Little sister for Gabriella Grace

[name]Lemon[/name], you have a fabulous arsenal of names!! Although it would be awesome to keep the same syllabic pattern as gaby’s name, I think the Ls may be a bit too much. But I was sorta expecting that before I asked! :slight_smile: I liked [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] but then her initials would be LIK! No good!! [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]? Or I like [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Violet[/name] but don’t want two flowers…that’s a little too hippie for me! Or [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Stella[/name]? I’ll browse online for a bit and see what else I can come up with! Thank you again for your lovely opinions!!

Oh p.s. I have always liked [name]Lilia[/name] but [name]Brent[/name] doesn’t like that one as much (so what else is new), plus I think people would assume it’s “[name]Lila[/name]” at first glance. If he actually likes something, I’ll take what I can get! :slight_smile:

@ [name]Elsie[/name]

Okay, here are some more ideas for [name]Liliana[/name]…

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

All of these middle names have a similar feel to [name]Grace[/name] in my opinion, straightforward, feminine, and classic. Or, you could do a G middle name theme, and use [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Greer[/name], [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Gwen[/name], or even [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] is too much. [name]Isabelle[/name] would work fine.

I love [name]Liliana[/name]!! And it goes perfect with [name]Gabriella[/name] imo :slight_smile:

You have a lot of middlename suggestions that are great already. I personally like [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Sophie[/name].

Best of luck!!

If he likes [name]Callie[/name], what about [name]Calliope[/name]?

when i heard gabriella i instantly thoughtof lilith… lily for short x

@ [name]Elsie[/name]

Okay, I was brainstorming some ideas that remind me of [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name], just in case you aren’t 100% ready to commit to [name]Liliana[/name], and here are combos I came up with. Each includes alliteration and equals the number of syllables in [name]Gaby[/name]'s name (5):

[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name] [name]May[/name] [[name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name]?]
[name]Natalia[/name] [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Therese[/name]

I honestly adore [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - [name]Fiona[/name] is fun, elegant, and playful like [name]Gabriella[/name], and [name]Frances[/name] is straightforward and classic like [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]!
I am leaning towards [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]…[name]Brent[/name] isn’t really a fan of [name]Ruby[/name] but I told him if I’m settling on [name]Liliana[/name], I should get to choose the middle name. Plus I do feel like it has a similar flow to [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. I don’t know…I may change my mind. I just don’t feel like [name]Liliana[/name] is “right” but I don’t know what else to do! :frowning: Maybe I’ll post some of [name]Brent[/name]'s favorite names and you can help me decide if my feelings about his name choices are justified. :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Elsie[/name], I don’t want you to feel like you are settling! [name]How[/name] about you post your favorite names, [name]Brent[/name]'s favorite names, and names that you both agree on - only put ones that you could actually see using for a child. Maybe we can find a compromise!

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is pretty, though, but, again, I don’t want you to settle for a name you don’t love…

Ok, [name]Lemon[/name], here is the list:
[name]Brent[/name]'s faves:
[name]Adeline[/name] (it’s ok, fam hates it)
[name]Addison[/name] (unisex; I don’t think it goes well with [name]Gabriella[/name])
[name]Autumn[/name] (it’s ok, but sort of 80s, and again, I don’t think it goes well with [name]Gabriella[/name])
[name]Keira[/name] (too trendy)
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]

Agreed (so far)
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name] (although we’ve had this discussion!) :slight_smile:
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] (middle name)
[name]Stella[/name]

My list:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name] (I thought this would be a good compromise, but he is sticking to his hatred for V names, apparently…uggghhhh!!!)
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Elle[/name] (middle name)
[name]Faye[/name] (middle name…just reconsidering this one too, especially after viewing another thread! And it’s my grandmother’s sister’s name)
[name]Louise[/name] (my mom’s and grandma’s middle name, although she HATES it - her first name is [name]Sheila[/name])
[name]Gwen[/name] (I’ve liked this for awhile, and it’s a one syllable G name that might work well for a middle name)
(I think you’ve listed a few of these already!)

And I just have a comment on the name [name]Greer[/name]…this sounds so masculine to me! Although it might be a nice middle name for the new babe. I think you mentioned this one before, but I couldn’t get over the male-ness sound of it. I just feel so confused by it LOL!

So that’s where I’m at. I just feel like [name]Liliana[/name] doesn’t fit (even though I don’t know her yet) and I am kinda tired of [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too overused? If I could name her anything right now, it would probably be [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (although I don’t know if [name]Sophia[/name] is too long for a 4 syllable first name…I was gonna ask what you thought about [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] too) or [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Elle[/name] (although not sure if the two vowel sounds flow very well together, and I’m not sure if it’s dumb since the sound is repeated in [name]Gabriella[/name], but I love how it keeps the same syllabic pattern as [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]).
[name]Love[/name] your thoughts…let me know! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :slight_smile:

I [name]DO[/name] think this is absolutely adorable, because I love [name]Victoria[/name] but hate “[name]Vicky[/name]” or “[name]Tori[/name]” for nns. My lame husband, however, has decided he has some vendetta against V names (no pun intended). :*(

Okay, [name]Elsie[/name], lets take a look. I’ll respond to your end comments first then go through each of your lists…

If you don’t think [name]Liliana[/name] fits and you are tired of [name]Lily[/name], it just isn’t the name for you. I wouldn’t let your husband force you into it, just like you aren’t forcing him with your love of V names. [name]Do[/name] I think [name]Lily[/name] is overused? A tad bit, yes, as both a child’s name and a pet name. I have to say I’ve never been much of a [name]Lily[/name] fan, myself, as it feels a bit insignificant and light, and I prefer a name with a bit more presence, but it is feminine, simple, and sweet, which is why I think so many people like it. I think [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is a very pretty name, as is [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], but [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Elle[/name] has that awkward vowel problem and I think you need to get away from any and all [name]Elle[/name] names (yes, [name]Stella[/name] is included!). Let’s move on to the lists…

[name]BRENT[/name]'S LIST
[name]Addison[/name] and [name]Riley[/name] are too unisex to match with the feminine frills of [name]Gaby[/name]'s name. I think you can count those two out. You saying that a name is just “okay” isn’t promising to me, so I wouldn’t name your daughter [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], or even [name]Lily[/name], to be honest. [name]Adeline[/name] feels a bit too abrupt next to [name]Gabriella[/name] in my opinion, so I’d make it [name]Adelina[/name] or [name]Adalia[/name] if you were to use it. Does it bother you that your family hates the name? It might bother me, but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker if I loved a name. But, then again, you don’t love the name, do you? Oh, and [name]Autumn[/name] does seem dated to me, for sure. [name]Callie[/name] feels insignificant next to [name]Gabriella[/name], so I’d dress it up as [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Carolina[/name], or [name]Callista[/name]. [name]Callista[/name] actually compliments [name]Gabriella[/name] very well, in my opinion, as does [name]Carolina[/name]. I actually love [name]Keira[/name], but I see her more with sisters named [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] than [name]Gabriella[/name], and you think it is trendy.

Suggestions to consider, then, are [name]Callista[/name], [name]Carolina[/name], [name]Adelina[/name], and [name]Cassia[/name]. I think [name]Cassia[/name] would be beautiful with [name]Gabriella[/name], and you could have a fun nickname like [name]Cassie[/name] (I just feel like [name]Brent[/name] might like that!) while still using a unique name with a great meaning - “cinnamon.” [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] would be perfect with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but think about those suggestions and get back to me. Run 'em by [name]Brent[/name], too, if you like any…

YOUR LIST
Okay, I see lots of V names that I like, but you aren’t going to use due to [name]Brent[/name]'s vendetta against the V ([name]Violet[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Viviana[/name]). Unfortunately, I think it is time to let go. Sorry! Is [name]Ophelia[/name] the only one on there for a first name? I love [name]Ophelia[/name], but I think it might be a bit too unique next to [name]Gabriella[/name], and what are you going to nickname her? Nicknames seem to be important to your husband, yes? And, he doesn’t care for [name]Ophelia[/name], does he? I’d eliminate [name]Elle[/name] as a middle name, as it repeats a sound in [name]Gabriella[/name]'s name. [name]Faye[/name] is pretty, I really like it and the combination [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]! [name]Louise[/name] is lovely, too, and would make a supreme middle name with the right first name - it compliments [name]Grace[/name] perfectly! [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is cute! [name]Ruby[/name], too, would be an awesome middle name, and I think [name]Rosanna[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Regina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] would be nice with [name]Gaby[/name]'s name, assuming you want alliteration if it is possible. Now, we’ve got [name]Gwen[/name] on here twice, which makes me think you like it a lot, and I do, too! Could make a nice middle name, but I like it as a part of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] better - what do you think of two daughters with G names? Weird? I just like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]…

I’m pretty sure I’ve already suggested most of these, but if not, reconsider [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Louise[/name], [name]Rosana[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Regina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Giselle[/name].

JOINT LIST
Okay, [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] need to go in my opinion - they contain a sound that is in [name]Gaby[/name]'s name, making it weird to use them now. Sorry! [name]Eliana[/name], to me, is too close to [name]Gabriella[/name] - I know it is a weird connection, but it throws me off a bit. Does [name]Eliana[/name] look made up to you, too? [name]Sophia[/name] as a middle name is awesome! I love it, really, despite its popularity! We could roll with that, I think. And, [name]Liliana[/name] seems like your best “compromise” name, but I don’t think you really even like it, much less [name]Lily[/name]. Is it time to take a stand?

Some ideas, maybe? [name]Sania[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Sara[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Sela[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Seren[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Simone[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]? I’m loving [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] with [name]Gaby[/name]'s name, but [name]Sela[/name] is such a sweet one, too! Sorry - I am really attached to this alliteration idea! Like any of those a bit?

Okay, so I’ve said my piece, I think. I’m not sure this really leaves you in a positive place, but I’m excited about a few of these suggestions, so maybe there will be something in there that you and [name]Brent[/name] both like ([name]Cassia[/name]? [name]Rosana[/name]? [name]Scarlett[/name]?). If not, I take no offense, and we will keep chugging on! Good luck!

PS I totally get your comment that [name]Greer[/name] feels masculine. I agree - it does. I’m not sure it is totally right anyway with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but if you like it, we can work with that!

Some names that I think work well with [name]Gabriella[/name]:

[name]Arianna[/name] (nn [name]Ari[/name], [name]Aria[/name])
[name]Aurelia[/name] (nn [name]Rae[/name], [name]Lia[/name])
[name]Emelina[/name] (nn [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Lina[/name])
[name]Esmeralda[/name] (nn [name]Esme[/name])
[name]Josephina[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name], [name]Joey[/name])
[name]Leonora[/name] (nn [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Luciana[/name] (nn [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Lucienne[/name] (nn [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Penny[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Polly[/name])

I love the idea of [name]Emelina[/name] or [name]Luciana[/name] with [name]Gabriella[/name]. [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] are so cute together!

Thank you, [name]Lemon[/name]!

I do agree, I’m giving up any V names and anything with an “elle” in it. I think I am more of the nickname fiend than brent…any name I see I automatically have to decide what the nickname will be. I love scarlett (brent hates it) but I would rather not call her “scar” for short, anyway! So I guess that’s out, too. We may just have to start at square one and go through every page of our name book again (as well as all your suggesstions!). I’m probably gonna have to give up my desire for a similar syllabic pattern as gaby’s name and the alliteration, too. Obviously I can’t have any lilitations here! I simply must have a matching style though. :slight_smile: I just don’t know if we can agree on anything other than liliana ruby…if I like the name, I’ve asked brent. (He doesn’t like gwen/gwendolyn either.)

I hope you will still be perusing this site for awhile; our babe isn’t due until [name]October[/name], so we still have plenty of time. I’ll keep updating you though, if you have time! :slight_smile:

Thank you, [name]Lemon[/name]!

I do agree, I’m giving up any V names and anything with an “elle” in it. I think I am more of the nickname fiend than brent…any name I see I automatically have to decide what the nickname will be. I love scarlett (brent hates it) but I would rather not call her “scar” for short, anyway! So I guess that’s out, too. We may just have to start at square one and go through every page of our name book again (as well as all your suggesstions!). I’m probably gonna have to give up my desire for a similar syllabic pattern as gaby’s name and the alliteration, too. Obviously I can’t have any lilitations here! I simply must have a matching style though. :slight_smile: I just don’t know if we can agree on anything other than liliana ruby…if I like the name, I’ve asked brent. (He doesn’t like gwen/gwendolyn either.)

One name I saw a week or two ago was [name]Emeline[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name]. I threw it out for a few reasons, but maybe you’ll help convince me it’s a good choice. 1) I feel like [name]Emily[/name]/[name]Emma[/name] are too common, but I think [name]Emmie[/name] is really cute and goes well with [name]Gaby[/name]. 2) I don’t want people to mispronounce it (I would say emma-lyn) but I think ppl would mispronounce no matter what name). I wouldn’t want to spell it emelyn though cuz I hate those combined names!! (Here’s my pickiness coming through.) And 3) my sister’s daughter’s name is [name]Emelia[/name], which is obviously close to [name]Emeline[/name], but they always call her by her full name. So…what do you think?

I hope you will still be perusing this site for awhile; our babe isn’t due until [name]October[/name], so we still have plenty of time. I’ll keep updating you though, if you have time! :slight_smile:

I have time - don’t you worry!

Look through your books, take your time, and let me know what you all come up with. If you find a first name you are both loving, we can work on a middle name. Who knows? You might just be able to keep that syllable pattern and alliteration…

I love [name]Emmeline[/name]. I love it spelled like this, and I think [name]Emme[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] are cute nicknames. I personally say it with a -line sound at the end, but a bunch of Berries say it with a -leen sound or even a -lyn sound. It’s one of my personal favorites, to be honest! I think it is more vintage classic than [name]Gabriella[/name], but I think it could work for sure if you love it! Plus, if you wanted to keep up that syllable-alliteration thing, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Eva[/name] is super pretty!

PS For everyone, I really want someone to use [name]Cassia[/name]! I just love that one…

I do [name]LOVE[/name] poppy (brent’s response: “is she a muffin or something?”)! it’s adorable! and i do think emmy and gaby sound cute together. i love lucienne/luciana but brent is not a fan. he says lucy reminds him too much of “i love lucy,” which he absolutely hates. <sigh>

LOL i love your enthusiasm for [name]Cassia[/name]…I just don’t like the nickname [name]Cassie[/name], and besides not liking it, i knew an atrocious girl named [name]Cassie[/name] whom i never want to think of again! :slight_smile:

That’s the thing with [name]Emmeline[/name]…I know people would pronounce it all messed up. I would get so sick of that, if it were my name! Actually I think I do like the “line” pronunciation the best; I just don’t like the fact that others may not say it right. (Although I thought [name]Gabriella[/name] was pretty safe, until people started saying “[name]Gay[/name]-briel” and “[name]Gay[/name]-briella” and "[name]Gab[/name]-rielle and “[name]Gay[/name]-brielle.” Who knew?) So maybe I should just not consider that aspect at all. :slight_smile:

I do like [name]Evangeline[/name], but the first thing [name]Brent[/name] said when I mentioned that name was, “vagina?” (He always has a sassy retort, unfortunately.)

Ok…I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for all your help thus far!

@ [name]Elsie[/name]

Are you serious? I thought the [name]Poppy[/name] comment about poppy seed muffins was hilarious, but [name]Evangeline[/name]? Really? I don’t really quite get that one - I love [name]Evangeline[/name], and now that you mention it, I adore it with [name]Gabriella[/name]! So great! Plus, it has an amazing meaning - does he know that? [name]Brent[/name]'s starting to get on my nerves - ha! Kidding…

What about [name]Evangelia[/name]? Does that help any? [name]Love[/name] 'em both. Gosh, wouldn’t [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Emma[/name] be pretty with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? I think so!

Here’s the thing. [name]Emmeline[/name] has a lot of “accepted” pronunciations. So, people will pronounce it different ways. But, as you mentioned with [name]Gabriella[/name], which really has one main pronunciation, people still get, well, creative with how they say things. I like to say that people will get it wrong until you correct them. If you say, “This is my daughter, EH-mah-line,” people will catch on, I think. As I said before, it’s a great name! What does [name]Brent[/name] have to say about that one, huh?

Hey, what about [name]Miranda[/name]? Did we talk about her? Or [name]Angelina[/name]? I know I at least mentioned [name]Fiona[/name]. [name]Aurora[/name]? [name]Melania[/name]? [name]Isla[/name]? If you went with [name]Isla[/name], I might even allow you to use [name]Isla[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] - like I can allow you to do anything. Ha!