: I picture blond with Remielle, and she has a floral wreath in her hair. It feels so pretty, feminine, and princessy. :slight_smile:

Although [name]Rowan[/name] screamed “redhead” to me, I can also picture redheads being named all of the above, especially [name]Alexandra[/name].

Good luck, [name]Erin[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love the options that use the nickname [name]Remi[/name]! [name]Remi[/name] is such a cute name for a little redhead!

I also wanted to suggest [name]Molly[/name]/[name]Mollie[/name]/[name]Molli[/name]. [name]EVERY[/name] (yes, [name]EVERY[/name]!) [name]Molly[/name] I have met throughout my life has been a gorgeous redhead, and I closely associate the name with the attributes you described.

When I think redhead - I automatically think Irish. So, [name]Rowan[/name].

Seeing as how the meaning of [name]Rowan[/name] is listed as “little redhead”… I’m gonna vote [name]Rowan[/name].

I go for [name]Rowan[/name] also!

[name]Alexandra[/name] and it is a gorgeous name too!

and
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Deidre[/name]
[name]Roslyn[/name]

I like [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] best - good luck!

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has hair on fire! lol that definitely sounds like a little redhead to me:)

I think [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] fits a little red head girl perfectly. It’s so cute. And I think the nickname [name]Remi[/name] is really cute for it.
Remielle [name]Marie[/name] is gorgeous, too. And I adore the nickname [name]Remi[/name], as I said before.
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is so pretty (and my almost-name), and I never would think of the name [name]Andie[/name] for it, which is so cute. I know a girl named [name]Andie[/name] and she has reddish hair, and it fits her perfectly.

So, after my opinions, here are my favorites, in order:

1. [name]Alexandra[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]
  2. [name]Rowan[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]
  3. Remielle nn [name]Remi[/name]

Best of luck, and congrats :slight_smile: