Little sister for Gabriella Grace

Omg”I could write a novel on the name dilemma we”re having. I”ll try to make this brief, but I doubt I”ll succeed! I”m pregnant with another girl; our first is named [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Gaby[/name] for short). My husband and I do not agree on names at all; he likes contemporary, unisex/tomboy names ([name]Callie[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Caitlyn[/name]) and I like very feminine names such as [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Ophelia[/name]. Seriously”we”ve been through our name book a bazillion times and the most we can agree on is that a name is ”ok.” So”I”ve loved the name [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Isabelle[/name] for a long time, but have always avoided it due to its popularity. However, I”ve finally gotten my husb to agree that it”s ”ok,” but I have some issues with the name and I don”t know if they”re big enough to be deal-breakers:

1. Does [name]Isabelle[/name]/a sound too similar to [name]Gabriella[/name]? I tend to think rhyming names are absolutely cheesy and ridiculous. I”m scared I might feel embarrassed to tell someone my daughters” names are [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]!
  2. Should we choose [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? [name]Isabelle[/name] sounds just as good with our last name, but I like [name]Isabella[/name] because it gives more options for nicknames ([name]Bella[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]) since my husb doesn”t like [name]Izzy[/name].
  3. Last, but definitely NOT least: it”s #1 on the name charts. I just don”t know if I want her to be 1 out of, like, 6+ [name]Isabelle[/name]/as in her future classroom.

The other names we semi-agree on are [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Adrianna[/name]. I”ll list my thoughts.
[name]Adeline[/name]: This is just ok for me, but my husb likes it a lot. We”d call her [name]Addie[/name] for short, but I am not really a fan of how ”[name]Addie[/name]” sounds with ”[name]Gaby[/name].” (At least if we did [name]Isabella[/name], the nicknames [name]Izzy[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] wouldn”t rhyme with [name]Gaby[/name].) Also, we”re not getting favorable reviews from close family members (like”my mom and grandma both seriously HATE this name). I know it”s dumb to not choose a name because a family member doesn”t like it, but I”d at least like close family members to like it.

[name]Adrianna[/name]: This is one I like but my husband is just ”ok” with it. The only qualm I have is I wonder if it”s too outdated - I feel like it was popular back in 1975 lol!

With all that being said”.should we go with [name]Isabelle[/name]/a despite the common-ness and the similarity to [name]Gabriella[/name] since it”s something we both actually agree on it? I also love how everyone seems to like this name (which is probably why it”s so popular!). Or should we choose [name]Adrianna[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name]? The thing I like about all 3 names is they are all very feminine and they go well with [name]Gabriella[/name]. Thoughts? Suggestions? I appreciate it all! Thank you!!

[name]Hi[/name], and congratulations!

Oh, I wouldn’t go with [name]Isabella[/name] at all! [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] end in the exact same way, so I totally think they are too close. I’m sorry! [name]Do[/name] you perhaps like [name]Isadora[/name]? I know it is more maybe “your” style than your husband’s, but you could use [name]Izzy[/name] or [name]Dora[/name] still for nicknames, which might make it appeal to him, too. [name]Adelina[/name] might be pretty, too!

I don’t know if you want other suggestions, but here are some ideas:

[name]Carolina[/name] (care-oh-[name]LEE[/name]-nah) - “[name]Cara[/name],” “[name]Carrie[/name],” “[name]Lina[/name]”
[name]Francesca[/name] - “[name]Frankie[/name]”
[name]Liliana[/name] - “[name]Lily[/name],” “[name]Lilia[/name],” “[name]Ana[/name]”
[name]Lucinda[/name] - “[name]Lucy[/name],” “[name]Luca[/name],” “[name]Cindy[/name],” “[name]Lulu[/name]”
[name]Rosalia[/name] - “[name]Rosa[/name],” “[name]Rose[/name],” “[name]Rosie[/name],” “[name]Sally[/name],” “[name]Lia[/name]”
[name]Serafina[/name] - “[name]Sera[/name],” “[name]Fifi[/name]”
[name]Viviana[/name] - “[name]Viv[/name],” “[name]Vivi[/name],” “[name]Ana[/name]”

I also think [name]Sarita[/name] would be cute, with [name]Sari[/name] as a nickname. [name]Rosalia[/name] is one of my favorites with [name]Gabriella[/name], though, as [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] sound so cute together! [name]Francesca[/name] is a fun one, too.

What is this baby’s middle name going to be? Are you going to use alliteration again, like with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? [name]Sarita[/name] [name]Simone[/name], [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], and [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] are my favorites…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name], you are adorable!!! You remind me of one of my cutest friends!!

I think they sound too similar too, although I think if it was [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name] it might not be quite as obvious. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your suggestions - I have never thought of [name]Adelina[/name] before - it’s a nice one! And I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Viviana[/name]; I’ve brought that up to [name]Brent[/name] before but he’s not really a fan. (Of course.) We both are very picky (I’ll freely admit!) so it’s difficult. :frowning:

I’m not sure about middle names yet…the alliteration with [name]Gabriella[/name] wasn’t on purpose, so it definitely does not have to be that way again. Although, I was just pondering [name]Adrianna[/name] a bit more, and I think I’d rather spell it “[name]Adriana[/name]” so people don’t mispronounce it “Adri-[name]ANN[/name]-a.”

I love concise, one-syllable middle names like “[name]Grace[/name],” so if you have any classic sort of suggestions, I’d love it! Thank you!!!

Oh, well, thank you, I suppose! I just read that again and realized I sort of sounded like a spaz - I tend to get that way…

I don’t honestly think it helps much if you use [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name] instead of [name]Isabella[/name]. The name still has that prominent “elle” portion that matches (clashes?) with [name]Gabriella[/name]'s name.

I think [name]Adelina[/name] sounds more feminine and sophisticated than [name]Adeline[/name], myself, and I like that it sets itself up for more nicknames than just [name]Addie[/name] - you get [name]Del[/name], Dela, and [name]Lina[/name], too! [name]Viviana[/name] is gorgeous, of course, but if you both don’t love it, I wouldn’t use it. As for [name]Adrianna[/name], I’d probably spell it [name]Adriana[/name], too, to avoid pronunciation problems. To be honest, though, I can’t decide whether I think [name]Adriana[/name] feels trendy or dated!

A few more ideas are [name]Alexandra[/name] ([name]Alex[/name], [name]Ali[/name], [name]Lexi[/name], [name]Lex[/name]), [name]Gianna[/name] ([name]Gia[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annie[/name]), [name]Juliana[/name] ([name]Jules[/name], [name]Julie[/name], [name]Ana[/name], [name]Lia[/name]), [name]Olivia[/name] ([name]Liv[/name], [name]Livvy[/name]), and [name]Samantha[/name] ([name]Sam[/name], [name]Sammy[/name]). Okay, I actually have more suggestions:

[name]Anastasia[/name] - “[name]Annie[/name],” “[name]Ana[/name],” “[name]Nastia[/name],” “[name]Stacy[/name]”
[name]Bianca[/name] - “[name]Bea[/name]”
[name]Camilla[/name] - “[name]Cam[/name],” “[name]Milly[/name],” “[name]Milla[/name]”
[name]Cecelia[/name] - “Cece,” “Cee,” “[name]Celia[/name],” “[name]Lia[/name]”
[name]Fiona[/name] - “[name]Fifi[/name]”
[name]Lucia[/name] - “[name]Lucy[/name],” “[name]Luca[/name]”
[name]Marisa[/name] - “[name]Mari[/name],” “Rissy,” “[name]Risa[/name]”
[name]Miranda[/name] - “[name]Mira[/name],” “[name]Randy[/name]”
[name]Serena[/name] - “[name]Sera[/name],” “ReRe,” “[name]Rena[/name]”
[name]Valeria[/name] - “[name]Val[/name],” “[name]Ria[/name]”

And, for middle name ideas, what about these?

[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Claire[/name], [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Jane[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lynne[/name]
[name]May[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name], [name]Prue[/name], [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rose[/name], [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sage[/name], [name]Sue[/name]
[name]Wynne[/name]

I’m personally in love with [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]! It has that sassy Cece (or CC) nickname that feels slightly tomboy-ish (maybe [name]Brent[/name] will like it?), yet the name is completely feminine and elegant, like [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name],

I do like [name]Cecelia[/name] and I do like [name]Claire[/name]! I don’t know if he likes [name]Cecelia[/name]; I’ll have to ask. (Although I know he’s getting extremely annoyed with me and the names.)

What if we did [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Violet[/name]? Or would it be too cutesy to have alliterative (?) names for both kids? :slight_smile:

<sigh> I don’t think she’ll ever have a name.

Oh, one more name we’ve kinda been throwing around is [name]Sienna[/name]…although I don’t know if I can get over the minivan association…what do you think of that one?

Ooh, a challenge - excellent! Could you compromise on a feminine name with a masculine nickname? If you could, there are so many great options!

[name]Alexandra[/name]/[name]Alexandria[/name] - [name]Alex[/name], [name]Andy[/name]
[name]Andromeda[/name] - [name]Andy[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] nn [name]Andy[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Chuck[/name]
[name]Finola[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]/[name]Frances[/name] - [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgia[/name] - [name]George[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name] nn [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Jo[/name]
[name]Leonor[/name] - [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucille[/name]/[name]Lucinda[/name]/[name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name]/[name]Alouette[/name] - [name]Lou[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Matt[/name]/[name]Mattie[/name]
[name]Rafaella[/name] nn [name]Rafe[/name] (but you’d have an archangel theme going on).

I’ll stop there in case you don’t like the idea, but I think a spunky, maculine nn could be a comrpomise (and you don’t even have to use it, it could be your husband’s special nickname for her).

And some more suggestions (I’m going for feminine but not frilly) :
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]/[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Helen/name
[name]India[/name]
[name]Iona[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] (possibly a nn for [name]Theresa[/name])
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Thessaly[/name]
[name]Willa[/name].

Could he perhaps be won around to [name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Stella[/name]? [name]Do[/name] any of those catch either of you fancys? Are there any endings/letters that stand out to either you or your husband as ones you really like?

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I agree with Miss [name]Lemon[/name] - a bit too close for my ears.

If you like girly and frilly, and your husband likes more trendy, what about [name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Plum[/name]? (After a [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Plum[/name]). That is very British but I [name]LOVE[/name] it, and think [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Plum[/name] might just be the cutest sisters ever!

[name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name]!

xo [name]Sheridan[/name]

@ [name]Elsie[/name]

I don’t think alliteration is too cutesy for your children! As long as they don’t all have GG initials, I think you are in the safe. Why is alliteration any more cutesy than, say, a theme, as in all flower names? Yep, you’re good!

[name]Viviana[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is very playful and fun! But, I thought [name]Brent[/name] didn’t like [name]Viviana[/name], and the combo is a bit long ([name]Viviana[/name] [name]Val[/name]? I don’t know!). I’m glad you like [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]! Run those two combos by your husband, and maybe she will have a name? I’ll hope for you! Plus, if you ever have another girl, I think you’ve got a great collection of names!

Oops, forgot [name]Sienna[/name]. Oh, [name]Lord[/name]. The Toyota [name]Sienna[/name] is like my least favorite minivan behind only the [name]Dodge[/name] Caravan. I have a van-phobia, so please excuse me. I think [name]Sienna[/name] (and [name]Sierra[/name]) are fun, spunky names, but I just can’t see them aging as well as some of the others on your list, or as well as [name]Gabriella[/name]. You know what I mean? Maybe [name]Selena[/name] would be a good compromise? You could call her, I don’t know, [name]Sela[/name]? Or [name]Lena[/name] is always good…

Oops, I forgot to say :

[name]Viviana[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is gorgeous! I actually really like alliteration, and as most people won’t know their middle names, it is a hidden theme. [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Violet[/name] sounds like she could be an incredibly glamorous superhero - in a good way!

[name]Sienna[/name] - I’m not aware of the minivan, but that’s probably because I can’t drive yet. I myself am not a massive fan, but I think it’s a fine name. I know a [name]Sienna[/name] and I have heard at least one person remark that she has a beautiful name. You might also like Saranna (suh-[name]RAN[/name]-a).

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Isadora[/name]? :slight_smile:

Thanks, you guys are awesome!! I think my only hope of naming her at this point is to harass brent endlessly until he spazzes out and yells, “fine! You name her!” Lol!

I know I’ll never be able to get him to come around to violet, vivienne, or viviana. So what do you guys think about adriana? Not sure of mn for that one tho. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too dated?

[name]Brent[/name] said he actually does like stella (my all time favorite girl name) now - he didn’t like it when we named gaby, of course. But I feel like stella and gabriella has the same problem as gabriella and isabella. :stuck_out_tongue: they rhyme!

If he likes [name]Stella[/name], he might like :

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name].

[name]Adriana[/name] is not a bad name, but I can’t say that it wows me. If you both agree on in, though, it might just be the one for you!

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Georgiana[/name] - nn [name]Georgi[/name] (stole the name [name]Georgia[/name] from [name]Auburn[/name])

[name]How[/name] cute - [name]Gabby[/name] and [name]Georgi[/name]! :slight_smile:

I didn’t see anyone suggest this yet, [name]Vienna[/name], similar to [name]Sienna[/name] without the mini-van ties, and also bears resemblence to [name]Vivien[/name]

I have seen [name]Vienna[/name] before and like it, but not sure about a place name, especially when it’s paired with [name]Gabriella[/name].

I forgot about this name tho…[name]Brent[/name] and I were considering [name]Eliana[/name] when I was pg with [name]Gaby[/name]. What about [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Violet[/name]? If I can get [name]Brent[/name] to come around to it :slight_smile: And [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Elle[/name] for short?

Go with [name]Adriana[/name] or [name]Adrianna[/name]! It’s beautiful and goes great with [name]Gabriella[/name]/[name]Gaby[/name] :smiley:

I agree that [name]Stella[/name] is too close to [name]Gabriella[/name]'s “ella” ending, just like [name]Isabella[/name]. Like another poster said, I’m not ‘wowed’ by [name]Adriana[/name], and as I said before, I can’t decide if it is dated or trendy - neither of those are particularly positive in my book. [name]Eliana[/name] is pretty, but for me it feels like an extension of [name]Gabriella[/name], if that makes any sense at all. [name]Gabriella[/name]… [name]Eliana[/name]…[name]Ana[/name]-something, you know? It’s like a third girl would have to be [name]Anastasia[/name] or something! Maybe that isn’t a big deal, though!

I was thinking [name]Stella[/name] would make a gorgeous middle name, since you love it, and since [name]Brent[/name] might not be sold on [name]Violet[/name]. So, if you were wanting to continue the alliteration you started with [name]Gaby[/name]'s name, you might like:

[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Santana[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sarita[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Selena[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Stella[/name]

[name]Leona[/name] would be pretty with [name]Gabriella[/name], too, as would [name]Aurora[/name] ([name]Rory[/name]), [name]Cassandra[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name]), [name]Clarissa[/name] ([name]Clare[/name]), [name]Evangeline[/name] ([name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evie[/name]), [name]Juliet[/name] ([name]Jules[/name]), and [name]Magdalena[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name], [name]Meg[/name], [name]Lena[/name]).

Okay, so my new idea for you, after [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name], is [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]! [name]Love[/name] that with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] lemon,
Yes, I do see your point about it being an extension…never thought about that before! Sad though…I feel like I’m back at square one. I wish brent liked vivienne or scarlett or something. I’ve always sorta felt like eliana is a “made-up” name.

I know you’re not a huge fan of adriana, but adriana lily? [name]Do[/name] you like that? Seriously…brent leaves me nothing to work with.

Ok…so he tells me he hates any name that starts with a “V.” He does like [name]Liliana[/name], but again, I feel like it’s sort of made up. We’d call her [name]Lily[/name] for short (which is like one of his favorite names ever). I’m just scared though that no one would remember her name, you know? Although I guess if we called her lily it’d be easy to remember, and lily and gaby do sound cute together. [name]Do[/name] you have any good ideas for an L middle name for [name]Liliana[/name]? :slight_smile: love your ideas!

@ [name]Elsie[/name]

I prefer [name]Liliana[/name] to [name]Adriana[/name], myself, even though [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is pretty. [name]Liliana[/name] just sounds more sophisticated, like [name]Gabriella[/name]! And, you get to use [name]Brent[/name]'s favorite! Why are you worried people won’t remember her name, though? You think they will assume she is just [name]Lily[/name] instead of [name]Liliana[/name]? And, yes, you are right, [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] do sound very cute together! One of you could call her [name]Ana[/name], too…

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Liv[/name] (Norse, “life”)
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Love[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Lux[/name] (Latin, “light”)

I know some of those are more adventurous - I love [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Lark[/name], though! - but those maintain the same syllabic pattern you’ve established with [name]Gaby[/name]'s name while still keeping good flow. Now, if you wanted to keep the same number of syllables and have more L options, you could try [name]Lilia[/name] instead of [name]Liliana[/name], giving you [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] as nicknames instead of [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Ana[/name]…

[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]

I know many of those are L-heavy, but I’m quite fond of [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name], and [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], myself. [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] probably best compliments [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name], style-wise.

Okay, what do you think?