Little sister for Ruby and Carter (part 2)

I originally posted this topic in [name]June[/name]:

Now we’re just a few weeks from baby girl’s due date and I’d love to hear what my fellow nameberries think of our list now. Which of the following names do you like the best? [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jesse[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are her older siblings’ names and we share our last name with a famous [name]Paris[/name]. :slight_smile:

Here are the names:
[name]Adelie[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Milia[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Olive[/name] (nn [name]Liv[/name])
[name]Stella[/name]

Thank you!

Well my favorites are [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Stella[/name], but I’m guessing your last name is [name]Hilton[/name], and I’m not sure if I like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] that much.

[name]Stella[/name] is my favorite off your list. It has the the spunk of [name]Ruby[/name] and modern style of [name]Carter[/name]. [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] are cute, but I’m not sure if I like have two color names together.

Another vote for [name]Stella[/name]. Beautiful name. Would go well with your last name and flows nicely with sibling names, which are very cute by the way!

[name]Stella[/name] H. is perfect with [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]! So darling!

[name]Stella[/name] sounds great with [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name].

Yep, it’s gotta be [name]Stella[/name]. [name]Stella[/name] is perfect with your last name and it has the classic elegance of [name]Ruby[/name] and the modern whimsy of [name]Carter[/name]. Really a great choice! [name]Will[/name] you be continuing your J middle name theme for the newbie? [name]Stella[/name] [name]Joy[/name] would be pretty with [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jesse[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name], I think!

Maybe you’ve got your own ideas, but I thought I’d throw out a couple more in addition to [name]Stella[/name] [name]Joy[/name] - [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jade[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jaime[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jill[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jody[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jolie[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Josie[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]? Yea, [name]Stella[/name] [name]Joy[/name] H. is my favorite. I love it with [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]! Best of luck…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I should mention that the reason for [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]'s middle names starting with the same letter is a complete coincidence. [name]Carter[/name]'s middle name is after his birth mother, [name]Jesse[/name]. [name]Ruby[/name]'s middle name is [name]Jane[/name] because that was what her birth mother named her. This baby has the same birth mother as [name]Carter[/name], though, so I am not sure what we’ll use for her middle name. It does seem like the J thing is naturally a trend now…

So interesting that you’ve all chosen [name]Stella[/name]! That was the lest likely to be used for us. I just threw it in because I have always loved it sort of in the background. At this point, our first choice is [name]Adelie[/name] and the baby’s birth mother is in love with the name [name]Ellie[/name].

Here’s one different vote! I’ve never been a fan of [name]Stella[/name] sorry, it’s a lager brand in the UK and that’s all I can think of :S

I think [name]Adelie[/name] is stunning though and that’d be my first choice!

I also like [name]Hazel[/name], but not so much with [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] because to me it seems a bit too serious for them. [name]Ellie[/name]'s a bit too nick namey for me but [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] could make a nice middle name. [name]Leila[/name]'s beautiful but quite common when you add up the different spellings, and it doesn’t seem the same “type” of name as [name]Ruby[/name] to me. I’ve never heard of [name]Milia[/name], I like it a lot though and think this could be a really good option. I also love [name]Olive[/name]! [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] sound really sweet together and I love the nn [name]Liv[/name] :slight_smile:

So my top choices would be:

[name]Adelie[/name]
[name]Milia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]

Best of luck!

[name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] and

First up having an [name]Olive[/name] and a [name]Ruby[/name] both colours doesn’t seem to fit.

[name]Ellie[/name] is too nicknamey I can see a [name]Lenore[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] though.

[name]Milia[/name] if you had said [name]Milana[/name] I would have been swooning, but not fond of [name]Milia[/name], sorry

[name]Hazel[/name] is such a gentle name and [name]Ruby[/name] is such a spunky get up and go name I think that it would only fit in the middle name position.

[name]Leila[/name] again a lovely name and it would be my third choice.

Style wise [name]Adelie[/name] is totally different, however if you chose [name]Adeline[/name] nn [name]Adelie[/name] then that would make a good fit

[name]Adeline[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] is a good sibset.

I agree with everyone else [name]Stella[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] make the best sibset.

First choice is [name]Stella[/name]
Second is [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Leila[/name] is so pretty that it is my third choice in this sibset.

Combos

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] I think [name]Stella[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] is a spunky, edgy choice and works fantastically with [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] and yet is softened with the gentle [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] In this combo you have the pretty nn of [name]Adelie[/name] but the formal name more in keeping with her siblings style.

([name]Hope[/name] you like alliteration but these are the first combos that came to mind.)

[name]Leila[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] I think that [name]Frances[/name] balances out this combo.

all the best

rollo

Oh, how funny that the J middle names are just coincidence! I still think [name]Joy[/name] is cute…

Anyway, I agree with @rollo that [name]Adelie[/name] is so very different, style-wise, from [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], so it seems like an off choice. [name]Adeline[/name] would be better, yes. However, if the birth mother is in love with [name]Ellie[/name], it could easily be used as a nickname for [name]Stella[/name], and we all - well, most of us, excluding [name]Laura[/name]! - think [name]Carter[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] are simply divine together. But, you should go with what you love most!

PS I also think [name]Carter[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] would be perfect together.

Is [name]Adelie[/name] pronounced like [name]Adele[/name], but with an ee sound at the end? Is it ah-[name]DELL[/name]-ee or like [name]Adelaide[/name], but with an ee sound at the end? Not like ah-DEEL-yah, right?

This is actually my favorite on your list because (I’m a little obsessed with this at the moment), I think a 3 syllable first name sounds best with a 2 syllable last. And [name]Ellie[/name] is certainly a great match with [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]. Plus it’s hands down the most unusual of the bunch.

The biggest downside, it seems to me, is pronunciation confusion.

@ [name]Lauren[/name] - Lol! Sorry, you know I have to be difficult about these things :stuck_out_tongue: It’s my weird British associations. Funny, cos I always liked [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name] just not [name]Stella[/name].

Also, glad to see [name]Pam[/name] agrees with me :slight_smile: hehe. But honestly, whatever you choose will be lovely!

I pronounce [name]Adelie[/name] like [name]Adelaide[/name] but with an “ee” on the end instead of the “aide”. I’m not sure which pronunciation is considered “correct” though?

[name]Laura[/name],

You aren’t being difficult! I guess I just never realized that [name]Stella[/name] Artois would cast such a negative opinion on [name]Stella[/name]! Funny enough, when I was living in [name]England[/name], we got a puppy who had a mother named [name]Stella[/name], a father named [name]Sam[/name], and them my parents decided to give him a beer name! It was like [name]Stella[/name] Artois, [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Adams[/name], and then our dog’s beer name, Hoegaarden “Hogie.” I know - weird.

By the way, I have no idea what the correct pronunciation of [name]Adelie[/name] is! When I say it, it sounds an awful lot like “a deli,” though…

Lol that’s funny! Hogie’s a cute dog name though! [name]Stella[/name] Artois does give me a really negative association actually. It’s kind of known as the lager of choice for members of the so called “chav” culture lol. This is not a good thing! This made me giggle… http://www.boredandlazy.co.uk/quiz.php?q=chav

Plus [name]Stella[/name] Artois is called just “[name]Stella[/name]” 99% of the time here which makes it worse.

Oh and [name]Adelie[/name] I kinda say like [name]Amelie[/name], same sort of rhythm but obviously a d instead of an m.

In my mind, and from what I gather searching online, [name]Adelie[/name] is pronounced like [name]Natalie[/name] with no N and a D in place of T. :slight_smile: [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] were two we liked at different points, and if we didn’t have a few friends with Amelies already, I would consider that. When I laid eyes upon [name]Adelie[/name] last week, I was taken back because I had never seen it before, and I physically swooned! Texted birth mom right away to ask what she thought and her response was “I like” so I’ve been loving ever since!

[name]Adelie[/name] like the penguins?

I guess, I had never heard of the penguins by that name before now.

Yep, [name]Adelie[/name] is a type of penguine. I do like the sound of [name]Add[/name]-uh-lee though, andI actually like [name]Addie[/name] with [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name]. You might also like [name]Elodie[/name], prn [name]Ell[/name]-uh-dee.

Yeah, [name]Adelie[/name] is a species of penguin. They’re pretty cute little guys. You see them in zoos and aquariums a lot. I love the suggestion of [name]Elodie[/name] instead! It sounds similar to [name]Adelie[/name] and you can still have [name]Ellie[/name] as a nickname. I think [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Carter[/name], and [name]Elodie[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] together.