Little sister is here!

Theodora Taylor was born at sunrise this week, a little sister for Martha and Morris!

Just as for my two older children, we only tuned in to the name that felt right in the last two weeks of pregnancy. We had cycled through June, Susannah, Esther, Cordelia, and a couple other frontrunners beforehand. As is typical for us, lists and pre-planning are useless—all three of our kids’ names just came to us at the last minute and insisted on being used! There is some definite irony in the fact that I’m a huge name nerd and yet a last-minute, intuitive baby namer.

We love all the nicknames for Theodora, though Thea is the one we’re using most for now. Her middle name is my first name, and I love the contrast of a vintage first with a surname middle. Martha and Morris are both family names (a version of my mom’s name and my maiden name) so it felt right to give her a family middle. I love that my kids’ names have so much matriarchal significance.

It gave me a brief pause to use the feminization of such a popular boys’ name, but I had a similar experience growing up sharing my name with boys, too, and she’ll have the benefit of lots of nickname options to choose from.

I feel so elated with her name. It’s a great mix of family significance and sounds we love. Even my 9-year-old daughter loves it, and she is a tough customer. :grin: Ultimately, it just feels like it belongs to her. :two_hearts:

64 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]! Congratulations!

1 Like

oh I’ve been waiting to see what you would pick!! [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is so lovely, and sounds just great with her siblings :dizzy: huge congratulations

1 Like

Aww! Thank you so much. :revolving_hearts:

What a gorgeous set of names your children have! Congratulations!

1 Like

thank you so much! :heartpulse:

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a darling name!! 🩷

1 Like

Huge congratulations :heart_eyes:

Her name is perfection! Oh, I loved reading this post!! It oozes with love and darling affection. Those notes from [name_f]Martha[/name_f] are perhaps too beautiful… I’m melting.

A very warm welcome to baby [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. What a stunning name!

1 Like

aww, thank you so much @snowmaiden ! (I’m obsessed with Martha’s posters too :sob:) You were such an encouraging and enthusiastic voice on the forums as I pondered. I loved your thoughts on [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] in my sibset and i’m so glad that I felt freed up to go for another Victorian valentine type of name! :cupid::heart_eyes:

This is an incredible message… gosh!! Oh my heart. You are the most welcome. I’m absolutely in grilled for you! Wishing blessings and bliss for you all! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

congratulations!! [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is a lovely name

1 Like

SO cute!!! welcome, theodora :))))

1 Like

Congratulations – lovely name! :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is a beautiful name, I love it with your other two as well. Congratulations and welcome [name_f]Thea[/name_f] :two_hearts:

1 Like

thank you @katinka ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wow [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is such a great choice! I love the sibset so much. Congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations! Theodora is a lovely name and the picture your daughter drew is so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like