Little sister for Millie and Leo

Hello!

I have a daughter named [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]) and a son named [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m]). I am trying to come up with names for their little sister. I love the name [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] but I’m worried it’s becoming too popular to go with these old names.

I also really like:
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]

Thoughts?

I like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] the best with your crew ( [name_f]Edie[/name_f]).
[name_f]Enid[/name_f], [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] & [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] also came to mind as similar stylewise.

1 Like

Of your list, I think [name_f]Frances[/name_f] matches the vibe of your older children’s names perfectly! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are both gaining in popularity, [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is not far behind, and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is not nearly as unexpected.

1 Like

Edith or [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f]/Ettie) fits with your children’s names quite well!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love your style of clunky old folk names w/sweet spunky nns. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is nice, but it is way popular. Kind of loses its sparkle.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of your list-

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]-I love this name. It has an air of classic elegance & a little sasy-ness. But in a cute way. It’s a little popular. Probably not as much as [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

[name_f]Edith[/name_f]-This is adorable. Such a fun sweet old lady name, that’s completely ready for a comeback.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]-This totally works w/your crew. I don’t think it’s as pretty as [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f], but I do love all of the nn options. I like [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] or [name_f]Gerty[/name_f]. [name_f]Gerty[/name_f] is y absolute favorite & the least expected.

[name_f]Frances[/name_f]-This seems kind of perfect, honestly. And I really love [name_f]Franny[/name_f] or [name_f]Francie[/name_f] w/your crew.

Here are a few more ideas-

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

[name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Frances and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] both fit perfectly! [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] also came to mind. [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be so cute!

1 Like

Margaret is my favorite! It’s old-fashioned but not dated and works beautifully with her siblings.

Josephine- A cute name with lots of adorable nickname options. I surprisingly like this a lot.

Edith- [name_f]Edith[/name_f] goes wonderfully with her siblings. Also lots of cute nicknames.

Frances- [name_f]Frances[/name_f] & [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] is such an adorable sibset! [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is a very cute name that ages well and never loses that sweet touch.

1 Like

I think Josephine nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or Edith nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] fit well with your kids’ names.

Thank you! I love [name_u]Jo[/name_u] but I’m afraid it rhymes with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] too much.

1 Like

What about [name_u]Josie[/name_u]?

1 Like

Thank you for all of the responses. I love [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. Does anyone have any ideas for a middle name?

I love josephine nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

1 Like

Edith [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be lovely!

2 Likes

I second [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as a lovely combo.
Other middle ideas:
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] too! I don’t think either are overly popular to the point that you shouldn’t use them. Other lovely options could be [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]?

1 Like

Agree [name_f]Edith[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]) or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]) with the other names!

1 Like

Love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with your other names.

1 Like

Josephine, [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are lovely

Mildred ‘[name_f]Millie[/name_f]’, [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Leo[/name_m]’ and…

Harriet ‘[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Chessie[/name_f]’ '[name_u]Frankie[/name_u] ’
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Dora[/name_f]’ '[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] ’
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Nell[/name_f]’
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Mae[/name_f]’
[name_f]Annabella[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Annie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Dottie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Connie[/name_u]’ ‘[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Ada[/name_f]’ ‘[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Nell[/name_f]’
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Gia[/name_f]’ ‘[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]’
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ‘Fliss’
[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]’

1 Like